Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does the 528_Mod work with DRRS set at low values (i.e. <5)?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by defcone
Does the 528_Mod work with DRRS set at low values (i.e. <5)?
this bug have been fixed since 100518 firmware
haven't try on 100528 but it's newer, so i guess yes.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warnos
I am a bit confused with the settings that people use in 17.5 on here and the SP thread. When ever I use a FDR in the 6's or 7's the car seems slower then when I use a FDR at 5.. I feel the car has more punch at 5 when using the same settings and more top end.. is it just me or have other people found this.

This has been at multiple tracks.. extremily long nitro tracks and small technical tracks.

Settings are :

12 -8

13 - 1 or 2 depends on the length of the straight for me

14 - 4

15 -2 have tried 1 at all fdr's and 2 seems better

I have tried these settings with 5 - 5.5 - 6.5- 7.8 and in between.. I just don't find the car faster when I go above 5.. anyone else found this?

Cheers
I run an LRP x11 17.5 with my 120a and the hottest it has been is 136f. The motor has always been a cold one no matter what speedie its been soldered to. The FDR i have been using is about 6.4, so i might drop down and see what happens
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

when do you think the extreme stock will be available
Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr.preay
I tried it before with drrs at 3 or 4 and couldn't notice a difference between 250g even turning down delays.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Corally_27
when do you think the extreme stock will be available
This week do you have access in malta to hobbywing as if your thinking about hong kong you will be waiting for a long time as all new products are exclusive to a foreign company which wont allow supply to hong kong .
Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr.preay
There was no bug according to michael from hobbywing and the 528 was designed for mod .
Old 07-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
There was no bug according to michael from hobbywing and the 528 was designed for mod .
Yes now is no bug but there was a bug in 100422:

when you set DDRS punch (number 4) value below 5 the boost will not come

Last edited by mr.preay; 07-07-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by blade072
thanks for that DEFCONE!!! and mr. preay have asked greg from feral to let me know eta on the xtreme...I WANT BLACK LOL
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-c-esc-xtreme-stock-v1_2.jpg  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade072
hello quick question...maybe angelo or anyone could answer
i run 10.5...should i just get a v2.1 60amp or wait for the new xtreme stock??? is getting the v2.1 120amp worth the extra $$$

thanks...
David
I have been using a preproduction Extreme Stock for the last 6 weeks or so with great success in 10.5t.
If you have no intention of running low turn mod, wait a week or so for the Extremes to become widely available, it is smaller, and more importantly lighter and will help you to balance your car left to right.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Thanks for all the input guys. Yeah xtreme for sure. Greg did say thats what he has ordered when I asked about the v2.1. He said they have arrived in the country but waiting on the order. So hopefully very soon.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

This week do you have access in malta to hobbywing as if your thinking about hong kong you will be waiting for a long time as all new products are exclusive to a foreign company which wont allow supply to hong kong .
That could work as a double edged sword. It will all depend on the pricing, meeting supply, and CS. So basically, HW is putting a sanction on HK?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

COBRARACING

Any new SW / FW will come out soon ?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry

Rant mode ON.......

Hmmm, thought this had all passed well looks like we need to be looking elsewhere for our fix of cheap ESC's if this is the case. Hong Kong has allowed us all to buy, own and enjoy Hobbywing products. Exclusive agreements usually entail higher prices as we have seen with the SpeedPassion / King Golden connection. I understood that Hobbywing were spreading their 'wings' a little now that they had a supply agreement with the Canadians etc. I for one will not be held to ransom by a 'middle man' type of distribution company, the beauty of the XERUN series so far has been in the competitive nature of the pricing of these products.

Originally Posted by redbones
That could work as a double edged sword. It will all depend on the pricing, meeting supply, and CS. So basically, HW is putting a sanction on HK?
My understanding was that Hobbywing were a manufacturing company along the lines of the usual Chinese practice basically building the equipment and selling as many units as possible to make a profit, by cutting out the Hong Kong connection and signing into the usual rapacious RC industry model of exclusive agreements with 'distributors' they will in the end sell fewer units as, unless the distributor has massive clout and advertising they will not sell sufficient units to allow the Chinese model of business to work correctly.
To say that we in the community would feel let down by such an arrangement would be an understatement. Lots of work has gone into (unpaid) by various community members to further the spread of Hobbywing products and by entering into a 'price fixing' arrangement is a little like biting the hand that feeds you. Pushing the HW prices up will only make the TEKINS and SPEEDPASSION ESC's more desirable as the local back up for these products country to country is something HW will never, in my opinion, emulate. Currently it is almost cheaper to buy a replacement ESC than it is to Ship the product back to China, pay for repair and then have it shipped back by DHL. Our last repair cost a whopping £42 for the two way shipping, new ESC was £47.

Do we get to find out who 'The exclusive partner' is, will there be product available at reasonable prices to all parts of the world? Will they end up like the Muchmore FLETA or the VENOM version selling few units with minimal backup/support. Look what happened to both of those.

I believe this is bad for the customer, ergo bad for Hobbywing.

Rant over .....
Old 07-07-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Rant mode ON.......

Hmmm, thought this had all passed well looks like we need to be looking elsewhere for our fix of cheap ESC's if this is the case. Hong Kong has allowed us all to buy, own and enjoy Hobbywing products. Exclusive agreements usually entail higher prices as we have seen with the SpeedPassion / King Golden connection. I understood that Hobbywing were spreading their 'wings' a little now that they had a supply agreement with the Canadians etc. I for one will not be held to ransom by a 'middle man' type of distribution company, the beauty of the XERUN series so far has been in the competitive nature of the pricing of these products.

My understanding was that Hobbywing were a manufacturing company along the lines of the usual Chinese practice basically building the equipment and selling as many units as possible to make a profit, by cutting out the Hong Kong connection and signing into the usual rapacious RC industry model of exclusive agreements with 'distributors' they will in the end sell fewer units as, unless the distributor has massive clout and advertising they will not sell sufficient units to allow the Chinese model of business to work correctly.
To say that we in the community would feel let down by such an arrangement would be an understatement. Lots of work has gone into (unpaid) by various community members to further the spread of Hobbywing products and by entering into a 'price fixing' arrangement is a little like biting the hand that feeds you. Pushing the HW prices up will only make the TEKINS and SPEEDPASSION ESC's more desirable as the local back up for these products country to country is something HW will never, in my opinion, emulate. Currently it is almost cheaper to buy a replacement ESC than it is to Ship the product back to China, pay for repair and then have it shipped back by DHL. Our last repair cost a whopping £42 for the two way shipping, new ESC was £47.

Do we get to find out who 'The exclusive partner' is, will there be product available at reasonable prices to all parts of the world? Will they end up like the Muchmore FLETA or the VENOM version selling few units with minimal backup/support. Look what happened to both of those.

I believe this is bad for the customer, ergo bad for Hobbywing.

Rant over .....
Cherry i understand what your saying but i assure you pricing will not rise so dont worry .Hobbywing will always be competative i will make sure of that as i know the dollar these days is very important and the support will be even better than before .
One thing you dont know about me im the type of person who gets things done one way or the other and to me the customer is the most important .Im not important either is hobbywing it is you who is the most important here and we need to look after you and others .You have to understand it is time for Hobbywing to be taken serious in the USA and we need to be able to take some of that market even if it is a small percentage and sometimes sacrifices have to happen to get this done .

If you see that your not being looked after in the uk with product and your not satisfied with the support please contact me immediatly and i will look after you.

so please dont take things out of context things are only going to get better .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.