Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
I agree with mkl, haven't done that since I started using Spektrum. I couple years ago that was a thing with certain brand of power hungry, but not now. Its a whole new world!!
Thank you.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

X-Bus connection will work with our additional telemetry module and some other things that are in the works....

We have not heard of many crashes with 2.01.01 software. If you don't connect to wifi - please do, the 6R will send us crash reports. Also if you can PM me or email me @ [email protected], would like to know more so we can look at it.

SD card cover has been a thorn since the radio was released. Some come out good and some do not. Its been an ongoing project to look at what we can do to update the cover.
Thank you Nikos,

I sent the reports over wifi.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

X-Bus connection will work with our additional telemetry module and some other things that are in the works....
Please enlighten us what other things ‘in the works’ do you have planned?
Old 02-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
I have never run a capacitor in any of my receivers. I think some of the need for those are power hungry servos. I think the new receivers have better power delivery and if you don't have a really power hungry servo, you should be good. Also does your ESC have adjustable voltage? I certainly haven't had a problem since I adjusted my ESC to 7.4v.
Careful when you do this that your servo is rated for HV! Not all servo's will like that much voltage.

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc
I'm back with another question guys, I have spekturm's have to use a capacitor plugged into the receiver? I have never had to do this with my MXV. If I go 6xr am I going to need one for every receiver? I run all Protech 100ss or 100t servos all 1/10 scale racing.
ESC BEC's have become much better at powering hungry servo's. Caps on the receiver's was something that was common many years ago but are not common these days. Again I see this as improvements in ESC's that supply the power. The receiver is just a conduit as they don't really supply power themselves. It comes from the BEC. With all that being said you should not need a cap with any current system.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:06 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Careful when you do this that your servo is rated for HV! Not all servo's will like that much voltage.

ESC BEC's have become much better at powering hungry servo's. Caps on the receiver's was something that was common many years ago but are not common these days. Again I see this as improvements in ESC's that supply the power. The receiver is just a conduit as they don't really supply power themselves. It comes from the BEC. With all that being said you should not need a cap with any current system.
Agreed. I should have mentioned that I have servos capable of HV.
I also agree that the BEC have gotten much better. That really solved a lot of issues with brownouts.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

We have not heard of many crashes with 2.01.01 software. If you don't connect to wifi - please do, the 6R will send us crash reports. Also if you can PM me or email me @ [email protected], would like to know more so we can look at it.

SD card cover has been a thorn since the radio was released. Some come out good and some do not. Its been an ongoing project to look at what we can do to update the cover.
Many crashes ? why does the radio crash at all ?
Old 02-06-2018, 03:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Please enlighten us what other things ‘in the works’ do you have planned?
Old 02-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default Transmitter Only Version

Does the transmitter only version of the DX6R still come with the accessories (battery, dock, grips, etc)? I noticed on Horizon’s website the accessories are pictured with the radio, minus the receivers of course.

Is the touch screen glass like a cell phone, or plastic?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumRC

Thanks!
Plastic. I scratched mines I never protect my phone so I didn’t think I’d need a protector.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
Does the transmitter only version of the DX6R still come with the accessories (battery, dock, grips, etc)? I noticed on Horizon’s website the accessories are pictured with the radio, minus the receivers of course.

Thanks!
Yes, it does come with all of the same items.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggybattle
Many crashes ? why does the radio crash at all ?
Do you have Raceware 2.01.01 loaded? Night and day difference from the older version. Please contact me if you still see crashes with new software would like to know because we haven't seen it.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Can the people asking about DSM2 receivers on the 6R contact me via PM please?
Old 02-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Do you have Raceware 2.01.01 loaded? Night and day difference from the older version. Please contact me if you still see crashes with new software would like to know because we haven't seen it.
Do you know when they plan to release this radio as just a radio and not a radio android combo ? Looks like a nice radio but the os stuff is not needed for rc racing imho
Old 02-10-2018, 08:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggybattle
Do you know when they plan to release this radio as just a radio and not a radio android combo ? Looks like a nice radio but the os stuff is not needed for rc racing imho
Look at the DX5R... i am totally happy with mine.
battery tray screws are a bummer, and a little trick to get the shim pieces on the steering...
But the radio fits comfortably in my hand and works great.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowspark
Look at the DX5R... i am totally happy with mine.
battery tray screws are a bummer, and a little trick to get the shim pieces on the steering...
But the radio fits comfortably in my hand and works great.
Thanks. Someone at my track has the Dx6R. Hoping to see how it feels compared to my mt44. I have used the DX4R and didn’t like it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.