Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by desert truck 1
Hey, is there any dfference between hobbywings stock software and speedpassions 528stock software?
528 is for mod but no difference with HW and SP
Old 07-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Would really like to see something like 518 stock that has the no timing mode built in. Other companies are making their firmware so you don't have to reflash the ESC to switch between modes. It's becoming common to see both classes offered at the same event.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

I bought a couple of things from Team Cobra Racing and i transferred money yesterday and it got send same day Nice and fast
Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
cherry is the financial crisiss that bad in the UK? sorry mate i dont watch news .soon we will go back dealing with shells as currency .lol but yes the Aussie is doing well in the currency markets basically bailing out the world .
Oh yes it is hurting like hell over here. Shells....hmmm, now that wouldn't be too fair as the Aussies have all the best (highest value) shells, we just get cockles, winkles and snails. Ho hum seems a fair reflection of our current economic state

Cannon, will be sourcing one from you after the 23rd of this month, so hold one back for me, need to beat it up a bit and see when it screams for mercy.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Would really like to see something like 518 stock that has the no timing mode built in. Other companies are making their firmware so you don't have to reflash the ESC to switch between modes. It's becoming common to see both classes offered at the same event.
we are working on something similar at the moment ill let you know more info soon.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 120a vs extreme stock

Is there a difference in performance for stock classes with the stock speedie over the 120a or is the difference only weight and size.

Got a 120amp and very happy with it but need another speedie and wondering if there is a performance gain. Also will the future updates still include all esc 120av2 60av2 and extreme stock.

Cheers
Old 07-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by warnos
Is there a difference in performance for stock classes with the stock speedie over the 120a or is the difference only weight and size.

Got a 120amp and very happy with it but need another speedie and wondering if there is a performance gain. Also will the future updates still include all esc 120av2 60av2 and extreme stock.

Cheers
Weight and size is the only difference between the 120 amp and the xtreme stock .They both can use the dynamic timing and turbo boost but the only advantage of the xtreme stock is that the timing can be turned off where the 120 you need to change to 508 software with no timing.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

a quick post for one of our club racers.............. his blue spirit 120a v.2 wasnt working right with a sp13.5 i had a look and he had mod software on it. when connected to the pc it wouldnt let me put stock software onto it, message saying cannot upgrade? any ideas or reasons why you cant switch between mod/stock. also the performance was the same with or without the sensor lead ( tried 3 leads no difference) but he had a flashing green light. i know that red and green means sensor lead but there is nothing in the manual that we could find about green flashing on its own?
does it look like its got to go back to hw? or would the ebay seller do something? any idea on transit or turn around times.
as usual help comments or abuse welcome.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=xrayal;7681489]a quick post for one of our club racers.............. his blue spirit 120a v.2 wasnt working right with a sp13.5 i had a look and he had mod software on it. when connected to the pc it wouldnt let me put stock software onto it, message saying cannot upgrade? any ideas or reasons why you cant switch between mod/stock. also the performance was the same with or without the sensor lead ( tried 3 leads no difference) but he had a flashing green light. i know that red and green means sensor lead but there is nothing in the manual that we could find about green flashing on its own?
does it look like its got to go back to hw? or would the ebay seller do something? any idea on transit or turn around times.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by xrayal
a quick post for one of our club racers.............. his blue spirit 120a v.2 wasnt working right with a sp13.5 i had a look and he had mod software on it. when connected to the pc it wouldnt let me put stock software onto it, message saying cannot upgrade? any ideas or reasons why you cant switch between mod/stock. also the performance was the same with or without the sensor lead ( tried 3 leads no difference) but he had a flashing green light. i know that red and green means sensor lead but there is nothing in the manual that we could find about green flashing on its own?
Hi it's Jamie,

I have set the software back on to STOCK mode and now i only have the green light at full throttle. But now i have only full throttle with a Ansmann Racing W3.1 - 2.4Ghz F.H.S.S. Im running a 82T Spur and a 18T pinion and it's no faster than before.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

how did you get it back onto stock? maybe the software on the pc at race control needs upgrading? when you say stock wot number ie 518? and what are your speedo settings?
1-1
2-1
3-4 etc
bench running wont give you an indication of how fast/slow it is. at hrcc 84/17 seems to be good.
you need to be aiming for an fdr of around 8.3/8.7
what pulleys have you got 34 or 38 and on the layshaft have you 16 or 20
you should have an internal ratio of either 1.7 or 1.9 that way you know what your fdr is for sure.
i know the motors good, the speedos brand new, what about your lipos? how old are they? are they 5000mah/3800? 30c? ill try your car with my lipo next friday.
i was fiddling all night to get the novak singing, first final awesome!! 2nd final rubbish...... should have left it alone lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
it takes time to find the sweet spot, there is no instant super speed. like me and your dad said "DO SOME READING UP ON YOUR EQUIPMENT!" especially the hw pdf on setting up the speedo. you know what your fdr should be so your half way there. you think it took me nearly 6 meetings to get that info alone! but your lipo/gearing/motor/speedo is different to mine so READ UP and start at the beginning. come see me friday and we try out some bits and bobs.

in case your reading this c2b you have what might be an interesting pm!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default non advance timing setup.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
syndr0me , there is no (no timing) your motor will not run without timing,
but if you meant is non advance timing,
sure it can do that! with sp

simply set yout amts to 0deg for 518mod
or
set your amts to 0deg and supercharge turned off, for 518Stock.

and the only last timing is on your motor (physical fixed timing),
so no need to reflash for non advance timing software.

cheers
Old 07-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default X12 running hot

Hi guys I have a question if anyone can help? I have the Hobbywing XeRun 120A V2.1 and am running the 518fw and the motor is getting very hot it is way more hotter than the same settings I run with my duo 2 and X11 (oopps all motors are 17.5T) even when I was just testing the motor when I first got it (bench testing) it was warm with just a few seconds of on power, I was running it in a TRF416WE but removed it after 2 runs and went back to my other 2 motors for fear of frying it. I have now installed it to my T3 done another bench test and it is still the same. I run on a carpet indoor track (ozite I think the material is) considered a low to medium grip, indoors on rubber tyres, does anyone have any sugestions as to my options or are these higher tempertures normal for this motor? shall I turn the settings down/turbo and timing off?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zookey
Hi guys I have a question if anyone can help? I have the Hobbywing XeRun 120A V2.1 and am running the 518fw and the motor is getting very hot it is way more hotter than the same settings I run with my duo 2 and X11 (oopps all motors are 17.5T) even when I was just testing the motor when I first got it (bench testing) it was warm with just a few seconds of on power, I was running it in a TRF416WE but removed it after 2 runs and went back to my other 2 motors for fear of frying it. I have now installed it to my T3 done another bench test and it is still the same. I run on a carpet indoor track (ozite I think the material is) considered a low to medium grip, indoors on rubber tyres, does anyone have any sugestions as to my options or are these higher tempertures normal for this motor? shall I turn the settings down/turbo and timing off?
If you go to the x12 thread, you'll find that these motors run hotter than usual and can deal with these high temps.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
If you go to the x12 thread, you'll find that these motors run hotter than usual and can deal with these high temps.
I noticed that when I was there, also saw that while running the SPX version of speedie they were saying not to use advance timing so just wanted to ask here in case some of the guys using this speedie had found the sweet spot or had recomendations at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.