Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
How long will the Hobbywing support the old xeruns after the release of the version 3.....
this makes me worried re my recent purchase that still needs work re blinky
Dont worry the xerun series older models and present the support will continue for many years to come including software development that i promise you.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone got a set up for HW esc/Team Power 17.5T motor ?? in touring cars
i'm using HW xerun 60amps v2,1. carpet track, fairly tight infield, 35m straight.

We were running our HW 17.5T motor but we seem to be lacking punch compared to the others (running Tekin etc) and struggling slightly to keep with them, so tried the TP motor cos it has end bell timing

Been running it with FDR 6.5

Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know when racers in exile will be back up and running??
and whether they will have any of the HW V3 ESC's
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Does this spedo work with Graupner / Corally motor ?

I am struggling to make this speedo work with a graupner or corally motor.

I have an extreme stock and an SP speedo, both on 930 firmware and have tried both speedos with both motors and always get the same problem.

They always work great until they lose all the advanced timing. The green light on the speedo flashes which indicates the speedo has overheated ? however the speedo / motor are not even hot. I even disabled the overheat function on the speedo but it still had the same symptoms with the green light flashing and loss of advance timing. Admittedly if I tried it an hour later it would be fine again.

Typical settings :-
FDR 5:1
Boost 50
No turbo
DRS 2
RPM /ACC 400

This problem can be after 1 minute or 4 ? I bought a second motor but it still did the same.

I have run with turbo and without. it makes no difference - Has anybody had this problem / know a solution ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by JamieV; 02-09-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added info
Old 02-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JamieV

I have an extreme stock and an SP speedo, both on 930 firmware and have tried both speedos with both motors and always get the same problem.

They always work great until they lose all the advanced timing. The green light on the speedo flashes which indicates the speedo has overheated ? however the speedo / motor are not even hot. I even disabled the overheat function on the speedo but it still had the same symptoms with the green light flashing and loss of advance timing. Admittedly if I tried it an hour later it would be fine again.

Boost 50
No turbo
DRS 2
RPM /ACC 400

This problem can be after 1 minute or 4 ? I bought a second motor but it still did the same.

I have run with turbo and without. it makes no difference - Has anybody had this problem / know a solution ?

Thanks in advance
I tried the Graupner 17.5 and was the most powerful of all those I tried, but it is a motor with considerable mechanic timing, which if combined with plenty of electronic timing can create reading problems of data sensor and switch in sensorless mode(fash green led), I managed to get it working properly having the lowest electronic advances.

I do not know that wrapping uses, but with 17.5 advances should be around (9) and 30 ° (12) 10 ° at most.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Boost 50
No turbo
DRS 2
RPM /ACC 400

Thanks in advance
I've had the same issue with the 930 software on three different motors, its as if the car goes in to sensorless mode for no apparent reason.

I solved it by turning off the low voltage protection. I think what may be happening (especially with the corally) is that the power used on the motor under sever load suddenly drops your battery voltage below the 6v, once it does, the esc switches into safety mode.

Since i've changed the cut off, I've had no issues - try it and let us know!

Your settings seem fine - although I would give it slighlty less boost with a little bit of turbo - then watch it go!!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies.

It sounds like it does go into sensorless mode for the reasons you have mentioned Agno.

I am running 13.5 but can you share your 17.5 settings and I will adjust accordingly.

Thanks

Last edited by JamieV; 02-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mb3195
I've had the same issue with the 930 software on three different motors, its as if the car goes in to sensorless mode for no apparent reason.

I solved it by turning off the low voltage protection. I think what may be happening (especially with the corally) is that the power used on the motor under sever load suddenly drops your battery voltage below the 6v, once it does, the esc switches into safety mode.

Your settings seem fine - although I would give it slighlty less boost with a little bit of turbo - then watch it go!!
Sorry, I had turned off the overheat function. Do you set the voltage protection to 'None'

Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Boost 50
No turbo
DRS 2
RPM /ACC 400

Thanks in advance
Try these, I have used on them with a Corally Pro Red 13.5
1 1
2 1 0%
3 4 3v
4 3
5 8 100%
6 4 100%
7 2 0%
8 1 6%
9 65 64
10 4 18%
11 1 Enable
12 1 0
13 7 7000rpm
14 4 0.3 sec
15 10 500

by having 12 set at 1 - 10 & 14 don't matter

FDR 5.71

These were on 211 stock, so should the same on 930, in fact 930 should be better.

Have you done the tape modification on the sensor board?

take the sensor board and put some pvc tape on the side that faces into the motor, cut the hole for the shaft to the size of the whole on the sensor board.

Used this succesfully on asphalt.

Last edited by Barry_Hughes; 02-09-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added motor!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry, I had turned off the overheat function. Do you set the voltage protection to 'None'

Thanks
Yep, turn it off!

You're fine to run 60 degrees of electronic timing on a 13.5t Corally pro red......it will be quick though
Old 02-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yep, turn it off!

You're fine to run 60 degrees of electronic timing on a 13.5t Corally pro red......it will be quick though
Thanks - Will try it this weekend
Old 02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Try these, I have used on them with a Corally Pro Red 13.5
1 1
2 1 0%
3 4 3v
4 3
5 8 100%
6 4 100%
7 2 0%
8 1 6%
9 65 64
10 4 18%
11 1 Enable
12 1 0
13 7 7000rpm
14 4 0.3 sec
15 10 500

by having 12 set at 1 - 10 & 14 don't matter

FDR 5.71

These were on 211 stock, so should the same on 930, in fact 930 should be better.

Have you done the tape modification on the sensor board?

take the sensor board and put some pvc tape on the side that faces into the motor, cut the hole for the shaft to the size of the whole on the sensor board.

Used this succesfully on asphalt.
Thanks for settings - No, I didn't know about the tape mod, not sure what it does but I will make sure I do it before trying out this weekend
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

This is usually a sign of weak batteries which can't handle the current or plugs that cant handle the current.

Mike

Old 02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for settings - No, I didn't know about the tape mod, not sure what it does but I will make sure I do it before trying out this weekend
OOPs got it the wrong way round, put the tape so it is facing the endbell!, you need to unscrew the board, put the tape on, cut the whole, then screw back on, making sure you don't overtighten the screws.
it just stops any possibility of it touching the end bell, especially in a crash and causing the motor to go sensorless.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

First off, hi

I have a extreme stock 17.5T and came with 518 installed on the esc, I race 1:12th carpet

I wanted to see what other options there were on other software so flashed it to 930

There are more choices with 930 but I don't have the option to reflash back to 518, where can I get this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.