Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Oh no .......you can revert back to the other software on the computer.
The lines you are seeing should go away after you revert to the older software.
Lol ok. I only did it because a message popped up saying there was a new version to upgrade to...
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think all the answers you have been receiving are correct...........you need to gear up or you could adjust the timing and boost on the settings.
I made a similar change from Mamba Monster 2200Kv unsensored to the SCT-PRO with a 2100Kv sensored motor. Chassis is an Xray XB808E. Indoor clay track (SDRC).
Here are my observations: In 4s, the MM was not functional at all, all 4 wheels spinning wildly all the time. looks very exciting but very slow in terms of laptimes. It became more functional with 3S and punch dialed way down. But still very hard to control the power since it is so non-linear even after it is set to linear on Castlelink. After switching over to the SCT-PRO (and solving my red/green blinky issues), I can really fine-tune the punch (2-4 usually) to deliver the right amount of power to get around the track efficiently. The difference in driveability is enormous. I do not miss the MM setup at all.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh no .......you can revert back to the other software on the computer.
The lines you are seeing should go away after you revert to the older software.
OK I re-installed USB Link V3.1 and reflashed my 2-in-1 programmer with the V1.08_120504 firmware. However, the USB Link still won't read my ESC, and I still see the bars on the screen.

Did I brick my ESC?
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

i have a traxxas slash vxl and i was wondering if it was a good car to race. i have never raced rc cars and i have heard good and bad things about traxxas but i have personally had good luck with traxxas. i also have a traxxas jato 3.3 and i have heard good things about it but they say it's not for racing.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK I tried every combination of plugging things in, and it's still broken. It will recognize my programming box, but no longer my ESC.

Guess I'm off to the LHS for a Viper VTX10 combo. I'm running a Viper VTX8 in my 4x4 SC and I like it, so I might as well consolidate instead of waiting for another HW ESC to arrive.

So long HW, nice knowin' ya lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

I have a little dent on my 4274SD motor. WIll it affect the performance. Also, is there a way for me to open up my 150A ESC to be cleaned? I think its dusty/dirty cos sometimes the fan doesn't work.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyredevo
OK I re-installed USB Link V3.1 and reflashed my 2-in-1 programmer with the V1.08_120504 firmware. However, the USB Link still won't read my ESC, and I still see the bars on the screen.

Did I brick my ESC?
Try hooking the whole system up to your pc, and make sure your usb cable is making a good connection. I have heard of an issue from a user about a loose connection. And you may have to turn on the esc while connected, the lines should go away.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darcness
I understand and I definitely appreciate the help. I actually switched away from the Castle because the power delivery was too on/off and I didn't like it. I wanted something smoother and the HW combo CERTAINLY is that. I love the way it feels with the linear power, just looking to get a little bit more out of it.
I dont know how it works with the 4s but on my 2s im running 6600 and 65c batteries and it woke it up from 5000 40c

I think all the answers you have been receiving are correct...........you need to gear up or you could adjust the timing and boost on the settings.
except the SCT Pro doest have boost...

Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by d_scientist
I have a little dent on my 4274SD motor. WIll it affect the performance. Also, is there a way for me to open up my 150A ESC to be cleaned? I think its dusty/dirty cos sometimes the fan doesn't work.

Thanks!
I dont think a small dent will make a difference. The fan not running all the time could be a dirty connection, buy I dont think going into the case is a great idea. Try and make sure all the wires are in good shape first.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Try hooking the whole system up to your pc, and make sure your usb cable is making a good connection. I have heard of an issue from a user about a loose connection. And you may have to turn on the esc while connected, the lines should go away.
LOL It's all connected fine, it's just bricked because I put the wrong firmware on it. If it wasn't connected it wouldn't power on. I've tried plugging in just the program box to the car via the servo lead, all 3 plugged in together, and the program box just plugged into the computer. In all cases there are just bars across the screen.

Oh well, great software you guys got there
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
I dont know how it works with the 4s but on my 2s im running 6600 and 65c batteries and it woke it up from 5000 40c

except the SCT Pro doest have boost...

Yes you are correct, there is no boost adjustment..............my bad. I will try to be more diligent in the future.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rallyredevo
LOL It's all connected fine, it's just bricked because I put the wrong firmware on it. If it wasn't connected it wouldn't power on. I've tried plugging in just the program box to the car via the servo lead, all 3 plugged in together, and the program box just plugged into the computer. In all cases there are just bars across the screen.

Oh well, great software you guys got there
Plese go here and see if you can get some assistance from Hobbywing directly............http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/contact-us
Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes you are correct, there is no boost adjustment..............my bad. I will try to be more diligent in the future.
you better....lmao! J/K, only reason i know is becuz i have it, hehe
Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
you better....lmao! J/K, only reason i know is becuz i have it, hehe
I have not had mine on the program card for over 2 months, I was waiting for the TEKNO truck to arrive.......got it! Now this weekend I will start adjusting more.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Put the combo in my car tonight and programmed it with the card and all that it seems reallly nice i love it so far we will see how it does on the track!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.