Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Speed Passion Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion Thread

Please share any info or setups...
If anyone needs help or info please ask away...

Website
http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/index.asp

Offroad setups can be found here as well as the latest setup templates.
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp

Last edited by kwiksi; 12-03-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im glad too see an Off Road thread for Speed Passion electronics. I would like too see what everyone else is running and their setups. Im running a GT Pro Stock V2.1 ESC and a Epic DUO 3 17.5 in my SC10. 101212 stock software.
1-1
2-1
3-5
4-7
5-4
6-1
7-2
8-1
9-8
10-1
12-9
13-3
14-5
15-4
23/87 gearing, 5 degrees on motor runs 150F after 5 min. Thanks too David Perez for setup help, Tom
Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)

I have been running 2wd Mod and 4wd mod for some time now. I also am getting my feet wet for the SCT. If you guys need help with the setups, I am here to help.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thanx Tom
Here is my setup sheet for indoor clay track using 101212STK and 17.5 V3 in a SC truck. Truck was FAST...missed TQ by less than a sec., but that was more my fault. Set fastest lap in main.
Link to track with nice pics/videos to get an idea of size/layout.
http://crcrc.blogspot.com/

Last edited by kwiksi; 04-27-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SC Master combo

I posted this in a Speed Passion thread, but just realized it was on-road electric. Trying again here:

I just got the SC Master combo with 11.5T motor. The manual shows 4 settings for Running Mode, but when I connect the program box, only 3 are available.

1. Forward/brake no reverse works fine

2. Forward w/Reverse "double tap" method does not work. Motor jumps from forward to reverse with no delay at all, seems like a good way to tear up the gearbox.

3. Forward/Reverse with brake. This one works well for forward and brake, but there is a few second delay to get into reverse or from reverse to forward.

I'd like to have reverse, but #2 is too quick and #3 is too clunky. Any ideas?

I have an Airtronics MX-Sport and did have to use REV on the throttle channel to make it work at all.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im running the GT V2.1 Pro Stock esc in my SC10. I noticed the first race day with this esc that my truck would come to a stop when applying the brakes more than 2 times. I changed my setup to forward and brake only and this never happened again. Reverse is only good during practice anyways.
Tom
Old 04-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

did you make sure your radio EPA high and low is at 100% and no more??

might be part of your problems

let us know what radio your using too
Old 04-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by clintscreations View Post
did you make sure your radio EPA high and low is at 100% and no more??

might be part of your problems

let us know what radio your using too
Airtronics MX-Sport, EPA is 100% for both, no Expo or ABS. Only thing is I had to use REV. Manual says only for Futaba, but that's only way I could get it to work.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrbirchum View Post
I posted this in a Speed Passion thread, but just realized it was on-road electric. Trying again here:

I just got the SC Master combo with 11.5T motor. The manual shows 4 settings for Running Mode, but when I connect the program box, only 3 are available.

1. Forward/brake no reverse works fine

2. Forward w/Reverse "double tap" method does not work. Motor jumps from forward to reverse with no delay at all, seems like a good way to tear up the gearbox.

3. Forward/Reverse with brake. This one works well for forward and brake, but there is a few second delay to get into reverse or from reverse to forward.

I'd like to have reverse, but #2 is too quick and #3 is too clunky. Any ideas?

I have an Airtronics MX-Sport and did have to use REV on the throttle channel to make it work at all.
You racing or bashing? Do you have a type of program box that came with speedo to visually confirm that there are 4 modes?

You could pick up this up also.
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...PESCPB02&c=OPT
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrbirchum View Post
Airtronics MX-Sport, EPA is 100% for both, no Expo or ABS. Only thing is I had to use REV. Manual says only for Futaba, but that's only way I could get it to work.
thats weird......ill try and check my buddies mx and see how i set it up

sensor wire good?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
You racing or bashing? Do you have a type of program box that came with speedo to visually confirm that there are 4 modes?

You could pick up this up also.
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...PESCPB02&c=OPT
I race, and I have that exact same program box. There are 4 running modes shown on the box, but only 3 show up when I connect to the ESC. Anyhow, I played with the ABS and some other settings and got it where it will work for me. Still don't know why setting 2 goes from full forward to full reverse, but I'll just avoid that one.

Now that I've got it dialed in a bit I really like this combo. Torquey as hell, and lots of options that are a snap to adjust.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by clintscreations View Post
thats weird......ill try and check my buddies mx and see how i set it up

sensor wire good?
I think the sensor wire is good. After some messing around, I found that it will jump from reverse to forward once it has come to a complete stop. Still haven't got the exact timing down from brake to reverse. Also trying how to figure out if I can put some brake on in reverse to stop and get going again, but maybe that's just how it works.

I know, I know, you shouldn't need reverse, but I'm a novice, comes in handy sometimes.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Glad I found this. I put a GT 2.0 LPF in my B4 a couple weeks ago. Running 422 Stock software right now with a Nemesis 17.5. Haven't had a chance to hit the track with it yet, but after about 8 minutes of hard running in the street motor temps were right at 150, performance was awesome. Wondering if anyone has experience switching from 422 Stock to 528 Stock, and if there are significant improvements running the 528 software? Particularly in motor temp, ambient temps here will be mid-90's or higher in another month. I've already heard about the Nemesis losing power when it gets warm, so the cooler I can keep it the better. Will probably pick up a D3 17.5 or 13.5 when I can find one, but Nemesis is what I have for now, so really don't need any of the non-helpful Nemesis bashing BS I got in the on-road thread. It's actually an Open class so we're not limited on motor, but the track is tight and slick. I think Joor is running a 13.5 without full boost, that should tell you something LOL.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've got the GT 2.0 LPF in my mod buggy and the PRO in my mod stadium truck and mod 4wd buggy. All have a v3.0 7.5 motor as well. All have run great for months now...if anyone has any questions on these kinds of setups I will do my best to help out.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Good too see some traffic on this thread. I recently installed a GT 2.0 lpf esc in my xxx cr buggy and ran for the first time last night. 35/78 gear 17.5 Ballistic motor. 101212 stock software and used the same settings as my SC. After 5 min. runs the motor and esc were barely warm and I had more than enough power.
Tom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.