Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Yeah, I would start 72/32-31ish. Watch temps. AE makes a 72t spur that allows you to keep your slipper. Blinky mode is basically zero timing (V1_508_NO timing) with the flashing LED as per ROAR rules.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Yes you can use the HW LCD. Go to the link below and DL v1.35. Update your programmer and load 212.

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...802PROcb&c=ESC
My lcd has the most recent hw software on it. do i still need to download the sp software? It programs my sp speedo fine as is. Reason for asking is that i have hw speedo in my 4wd. Going to be a PITA if i have to change program box software every time i want to change software on one of the speedos. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Yes you'll just have to load SP's V1.35 once onto the LCD. The HW speedo will work with SP software and vice versa. That way you can use SP software and come on here and share setup and support.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Dave. Couple more questions, hopefully the last for a bit. One, I read something in the Onraod thread a few weeks ago about having to flash software twice to either the box or speedo to get it to work. Is that correct?

Two, any recommendations on what SP software to flash to my HW speedo in 4wd buggy? XERun V2, 6.5 motor with 40C batteries. No boost or turbo needed
Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

You can flash the box or speedo twice. It won't hurt. I've never had to.
Use 205 mod.
As for questions...ask away. We're all here to help.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You can flash the box or speedo twice. It won't hurt. I've never had to.
Use 205 mod.
As for questions...ask away. We're all here to help.
Dave, I use 528 mod for 2wd and 4wd buggy and 2wd stadium truck with the v3.0 7.5 motors. Have you tried it? what are the differences between the two? Do you prefer 205 for any particular reason?

Mike
Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

528mod is a milder version of the 528stock. I've never tried it, but with 7.5 you pretty much have all the motor you want. I run 205 with 9.5 and lower. Anything lower than that your throttle finger is more important with especially when traction is low. Just be careful with settings and temps. If your having success than cool. Post some settings to share.
I recomend JP Richards setup off the site. Dude is wicked fast with buggy and truck using 205.
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/escsetup.asp
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Agree JP has some great skills wheeling a rc car. I pretty much have all the timing and punch settings near the high end of the options. With mod it seems to not be as critical to be at setting 8 instead of 7 on something. Especially with the 7.5 The last setting is knocked back a little especially on the 4wd buggy to keep temps down a little. I think it is the SCPunch setting.
I usually run the 2wd cars with the epa down between 80 and 90 percent and adjust slipper and expo settings for track conditions. I like the added rip of the 7.5 to pull ahead of someone when battling out of a corner or where ever. A quick blip can put me back up front. It can be a handful as well though.
It has been months of using the equipment and I still have experimenting to do. I will post discoveries as I find them.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

New software on the way!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New software on the way!
Sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't see it on the Speed Passion website. Is the SC Master ESC firmware updateable? If so, which card do you need? The one that comes with it that was mentioned in this thread a few days ago, or the LCD one?

As an aside, last night in the novice class I took 1st place in both heats, and 2nd in the main (stupid mistakes cost me) with my new SP combo! Great bang for the buck.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrbirchum
Sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't see it on the Speed Passion website. Is the SC Master ESC firmware updateable? If so, which card do you need? The one that comes with it that was mentioned in this thread a few days ago, or the LCD one?

As an aside, last night in the novice class I took 1st place in both heats, and 2nd in the main (stupid mistakes cost me) with my new SP combo! Great bang for the buck.
Good job mrbirchum, tuesday night I qualified 4th and won the main for our 2wd open SCT club race when the leader broke. 8 trucks in the main, my Speed Passion setup was fast and flawless.
Tom
Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrbirchum

New software is not avail to public yet. Just team drivers. It is something a bit different in comparison to 212/528 in terms of parameters with more adjustment increments. I'm sure it will be posted on the site soon. Good things come to those who wait.

Unfortunatley the Short Course Master ESC is not updateable to the above softwares. You would have to upgrade to one of the GT series of speedos.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i use nothing but 205 in all my cars
xxxt-cr with 6.5 v3
xxx-cr with 8.5 v3
xxx-sct with 7.5 v3
custom built sprint car with 7.5 v2

i have an extra speedo that i use to test all the software updates
but the boost software just never feels right for me..as our track has like 60ft straight and it seems to always come on too late for my taste

we do have a large outdoor offroad that im going to load the newest SW in and go play.....so my feelings may change on booooooooooooost
Old 04-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default New to SP offroad

Hey guys just picked up an LPF GT2.0 carbon esc for my new losi 22. I just didnt feel like spending 200+ on another brand and Ive heard great things about SP. Now can this version be upgraded in terms of software? And how many drive profiles does it have? Ive had the best luck with LRP in the past and Im hoping to have the same smoothness here. Plus the smaller footprint of this esc will be good because theres not much room under the shell on the car. very tight space.

Any other feedback is good to hear, Im new to the brand.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjk1210
Agree JP has some great skills wheeling a rc car. I pretty much have all the timing and punch settings near the high end of the options. With mod it seems to not be as critical to be at setting 8 instead of 7 on something. Especially with the 7.5 The last setting is knocked back a little especially on the 4wd buggy to keep temps down a little. I think it is the SCPunch setting.
I usually run the 2wd cars with the epa down between 80 and 90 percent and adjust slipper and expo settings for track conditions. I like the added rip of the 7.5 to pull ahead of someone when battling out of a corner or where ever. A quick blip can put me back up front. It can be a handful as well though.
It has been months of using the equipment and I still have experimenting to do. I will post discoveries as I find them.
I have to drag JP to this thread more offen...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.