Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dear Hobbywing,

I got a problem here...which is actually my problem. I bought the 120A esc and during the installation, I accidentally short circuit the esc fan. The fan still be able to operate just no current come from the plug at the esc. I had wired the esc's fan together with the motor fan.

The esc is still functional with every out of the box setting until I upgraded to the latest surcharged firmware.....the car went uncontrollable after some distance which has cost me a new body shell, this is still consider lucky to me...lol!

At the beginning I thought it's my used m8 failed or damaged coincidently and I bought a new cheap flysky remote to replace it temporary,out of cash..lol. During the calibration process....the last step where we need to hold the transmitter top point of backward direction, press the red button and the green light should flash and beep 3 times. In my case, the green light didn't flash when I hold the backward direction. It only flashes after I release the backward throttle, flashes 3 times.
Beside of the calibration problem, I still took the car to the track to test it and it still loose control after a distance. Luckily I drove it at the straight line at low speed, the car is save.

My question is simple, did I spoil my esc? I apologize to those feel funny or annoying if it's a repeated topic. I'm just a new bee.

Regards,
Jack_lee
Old 03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

hallo cobraracing. 1 cuestion
You can use the card 2 in 1 for the new v3.
or need a new card
Old 03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oscargonzalez
or need a new card
Im not Cobra, but you should not need a new program card for the new esc.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

or need a new card
They stated a couple of pages back that you would be able to update the 2in1 card to work with the new v3. But it would no longer be able to program the older v2.1 stuff. You could use it as a USB link however.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by macdude
Curious as to what you are running when you have failures. Tekin? Gearing? I have been running a MMP with a tekin T8 2050kv motor on 4S for a couple of seasons. Zero problems. Well I have replaced a couple of fans, but other than that it has been rock solid. If you are frying motors and ESC then you are probably geared wrong for the KV of the motor. Are you checking temps? Also, as an FYI large motors do not benefit from advancing the timing, like the smaller motor sizes. Also, I only ever run in smart sense mode. Which starts sensored and switches to sensor less. Never had an issue with power. I can run for about 25 min without melting anything.
They were both Losi brushless systems and I got the tekin have had no problems but I run the buggy sparingly as I am concerned over toasting another system. I am usually geared 2-3 teeth lower than the others at local track.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
Does anyone know how the extreme stock deals with over heating? Does it current limit or something like that or does it just shut down? And what temperature does that come in?
It'll just stop... been there, done that on a the v2.1 a few times... It has to get pretty hot though, over 90°C I think.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Im not Cobra, but you should not need a new program card for the new esc.
+1. A new program box isn't needed, but be aware that if you want to use both the V3 and old ESC's with one box, you'll be up and down grading the 2in1 box software a lot... V3 needs to use new software in the box (as there are a load more options), and that software won't work with the old ESC software.

ed
Old 03-26-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

or need a new card
yes you can use the 2 in 1 programmer on the new v3 only v3 software is blocked to older models like the 2.1 so it will not work .To use the same lcd program box on other models you need to change the software often going from v3 to v2
Old 03-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jack_lee
Dear Hobbywing,

I got a problem here...which is actually my problem. I bought the 120A esc and during the installation, I accidentally short circuit the esc fan. The fan still be able to operate just no current come from the plug at the esc. I had wired the esc's fan together with the motor fan.

The esc is still functional with every out of the box setting until I upgraded to the latest surcharged firmware.....the car went uncontrollable after some distance which has cost me a new body shell, this is still consider lucky to me...lol!

At the beginning I thought it's my used m8 failed or damaged coincidently and I bought a new cheap flysky remote to replace it temporary,out of cash..lol. During the calibration process....the last step where we need to hold the transmitter top point of backward direction, press the red button and the green light should flash and beep 3 times. In my case, the green light didn't flash when I hold the backward direction. It only flashes after I release the backward throttle, flashes 3 times.
Beside of the calibration problem, I still took the car to the track to test it and it still loose control after a distance. Luckily I drove it at the straight line at low speed, the car is save.

My question is simple, did I spoil my esc? I apologize to those feel funny or annoying if it's a repeated topic. I'm just a new bee.

Regards,
Jack_lee
You car to be out of control is an issue with your radio and not the esc .The flysky is a cheap radio they even have issues running nitro cars let alone brushless cars .They dont calibrate properly simple as that .The issue is a radio glitch not the esc .check your connectors on your m8 receiver as for your flysky id throw it in the bin you get what you paid for.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Initiate

hello guys, can you tell me a basic setting for the 930 mod with a 4.5T on a medium large track ( about 60mt straight)

i'm running:
DRAG: 15%
DRRS: 5
TIMING: 7
TURBO SLOPE: 6
TURBO TIMING : 11

FDR: 7.71 0° timing on motor case

I need more speed from middle straight and i'm around 95C° after 5 min.

AIR TEMP: 23 C°

BATTERY ARE VAMPIRE 6800 70C , MOTOR VAMPIRE 4.5T SO MY HARDWARE IS OK!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Well Hobbypartz online chat has no clue at all about a V3 Esc... Last estimates were 25th to 28th for release. I was hoping that they would have an idea at least. I have a race in 13 days and would love to have the updated esc in my car. Cobra, is it still looking like this week for release?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brunelli ale
hello guys, can you tell me a basic setting for the 930 mod with a 4.5T on a medium large track ( about 60mt straight)

i'm running:
DRAG: 15%
DRRS: 5
TIMING: 7
TURBO SLOPE: 6
TURBO TIMING : 11

FDR: 7.71 0° timing on motor case

I need more speed from middle straight and i'm around 95C° after 5 min.

AIR TEMP: 23 C°

BATTERY ARE VAMPIRE 6800 70C , MOTOR VAMPIRE 4.5T SO MY HARDWARE IS OK!
You can try going up in gear to like an 8.5 fdr or higher and add timing on the motor case, this will give more all around power but most of all will add top end around the area you are talking about. Also you could try decreasing the turbo boost and add timing boost and turn the timing slope down a little (slow it) which will make the timing come in more around the mid straight and the higher rpm range. Hope this helps, -Randy
Old 03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=maciver;10519191]Well Hobbypartz online chat has no clue at all about a V3 Esc... Last estimates were 25th to 28th for release. I was hoping that they would have an idea at least. I have a race in 13 days and would love to have the updated esc in my car. Cobra, is it still looking like this week for release?[/QUOTe

Im sure the v3 will only be available through specialized stores that cater for the racer and that can support track side and inhouse support . All the pure New racing products from hobbywing will go that way .

The release is this month not next and there is only 150 units being manufactured at the moment and to be honest i dont think everyone will get one from this batch .
Old 03-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Can you name stores?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

[QUOTE=COBRARACING;10519364]
Originally Posted by maciver
Well Hobbypartz online chat has no clue at all about a V3 Esc... Last estimates were 25th to 28th for release. I was hoping that they would have an idea at least. I have a race in 13 days and would love to have the updated esc in my car. Cobra, is it still looking like this week for release?[/QUOTe

Im sure the v3 will only be available through specialized stores that cater for the racer and that can support track side and inhouse support . All the pure New racing products from hobbywing will go that way .
So are you saying Hobbypartz will not cary this version? My local doesn't carry HW product.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.