Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
No a 4.0 turn motor. i would be amazed to see anybody use a 4.0 gear ratio in mod and be fast without blowing a motor up. I typically use a 6.5 indoors with a little boost, but that motor went up and i had to use my outdoor motor which is my 4t and my speedo got super hot. (1s speedo) i have a 2s in both my indoor and outdoor car now and it never gets hot at all
lol... i gotcha!! hey man i appreciate the heads up on the new model and the other information... Keep me informed if you see them on the market!!! i'll sadly hold on to my lrp and sell it after i get the V3!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
lol... i gotcha!! hey man i appreciate the heads up on the new model and the other information... Keep me informed if you see them on the market!!! i'll sadly hold on to my lrp and sell it after i get the V3!!!
No problem bro, ill keep an eye out, im anxiously waiting myself. I switched from tekin to lrp then back to tekin now to HobbyWing and honestly dont regret selling all of my tekin/ lrp stuff one bit. I have about 6 hobbywing esc's now and only using 2. oh and keep an eye on teamcrc.com they are the new US distributor for HobbyWing products
Old 03-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Between the 25th and the 30th of march 2012 and according to michael there will only be 150 pieces available for the time being .

Im sorry for the such little amount offered because not all the material is ready for Mass production
What about price ?
And when will start mass production ?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When will the Red one be available...?
Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tony G
Please try not to shot me down in flames, but I am new to brushless systems and I would like to understand the software versions installed in my esc better
currently when I open the software choice on the esc I get the following, what are the version's designed to do

V3.0_110930_MOD
V1.10_090205_MOD
V3_508_NO TIMING I guess this is blinky mode
V1_508_zero_rev
V3.0_110930 STOCK
V3.0_110119 STOCK
V1.10_090323a_m

thanks for now guys

Tony
Tony, if you click on the link in post #8237 by mcdoogle (I can't post links yet) then scroll half way down the page, when you click on the MANUAL tab there's three useful pdf documents to read, these will help explain a lot!

Kev
Old 03-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tony G
Please try not to shot me down in flames, but I am new to brushless systems and I would like to understand the software versions installed in my esc better
currently when I open the software choice on the esc I get the following, what are the version's designed to do

V3.0_110930_MOD
V1.10_090205_MOD
V3_508_NO TIMING I guess this is blinky mode
V1_508_zero_rev
V3.0_110930 STOCK
V3.0_110119 STOCK
V1.10_090323a_m

thanks for now guys

Tony

A very big thank you to Angelo for sending me answers to my question's via email

thank you again

Tony
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ManxPlumber
Tony, if you click on the link in post #8237 by mcdoogle (I can't post links yet) then scroll half way down the page, when you click on the MANUAL tab there's three useful pdf documents to read, these will help explain a lot!

Kev

posted before I saw this but thank you Kev

Tony
Old 03-22-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
How does the 5.5t run in comparison to the 3.5t? I gues you use boost to give the 5.5t more punch/speed?
nope we didnt need boost...the 3.5 is insane down the staights but lacks mid corner torque( back to gearing) but the 5.5 was easier to hang on too mid corner
on a flowing tracking mid corner throttle up is our need and the 5.5 was doing it well but this niggling problem is bugging me

The real question i need answering is why it blows 1 terminal of the motors plug in terminals..they can be resoldered but ill test it again..i think its the motor leads returning to the suboard running out to the terminals

We wish to support hobbywing but the lack of answers re this issue is making me consider other motors
see you run 2wd f1...or 1/12
we run mod & f1 generally
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Can it be that the one plug that unsolderd was in fact a little loose and the current could not go through the plug correctly and desolderd the wire? Don't know if that is the case but just wondering.

With me it happend a few times that some of the plugs where the wires are solderd on unpluggs itself during races. One came almost off after a race. It seems the banana plug and the female plug should be tighter so they can't move. This is in a 235mm pancar where there is a lot of movement between the chassis (where the esc is on) and the pod where the motor is.

I will try other wire plugs soon to see if there is a tighter fit otherwise i am going to desolder the plugs from the motor and solder the wires directly to the motor. Problem solved (although the plugs makes it a lot easier to get the motor out!!)
Old 03-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

please send me an email to [email protected]

regards Angelo
Dear Cobraracing.
Do you receive me mail?

Cheers!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cobra,

Are you expecting a v3 version to work in place of the short course pro, or only for the car based esc's? Looking to put a powertrain into an SCTE soon.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default reverse?

Is anyone having trouble getting reverse to work. Drive mode selected with stock version 3, the LCD programer says forward/rev/brake but it does not actually allow the reverse to work.

I am going to try an change the firmware and see if that helps. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I typically don't use reverse at all but lately I have been doing a lot of practicing alone and being able to back up off a corner when stuck comes in handy.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by banquer
Dear Cobraracing.
Do you receive me mail?

Cheers!
Yes i have received your email and one of our drivers is emailing me a setup later today which i will forward on to you later today .

thank you for your support of Hobbywing products and happy racing.

regards Angelo
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by justpoet
Cobra,

Are you expecting a v3 version to work in place of the short course pro, or only for the car based esc's? Looking to put a powertrain into an SCTE soon.
Not at the moment but that is not saying that you cannot use the v3 that will be releasedend of this month in the sct because you can 120 amp and run down to a 3.5 turn and even 4 pole motors .The sct pro is a new product probably about 6 months old and i know michael is working at introducing a turbo function for the software but i cant tell you when it will be available.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Not at the moment but that is not saying that you cannot use the v3 that will be releasedend of this month in the sct because you can 120 amp and run down to a 3.5 turn and even 4 pole motors .The sct pro is a new product probably about 6 months old and i know michael is working at introducing a turbo function for the software but i cant tell you when it will be available.
Cant wait to grab one! Ill be checking HP all this week and next lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.