Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomislav
wires are 14awg on 60a esc, and diferent capacitator board, can i see some improvement if i instal 12awg wire and capacitor from 120a version or super capacitors like TOP or speed passion?
Can you help me out on this?
Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tomislav
Can you help me out on this?
Thanks
I donīt think cables will make a big difference, maybe on low turn motors. Capacitor makes some difference.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default HELP!!!

I need help!

I have a HW Xerun 60a/13.5 combo and at super low throttle,my motor is nice and smooth. At about 1/4th throttle, the RPM's jump around like the motor is revving up and down, and past 1/4 throttle, the motor is nice and smooth again. Why is it doing this? I have loaded three different firmwares and it still does the same thing. I used the old 110stock non-supercharge firmware, 422stock,and 518stock and the same thing. Do I have a bad sensor wire? Please help! Thank you...
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mlight13
I need help!

I have a HW Xerun 60a/13.5 combo and at super low throttle,my motor is nice and smooth. At about 1/4th throttle, the RPM's jump around like the motor is revving up and down, and past 1/4 throttle, the motor is nice and smooth again. Why is it doing this? I have loaded three different firmwares and it still does the same thing. I used the old 110stock non-supercharge firmware, 422stock,and 518stock and the same thing. Do I have a bad sensor wire? Please help! Thank you...
Hi
I’ve noticed a similar thing back when we were using the older sw but would have to recheck my car to see if it is still there.
I figure it happens at the point where the ESC switches from sensored to sensorless internally.
Even though it is quite pronounced when bench testing(the wheels off the ground) I don’t think it happens with the car running on the track as the ESC will switch only when certain parameters are met(load, amp draw, speed, throttle input and the likes). So I don’t think it is a problem as I can't recreate the the symptoms while the cars is rolling on the ground.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Joe
Old 08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TBOTubed
Hi
I’ve noticed a similar thing back when we were using the older sw but would have to recheck my car to see if it is still there.
I figure it happens at the point where the ESC switches from sensored to sensorless internally.
Even though it is quite pronounced when bench testing(the wheels off the ground) I don’t think it happens with the car running on the track as the ESC will switch only when certain parameters are met(load, amp draw, speed, throttle input and the likes). So I don’t think it is a problem as I can't recreate the the symptoms while the cars is rolling on the ground.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Joe
Update...

I took off the sensor cable to run in sensorless only and the motor runs nice and smooth. I bought a new sensor cable and the problem is still there. Maybe you are right about bench testing switching from sensored to sensorless. It just bothered me because this just started today...it has never done it before even with bench testing. I ran the car outside but could not replicate the motor stuttering at 1/4 throttle since I did not want to run after the car and listen. Oh well, at least I have a new sensor wire. Maybe a bad sensor board in the motor? Just throwing out ideas but if anyone knows where I can get a new sensor board for a HW XeRun 13.5 motor let me know...any other suggestions?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mlight13
I need help!

Dear mark

what radio are you using ??

also please give me your email address .

regards Angelo
Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Dear mark

what radio are you using ??

also please give me your email address .

regards Angelo
PM sent
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm just about to get an Xerun 60A speedo, and want to update the firmware to the latest spec.
Whereabouts is the download on the Hobbywing site (damned if I can see it!!).
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.hobbywing.com/ENGLISH/Art...?ArticleID=446
Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greyfox
I'm just about to get an Xerun 60A speedo, and want to update the firmware to the latest spec.
Whereabouts is the download on the Hobbywing site (damned if I can see it!!).
Grey fox

please send me an email to [email protected] and i will send you out the software .

ANgelo
Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Good News

American Exclusive distributor coming soon .
Old 08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Rod M;7742721]how much play are you talking about, there is less than 0.5mm of movement on both of the motors,

I reshim my new motors to make sure the rotor to sensor gap is good.
I strip motor, then place loose rotor into the sensor side assembly.
With all shims removed and the rotor touching the sensors i add a shim at a time till i have 2 shims clearance.
Then assemble motor and shim out end play/float so it just has about a touch of play +- .3mm

Havent had sensor issues ever.

Another thing to check is the sensor leads for freyed wires that might be touching on the back of the plugs.
Only hassle i have had to date has been a sensor lead supplied witha SP 13.5 that had 2 wires on one of the plugs swapped around. this made the motor heat up extremely quick and the motor would only run if i turned the shaft initially as i throttled.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Rookie

I have ordered a 60a version from rc mart, cant wait to try it with a turbo. I have run a fusion exceed esc (only cheap) with my 13.5t. Is there a huge differece when the turbo kicks in? I have never used a turbo esc before! If it can keep up with tekins and Speed P's for Ģ60 I thought I may as well get one as there is a lot of positve reviews on these.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone interested?
Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Grey fox

please send me an email to [email protected] and i will send you out the software .

ANgelo
Angelo you're talking about the same software on the Hobbywing site (1.62_100720) or another one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.