Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Viper RC -

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

As mentioned previously - please send it in to us, we would be glad to test it, especially something as interesting as this. We work to evaluate the unit in a bench test to see if we can duplicate the issue you are having. If we can not do it on the bench we will mount in a car and run it again to try and verify the same symptoms you were having to find to the issue. Follow the steps listed for RMA at www.viper-rc.com/contact.php
Old 05-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

jsrracing- nice to talk with you, of course let me know if you want us to check the motor sensor.

nikos2002
you got it today in the mail .
Old 05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

I am good to go.

I was messing with the ESC and the program box. I was not able to get it to go into program mode. I was trying this and that. I also tried the PC link. I was getting frustrated and was about ready to take a 5 pound sledge to it. I took a break and I think it felt the disturbance in the force. I hooked up the PC link again, plugged in the battery, hit the button, and it finally connected. I updated to a64 firmware. Seems to be working again. It now turns off when you hold the button down for 5 seconds. Ahh, life is good.

Not sure what happened to cause this to happen in the first place. Strange how it would not turn off and I lost forward? Electronics are suppose to drive us crazy. They are designed by hate filled people who want to cause as much frustration and anger in the world as they can.

I will try it out again on Sunday. Should be a good day.

Buzz.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

question on your warranty policies as it seems everyone is different.

Been toying with setting up a relative with a gift RC vehicle. Anyway, if I buy the product new to give to someone as a gift, is there somthing I have to do to "transfer" the warranty or something like that? I know with Dynamite when a buddy had me hunt down some stuff for him, his charger didn't work, they just wanted proof it was bought new and I had the original receipt, but it was his not mine as I did the hunting and buy for him as he doesn't know stuff about RC and I look for deals on new stuff.

Anyway just wanting to confirm prior to doing anything. Your warranties are one of the reasons I made the switch.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
You could be having bad luck, but IMO its probably user error. when someone continually has issues, most of the time it is the user. I suppose you could have a bad motor that is frying your esc's or maybe you are just very unlucky. I fired one brushless esc since they came out and that one died when the motor died and killed the esc along with it.
My both esc's don't turn on anymore, what would it be? Replaced the connectors already... Never did something special with it, had it for such a short time that i still used my manual for everytime I turned him on.... lol
Old 05-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

If its less than a year old and you have the receipt, send it in. That is what I would do. Anyone that has ever worked in customer support know one thing for your, you rarely get the entire story from customers, lol. So when people say "I didnt do anything wrong and it died for no reason", I always have my doubts. But that is because I have seen 100s of people lie, exaggerate or minimize the information. If you have exausted your troubleshooting, send it in. That is what a warranty is for. The warranty is priced into the product. So you paid for the warranty, use it
Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Will used it, and I'm swear I'm not lieying. I only wonder why they both can't turn on anymore, and why my very old from HK, also !!! But that is a whole other esc... Very wierd situation, you don't have any idea what It could be? Maybe bad solder post or something? They are al locked, so I think it won't be that.... Would likely fix it instead of sending it in you know, if it can be fixed...
Old 05-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

you try different batteries?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Drerc
Will used it, and I'm swear I'm not lieying. I only wonder why they both can't turn on anymore, and why my very old from HK, also !!! But that is a whole other esc... Very wierd situation, you don't have any idea what It could be? Maybe bad solder post or something? They are al locked, so I think it won't be that.... Would likely fix it instead of sending it in you know, if it can be fixed...
If both of your escs wont turn on then one or both things are true.

- they are both dead
- they are fine and something else is wrong

But the question is in either case...why? A bad sensor wire fry them, bad motor?

Things I would try to get power.

- reflow the connectors. Did you mess with the factory wires/solder job?
- disconnect the motor and sensor wire from the esc. make sure to put tape on the exposed motor leads
- try a different radio/receiver
- make sure my pack is not bad. I had some venom packs die and report zero voltage.
- smell the esc and motor for anything burnt smelling.

If you do all of this and the esc wont power up. send it in. and when the replacement comes in, I would be careful, because your motor/sensor wire or something else may be killing the esc's
Old 05-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

All done already, and doesn't do anything, have 5 packs, al tried, nothing. My fierst viper that broke, could turn on, until I tested him today, today not anymore, I thought the viper just shuts down when the sensor cable is not connected or broken? This could maybe have caused the first to brake because of an old SP motor, but, why no power anymore? That the motor doesn't turn anymore, or 1 pole that is broken, OK. But i can't get him on anymore? This is to exspensive without sponsorship
Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Prophet

All done already, and doesn't do anything, have 5 packs, al tried, nothing. My fierst viper that broke, could turn on, until I tested him today, today not anymore, I thought the viper just shuts down when the sensor cable is not connected or broken? This could maybe have caused the first to brake because of an old SP motor, but, why no power anymore? That the motor doesn't turn anymore, or 1 pole that is broken, OK. But i can't get him on anymore? This is to exspensive without sponsorship
I dont think it shuts down with no sensor wire plugged in. I have flashed mine before with no motor or sensor wire plugged in. If no sensor wire is plugged in, it wont power the motor though.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

So when the sensor cable is broken, he will stop the motor, so the esc will not ruin itself? Is that right? Is it possible that a bad sensor board in the motor will brake it? It's very wierd, I'm really thinking it's because a fault of me it broke because they exactly do the same right now: NOTHING ! But I can't find something I did that could cause this or that was not in manual
Old 05-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Prophet

So when the sensor cable is broken, he will stop the motor, so the esc will not ruin itself? Is that right? Is it possible that a bad sensor board in the motor will brake it? It's very wierd, I'm really thinking it's because a fault of me it broke because they exactly do the same right now: NOTHING ! But I can't find something I did that could cause this or that was not in manual
yeah, a bad sensor board in the motor "can" blow an esc. I had this happen once to a hobby wing esc. If the sensor wire partially breaks, crazy stuff can happen. It might stop or just act really bad. I have had both happen. Again, I would send the warrantable esc into viper. At least have them take a look. If they say nothing is wrong with the esc, you know something on your end is bad. If you lived locally, I would take a look at it for you and see if I could get it to work.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

I live in Belgium, a bit to far. He don't acted wierd, so I don't think it's something with the sensor.

Much much thanks for your help, I still love Viper R/C The support is awesome, and the products also. May will buy one in the future. But, now, I really not try it again Will send him back to Viper R/C
Old 05-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Is it possible to break an esc because of an hard impact?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.