Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Additionally, called Horizon Tech Support about the frame rate. Thier answer is that the "higher end" receivers will bind at less than 11ms (some as low as 5.5ms). The 'Sport Receivers' all bind at 22ms. This is probably fast enough for most of us...specifically on a low-grip dirt track. The good thing is that when the next generation of receivers come out, I won't need a new radio. The one remaining concern: battery life, I addressed by purchasing a 2nd transmitter battery.

Would really like to understand the driving modes. I assume they are like flight modes in my air transmitters. Hope there is a YouTube explaining these.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BasherBT
Additionally, called Horizon Tech Support about the frame rate. Thier answer is that the "higher end" receivers will bind at less than 11ms (some as low as 5.5ms). The 'Sport Receivers' all bind at 22ms. This is probably fast enough for most of us...specifically on a low-grip dirt track. The good thing is that when the next generation of receivers come out, I won't need a new radio. The one remaining concern: battery life, I addressed by purchasing a 2nd transmitter battery.

Would really like to understand the driving modes. I assume they are like flight modes in my air transmitters. Hope there is a YouTube explaining these.
To add a little bit for you.... The Sport, AVC and Telemetry receivers (SR210, SR310, SR415, SRS6000, SR6000T - current production models) all will bind at 11mm, 16.5ms (DSM2) and 22ms. The more "race" style receivers - SR2100 and SR2010 can also bind at 5.5ms. In the past we have done some blind testing and not many could tell the difference between 5.5ms and 11ms. On the battery question - its not really an issue. Fully charged, you can turn the radio on, use it, and put in sleep mode when not driving. Mine lasts all day at the track with no issues. If I am using Bluetooth/WiFi to stream Pandora or watch little racing on the android, I may need to charge a little -- of course, I am asking the radio to do more than just be a radio at that point.

Drive modes are a lot of fun. Like flight modes on the air side. Think of it as a whole different set of tuning variables, that you can activate with one touch. Instead of trying to adapt to a track that is getting slicker, like during a long nitro main. You can have a drive mode already set with reduced steering and throttle inputs - one touch and you know exact where the change moved. Not trying to remember how many "clicks" you dialed out. I have also used drive modes to let my son drive my mod short course. Set up a drive mode with settings he can control - one touch, and its ready to let him play. One touch and back to race mode for me.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
To add a little bit for you.... The Sport, AVC and Telemetry receivers (SR210, SR310, SR415, SRS6000, SR6000T - current production models) all will bind at 11mm, 16.5ms (DSM2) and 22ms. The more "race" style receivers - SR2100 and SR2010 can also bind at 5.5ms. In the past we have done some blind testing and not many could tell the difference between 5.5ms and 11ms. On the battery question - its not really an issue. Fully charged, you can turn the radio on, use it, and put in sleep mode when not driving. Mine lasts all day at the track with no issues. If I am using Bluetooth/WiFi to stream Pandora or watch little racing on the android, I may need to charge a little -- of course, I am asking the radio to do more than just be a radio at that point.

