Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default battery

Originally Posted by tony montana
Need some help, just bought a brand new Dx6r. It’s the newer radio with the new race ware. First thing first I can’t get it to turn on. Screen won’t do anything. Figured the battery was dead. So I charged it and when on the charger it reads the battery and the battery level thing on the front of the radio turns orange. Says it’s basiclly charged and I’m holding down the power button like the manual says but nothing powers on. Suggestions?
Ive had this happen to me a couple times. when battery goes completley dead. I think its to dead for the charger to start charging. the orange light on front means transmitter is on if it has a blinking blue in it it means its charging. I have had to pull the battery out and charge it on a regular li ion charger to get it started in the charging cycle.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Tony, sorry to hear you had an issue, sounds like a faulty power button, would love say they are all perfect, but one has to be made at 4:59 on Friday afternoon...

If you contact Horizon support, they will get you fixed up ASAP.
Nick I called today, never had a issue with anything horizon and have bought tons of product from them. Gentlemen I spoke with today about it was very professional and said would be taken care of.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by maxx90
Ive had this happen to me a couple times. when battery goes completley dead. I think its to dead for the charger to start charging. the orange light on front means transmitter is on if it has a blinking blue in it it means its charging. I have had to pull the battery out and charge it on a regular li ion charger to get it started in the charging cycle.
It’s definitely a switch issue. took a couple of bolts out of the radio to confirm. The wire from the switch going to the control board is broken. No biggie sure they will get it fixed
Old 01-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Scoob.. sorry for the late reply after the holiday.. send me a PM if your still having issues. Would need some other setting info to help see what happening. Also sent you a PM.
Not sure if PM is working as I sent one to you days again still no reply.

Better to share this info to all anyway than hide away with PM!

Well after your suggestion from my last post. Yes I already knew that 5.5 frame rate does not work with telemetry or AVC (grandma can suck eggs fine thanks!)

It's my conclusion that the raceware app does not support telemetry AND avc together at the same time.

You have to bind to either avc or telemetry.

I'm sending back the SRS6000 (AVC) receiver and the TM1500 telemetry module. After having a brief play with AVC I found it pretty useless in the end, it may be fine for young children or very inexperienced drivers but for me it is not worth the time or day.

Hence I've got back to the SR6000T receiver (with telemetry).
Old 01-04-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

AVC has it's place and it is not for everyone. It is technically illegal for racing. For a VERY high powered car it does help with control on loose surfaces but if you have decent traction or not overpowered significantly any average to good driver should still be able to control the vehicle. As for AVC with telemetry not sure I have tried that so not sure of the limitation there.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Casper
AVC has it's place and it is not for everyone. It is technically illegal for racing. For a VERY high powered car it does help with control on loose surfaces but if you have decent traction or not overpowered significantly any average to good driver should still be able to control the vehicle. As for AVC with telemetry not sure I have tried that so not sure of the limitation there.
Well my 8S Xmaxx with 1/5th motor it definitely comes into the VERY high powered league! Lol

But it does have very good traction with my proline badlands and very stable at high speed (as I get no ballooning with the badlands) which is why I came to the conclusion for me that AVC is definitely not needed.

Telemetry on the other hand is very useful.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AVC is also useful for inherently unstable vehicles like the Losi Baja Rey. No amount of suspension tuning can make that truck handle just-right, because it basically has a drift-car drivetrain with the open front diff and locked rear diff.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Scoobied - check your PM, apologies as the holiday ran longer in some aspects than planned.

Short version of the answer here is that we are learning about all new kinds of ways we can make the 6R work. The great thing about the 6R is its capable of so many things. Apparently, even more than we are allowing it to do.

As we work on new ideas, software, etc for the 6R, more and more concepts will be added to what it can do.

Nick/Spektrum
scoobied77 likes this.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Hey nick check your pm
Old 01-10-2018, 04:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Scoobied - check your PM, apologies as the holiday ran longer in some aspects than planned.

Short version of the answer here is that we are learning about all new kinds of ways we can make the 6R work. The great thing about the 6R is its capable of so many things. Apparently, even more than we are allowing it to do.

As we work on new ideas, software, etc for the 6R, more and more concepts will be added to what it can do.

Nick/Spektrum
Is a new version of the raceware app in the works as it's been a while since the last version?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Tech Prophet

It would be my guess there is always a new version in the works.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Casper
It would be my guess there is always a new version in the works.
When’s it going to be released though as it’s been a while since the last update!?
1M likes this.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Is there a place to view the numbers for the receiver that comprised the 'Bad' batch. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Nick/Spektrum
hi I'm a new owner of the radiocontrol dx6r, I wanted to ask if you have never thought of doing the multi-language raceware like the other radio controls of the spektrum line, at least in the setup I did not find the multilingual.
First thing negative with the cost so high one expects the multilingual.
Secondly, I downloaded the software from Google Play, but before doing this I blocked the automatic update of Google Play, unfortunately when I restarted the remote control and 'stuck with the shutdown of youtube because' google play 'anyway updated with Google Play Services
I had to, with great difficulty, restore android and install from microsd, it does many things but you can not connect to the network.
When do you solve this youtube problem?
Thanks for your attention, greetings from Emanuele
Old 01-13-2018, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by scoobied77
When’s it going to be released though as it’s been a while since the last update!?
No clue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.