Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I still find peoples attitude to so called "cheap Chinese" products strange.
They bitch about the price of products but will buy a esc twice the price as "it must be better"

Most esc,s are manufactured in Asia. most companies use a manufacturer like hobbywing to make there esc.
i think if people seen were there "twice the price" esc was made and how much the companies pay for the manufacturing of there esc,s they would come to realise the hobbywing is not a "cheap Chinese esc" but a esc that's made by the manufacturer cutting out the big company name and advertising costs and selling at a realistic price.
imo the fact there is not a new thread every week on "my hobbywing esc wont work" unlike some other brands speaks for itself on how good a esc it really is.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I love my 120a 1s. It does everything my "name brand" esc does, It just does it better/ with more features/ easier/ faster......I could go on. I just ordered my second 120a 1s for another car. I am hooked on hobbywing. The price,features and now with product support, how could you go wrong?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey whats up guys!! So im planning on getting the hobbywing 1s esc for my crc xi kit so i dont have to run a booster. So i got a couple of questions.

Am i able to run boost like the tekin rs, if i use this

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-xerun-...d-1s-blue.html

I am also going to get this as well

http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ogram-box.html

Now i saw on the very first post that you can use boost. Am i able to do so if i get these items?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, those are the two things you will need. you will need to change tothe "stock" software as I believe that the speedo is pre set for "mod". Also just a word of warning the stock software needs to have the voltage cutoff turned OFF. if you change the software and dont turn it off, you will need to hook it up to a 2s battery to get back into the programing. Most of it has been covered here. I run one in my Xray 12th scale with a D3 17.5 and it is the fastest car on the track. CRC has some very good setups posted as far as starting points for settings.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
imo the fact there is not a new thread every week on "my hobbywing esc wont work" unlike some other brands speaks for itself on how good a esc it really is.
what a statement the most truthful i have ever read wow thats all i have to say as your statement is true to a tee.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brettweir78
Yes, those are the two things you will need. you will need to change tothe "stock" software as I believe that the speedo is pre set for "mod". Also just a word of warning the stock software needs to have the voltage cutoff turned OFF. if you change the software and dont turn it off, you will need to hook it up to a 2s battery to get back into the programing. Most of it has been covered here. I run one in my Xray 12th scale with a D3 17.5 and it is the fastest car on the track. CRC has some very good setups posted as far as starting points for settings.
true yes voltage cutoff turn off only if your running spec class 508 zero timing with miod and stock it works fine just we havent upgraded the 508 to work the same way as the mod and stock completly forgot about it as we thought that non one would run zero timing on 1/12th scale but i guess we were 100% wrong .sorry guys for 508 we will sort it out after the 2nd of february
Old 01-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

glad to see you are on it. Thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
\

Yes i understand your point but what we noticed was some of the hobbywing sellers were devalueing our product to get the customer through the door or to the online store sometimes low as 5% profit margins so they buy other products at the same time but at the expence of our product being known as just a cheap chinese brand which wasnt a nice statement as we also make orion,speed passion and hpi so we cant be that bad .

The price wont increase ill make sure of that but the support will be better and our reputation of just another cheap chinese product will start to fade .

it all about building an image and becoming more known as a high quality high performing brand to the western world and not just another cheap brand as known today .
I only hear great things about hobbywing...I find it astonishing people are willing to pay 2-3 times the price for the exact same controller...perhaps only the firmware is different.

Get the V3 out the door quick and you can have your first customer!!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am sure this has been asked, but have the dimensions of the V3 been released ???

Going to try my xtreme stock in my 4x4 buggy and hope it holds up (10.5 turn motor) as i dont want to have to buy a new esc at the moment.
but if i need a new one it needs to be small (see pic)
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-img_0750.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brettweir78
Im going to run 13.5 if that makes a difference
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by For_the_win
Hey whats up guys!! So im planning on getting the hobbywing 1s esc for my crc xi kit so i dont have to run a booster. So i got a couple of questions.

Am i able to run boost like the tekin rs, if i use this

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-xerun-...d-1s-blue.html

I am also going to get this as well

http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ogram-box.html

Now i saw on the very first post that you can use boost. Am i able to do so if i get these items?
Just order it online from CRC. They race with it and have a ton of knowledge on the products. Been a big help.

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719207
Old 01-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Had a search through and can't find an answer. Which current firmware is the most powerful in terms of turbo/boost timing?.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:16 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kosmickid
Had a search through and can't find an answer. Which current firmware is the most powerful in terms of turbo/boost timing?.
Depending on what motor you are using.... (not the answer you are looking for, but I don't want to lie to you)

But the latest available should normally be the best, except for LRP X12 motors.....
Old 01-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M7H
Depending on what motor you are using.... (not the answer you are looking for, but I don't want to lie to you)

But the latest available should normally be the best, except for LRP X12 motors.....
I'm running the speed passion Mmm 13.5t in open tc
Old 01-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

930 Stock is the fastest boosted software version for the Hobbywing.

Hobbywing is fast in Blinky too! I used the 120 amp 1s to win World GT and 17.5 12th scale at the Sweep Challenge at Middle River Hobbies this past weekend!

CRC has speed controllers in stock!! To order or if you have questions, log on to www.teamcrc.com, or call 315-338-0867. We will get you set up.

Also, Team CRC will be at the Snowbirds pitting down by the track, if you want help or just want to check them out. Feel free to stop down and talk to Team CRC/Hobbywing drivers Brian Wynn (me), Frank Calandra and Mario Ficco for anything you might need.

The hobby store at the Snowbirds will have Hobbywing speed controllers in stock.

dumper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.