Drive modes are a lot of fun. Like flight modes on the air side. Think of it as a whole different set of tuning variables, that you can activate with one touch. Instead of trying to adapt to a track that is getting slicker, like during a long nitro main. You can have a drive mode already set with reduced steering and throttle inputs - one touch and you know exact where the change moved. Not trying to remember how many "clicks" you dialed out. I have also used drive modes to let my son drive my mod short course. Set up a drive mode with settings he can control - one touch, and its ready to let him play. One touch and back to race mode for me.
In just wanted to add this. The Sr6000t that came with my dx5r was able to bind at 5.5ms.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RacerX11
In just wanted to add this. The Sr6000t that came with my dx5r was able to bind at 5.5ms.
Yes, in just the 2ch mode. If you try and use the telemetry, you need to be in 11ms.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Decided to give this radio another shot since all the new updates. First night out was really good. Most comfortable radio on the market has always been my thought. With all the bugs worked out I am happy I gave the radio another chance. Battery was at 80% after a full night of racing. never shut the radio off just put it in standby.
rbrownsr likes this.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BRSracing
Decided to give this radio another shot since all the new updates. First night out was really good. Most comfortable radio on the market has always been my thought. With all the bugs worked out I am happy I gave the radio another chance. Battery was at 80% after a full night of racing. never shut the radio off just put it in standby.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Just got DX6R tonight! Setting up my TRX-4 was very intuitive using all aux channels on the 6ch RX. Only issue I have so far is that I can't seem to upload my TRX-4 pic from the SD card. I click on "Import from SD Card", Then it gives me a "Raceware requires permission" message, I click "OK", then I just see "Recent", and when I click on that, all I get is "No items". I have a .jpg file on my SD card. Note sure if there are specific format requirements for the SD card, of the .jpg itself? Any deas? Fairly impressed so far!
Old 11-16-2018, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication
Just got DX6R tonight! Setting up my TRX-4 was very intuitive using all aux channels on the 6ch RX. Only issue I have so far is that I can't seem to upload my TRX-4 pic from the SD card. I click on "Import from SD Card", Then it gives me a "Raceware requires permission" message, I click "OK", then I just see "Recent", and when I click on that, all I get is "No items". I have a .jpg file on my SD card. Note sure if there are specific format requirements for the SD card, of the .jpg itself? Any deas? Fairly impressed so far!
Might need to reduce the size of the pic?
Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Also check in ES File Explorer (on the Apps page) to see if you can view the files on the SD card. My guess is that the file is too large (as stated above) or that the SD card class is too high, so the card can not be recognized. If you see the card and any contents on ES File, that would help answer part of the question.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

I was able to view the pic on the remote, just not upload it as my icon, so I will try and reduce the size and try again, I wish the manual gave more detail on allowed specs...

Edit: No go... I wish someone from Spektrum would chime in on what the requirements to do this are. In the manual it makes it sound so easy.

Last edited by NFA Fabrication; 11-17-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

I was able to view the pic on the remote, just not upload it as my icon, so I will try and reduce the size and try again, I wish the manual gave more detail on allowed specs...

Edit: No go... I wish someone from Spektrum would chime in on what the requirements to do this are. In the manual it makes it sound so easy.
NFA - unfortunately, my software engineer took the who week off for Thanksgiving... so I don't have a perfect technical answer for your. From my experience and use... the pictures I use my on my 6R range from 40KB to 440KB.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nikos2002
NFA - unfortunately, my software engineer took the who week off for Thanksgiving... so I don't have a perfect technical answer for your. From my experience and use... the pictures I use my on my 6R range from 40KB to 440KB.
Thanks for the reply! I will see what size I got them to before I gave up. Also, my rubber cover for my USB/SD slot doesn't fit at all, did I get a bad one? Or is that actually how it fits?

Edit: Here is a video showing what is happening:

Last edited by NFA Fabrication; 11-20-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply! I will see what size I got them to before I gave up. Also, my rubber cover for my USB/SD slot doesn't fit at all, did I get a bad one? Or is that actually how it fits?

Edit: Here is a video showing what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvRYQ1aY_kw

you have the answer ...right there in front of you dude!!

the dx6r ASK you ...where should it take a look at the pictures....so simply ...SELECT and hit that screen...
Old 11-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, make sure you press SELECT to made sure its using the SD card.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racinrick
you have the answer ...right there in front of you dude!!

the dx6r ASK you ...where should it take a look at the pictures....so simply ...SELECT and hit that screen...
Considering I had already selected EXTSD on the previous screen, I wouldn't think I would have to do it again, but that did it! Thanks!

Edit, After doing this once, the rest of the models pictures uploaded as I originally expected them to. It was only weird like this for the first upload. Working great now! Honestly if the USB cover wasn't junk, and it came with a few different sized triggers, I am not sure I would have any other complaints with this radio so far. Very happy with it!

Last edited by NFA Fabrication; 11-24-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Updated info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.