Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lewis110
The V3 firmware is fine. The new firmware for the 2.1 and earlier esc starts with V3. The pc program will not let you load the wrong firmware into your esc. The newest firmware starts with V3 doesn't mean your flashing the actual firmware for the V3 esc. I know its confusing.
Will it let you load the wrong firmware onto the programming box?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyredevo
No, I believe there will be 3 options for the program box. 2 are for the ezrun/xerun 2.0 2.1 models the 3rd is for the V3 esc's. If you loaded the V3 firmware into the box then it won't recognize the 2.1 esc. But it should still work inline if your using the pc software. It sounds/looks to me you just need to hook only the program box up to the pc software and reflash just the box. They recommend you reflash anything twice just to make sure it works. When you hook the box up you gotta hit the device tap and click on 2-1 program box. And then update it from there.

Roger
Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is NO right or wrong firmware to load onto the Program box, you just need correct firmware to program your ESC when you're out on the track with no access to a PC/USB Link software.

A new Program Box is going to be released soon that has more memory so both the v3 and 2.1v can be loaded simultaneously and from run a single box. Great for those who run different HW ESC's in different classes.

Last edited by TRiN; 01-25-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRiN
There is NO right or wrong firmware to load onto the Program box, you just need correct firmware to program your ESC when you're out on the track with no access to a PC/USB Link software.

A new Program Box is going to be released soon that has more memory so both the v3 and 2.1v can be loaded simultaneously and from run a single box. Great for those who run different HW ESC's in different classes.
OK then I take it back, the firmware drop-downs are contextual and therefore not dangerous. Rant retracted.

I don't know what happened w/ my program box then. I do remember my VM froze and I had to bounce it after it was done. After that it would no longer connect to the software to flash it, nor would it read anything but bars connected to my ESC. But my other one connects just fine to both. It doesn't pop up as a USB device or anything, but the other one pops up right away and the green "connection light" comes on. It's legit bricked, but I don't care since it was cheap and I have another one.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

OK then I take it back, the firmware drop-downs are contextual and therefore not dangerous. Rant retracted.

I don't know what happened w/ my program box then. I do remember my VM froze and I had to bounce it after it was done. After that it would no longer connect to the software to flash it, nor would it read anything but bars connected to my ESC. But my other one connects just fine to both. It doesn't pop up as a USB device or anything, but the other one pops up right away and the green "connection light" comes on. It's legit bricked, but I don't care since it was cheap and I have another one.
No problems! That's all I was trying to push... that you had a genuine crack at troubleshooting the issue rather than quickly dismissing the software itself and a specific function that was intended by design.

Happy racing!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN
As stated there is not right or wrong software for the program card BUT if you get the wrong software i have heard it wont read some of the ESC's so HENCE why HW is making the new box to hold both/multiple softwares and i've been told you cant go back on software for the box but mine works with both of my ESCs so im not changing anything but ESC software.

Just like ive always been told and believe...IF its not broke, dont fix it!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Guys coming off from rx8 to sc pro esc. I use savox 1267 servo and airtronics receiver, do i need to use capacitor for these power hungry savox? Thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pword
Guys coming off from rx8 to sc pro esc. I use savox 1267 servo and airtronics receiver, do i need to use capacitor for these power hungry savox? Thanks
I run a SCT pro with a Airtronics and 1258tg servo. No capacitor needed with any of my stuff.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

I run a SCT pro with a Airtronics and 1258tg servo. No capacitor needed with any of my stuff.
right but its the receiver that is the issue and usually the Spektrum in which i run the SR200 and SR300's and i was looking at the 1257 and 1258 with 1 for my SCTE and 1 for the ADX-10 with torque goin in the SCTE(the 1258)
Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
right but its the receiver that is the issue and usually the Spektrum in which i run the SR200 and SR300's and i was looking at the 1257 and 1258 with 1 for my SCTE and 1 for the ADX-10 with torque goin in the SCTE(the 1258)
Yes Correct, most if the brownouts I've heard about has been from a spectrum/savox combo. Now with that said. Before I bought my Airtronics stuff. I ran a spectrum sr200 receiver with the 1258tg servo. And I didn't experience any problems. For extra insurance it wouldn't hurt to use a capacitor.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Yes Correct, most if the brownouts I've heard about has been from a spectrum/savox combo. Now with that said. Before I bought my Airtronics stuff. I ran a spectrum sr200 receiver with the 1258tg servo. And I didn't experience any problems. For extra insurance it wouldn't hurt to use a capacitor.
so what the difference from the BEC and caps, i kno its a stupid question but i think my Xtreme stock esc came with caps and it gets wired on the + and - leads of the battery wires and a BEC goes into the receiver? i would think the receiver plug style would work better as it would supply the power the receiver is lacking but at the same time the receiver limits the power hence the brown outs so i dunno what to think...
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Is there any difference between the V3110930_stock and V3110930_mod firmwares besides the stock settings? I ask because the mod version does not have adjustable start RPM or boost punch, and I would like to be able to adjust those.

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

^^^ thanks guys. Doesnt hurt to put cap.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

The caps that come with the ESC are for the ESC power leads. That said, I didn't feel they were necessary with my batteries, so I put a male servo connector on them and plugged it into the RX for extra safety.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aravan
Is there any difference between the V3110930_stock and V3110930_mod firmwares besides the stock settings? I ask because the mod version does not have adjustable start RPM or boost punch, and I would like to be able to adjust those.

Thanks.
The 930stock is designed for smaller motors like a 21.5-8.5. The 930mod is designed for mod racing. As you know there are more adjustments on the stock programing. Mod motors from my understanding don't like a whole lot of boost. And let's face it. If your running mod and wanna go faster. You just put a bigger motor in. A lot of mod guys actually run in blinky mode.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.