Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:47 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Does the XERUN 120a 1S come with a sensor cable?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Most if not all ESC these days dont come with a sensor cable. Motors on the other hand do.

Loving this speedy. So fast...
Old 10-14-2010, 04:01 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Most if not all ESC these days dont come with a sensor cable. Motors on the other hand do.

Loving this speedy. So fast...
thank, but my motor (LRP X12) didn't....
Old 10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

There a problem to my esc.. Using 528MOD and 518Stock with tekin redline 4.5T and orca 2s 5500mah 50C batt. All setting set to lower, when started the car was booom fast but after a second the car becoming too slow. Already change sensored cable but it still happens. Already double flash the SW on esc and 2 in 1 program box. Calibrate the remote. Either work, its still happens.
Someone,Please help me figure it out please.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by begrie
There a problem to my esc.. Using 528MOD and 518Stock with tekin redline 4.5T and orca 2s 5500mah 50C batt. All setting set to lower, when started the car was booom fast but after a second the car becoming too slow. Already change sensored cable but it still happens. Already double flash the SW on esc and 2 in 1 program box. Calibrate the remote. Either work, its still happens.
518Stock with 4.5T is not such a good idea even with all settings to lower.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

what do you expect if you want to run a 4.5 with that version !!! its going to overheat big time. Use MOD software for MOD motors !!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
No, mine did not.

None of my other Hobbywings have either. I purchased them from a variety of places...
Old 10-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Dont mix and match 518 is for motors 10.5t and up and the 528mod is for lower turn motors .The 528mod has lower boost settings in its algorithm to compensate for the lower turn motors as they are fast already .4.5T motor does not need boost full stop .

What your doing is trying to place a huge boost which the 518 has on a 5000hp motor example was like a full scale car it cannot be done without creating huge amounts of heat and damage.

second of all the tekin motors have huge kv rating for there winds .

Follow instructions and you will not have problems but trying to create something that you might not be experienced in will cause you major problems.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone have some recommended settings for a Tekin 21.5?
I have been running zero motor timing with max boost, but the car is a bit slow compared to those I race against.
FDR is 5.14, temps are around 70c.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Initiate

question:
if the delay #14 set to 0.sec, and set start rpm #13: 9(high)
what will happen when i punch full throtle from stop (low motor rpm),
is the speedo will apply boost timing+turbo directly or not before start+end rpm sequence done then the turbo kick in..
Old 10-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Much too much timing the redlines have an awful lot of factory Mechanical timing already on them from scratch, roll the ESC back to 205G or the 323 software and play with the gearing, to find out if any damage is caused to the motor yet. Use 528MOD and begin with minimum settings and work your way up keeping the motor temperature below 160F.

I would also maybe look at the batteries being used as if you are attempting to draw HUGE power from them they may not actually be up to it, just a thought. Flamers feel free lol
Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with the battery issue aswell because alot of battery brands out are not really the ratings that they say well anyway thats there problem.

To answer some of the fixed timing motors .As alot of factories say that there motors are set at zero timing which is completely untrue .fixed timing motors are set between 22 degree and 30 degree depending on motor brand .Hobbywings are set at 24 degree.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

I dont know much about the tekin motors but i know from my background in electronics and electrical that the tekins might be wired in a delta configuration giving them more top rpm with the same turns as any other motor .They may also be using different type of wire as well .

some info so you understand is below.

The delta configuration connects the three windings to each other (series circuits) in a triangle-like circuit, and power is applied at each of the connections. The wye ("Y"-shaped) configuration, sometimes called a star winding, connects all of the windings to a central point (parallel circuits) and power is applied to the remaining end of each winding.

A motor with windings in delta configuration gives low torque at low rpm, but can give higher top rpm (example tekin motors). Wye configuration gives high torque at low rpm, but not as high top rpm.

Last edited by COBRARACING; 10-15-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I dont know much about the tekin motors but i know from my background in electronics and electrical that the tekins might be wired in a delta configuration giving them more top rpm with the same turns as any other motor .They may also be using different type of wire as well .

some info so you understand is below.

The delta configuration connects the three windings to each other (series circuits) in a triangle-like circuit, and power is applied at each of the connections. The wye ("Y"-shaped) configuration, sometimes called a star winding, connects all of the windings to a central point (parallel circuits) and power is applied to the remaining end of each winding.

A motor with windings in delta configuration gives low torque at low rpm, but can give higher top rpm (example tekin motors). Wye configuration gives high torque at low rpm, but not as high top rpm.
cobra is the esc rpm log firmware released yet?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo
cobra is the esc rpm log firmware released yet?
no not yet as we have been busy with the new distributor in the usa which has a been a long process and also new oem projects at the factory which has taken michael away for a while .soon we will have it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.