Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The V3 will be with the lowest retail at $195 US .its all new from the ground up with software never seen in this day and age in rc .anyone found to be devalueing the product will be terminated from our dealer list and distributor list.
Might be the best thing since sliced bread but you really need to get the marketing in gear before close to matching the big name boys in price...huge jump in price from last gen...
I'll probably still go for it...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lip
Might be the best thing since sliced bread but you really need to get the marketing in gear before close to matching the big name boys in price...huge jump in price from last gen:
Yeah, about a 60% increase. Bad move.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Maybe $195 US is the price of the combo ESC + Motor + Program card
$195 US just for the ESC is very high, priced out of market
Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AGNO
Maybe $195 US is the price of the combo ESC + Motor + Program card
$195 US just for the ESC is very high, priced out of market
priced out of the market ?Agno you cant say that as you havent seen the unit or the software so you cannot really comment until the unit comes out on the market .

The actual retail of the 2.1 was $180 but we had all the wrong doers devalueing the product so what the actual rise is 25% more like i didnt say 25% rise on the devalued price i said 25% on the actual retail pricing its not 60% as most have stated many were losing money on the 2.1 to make sales through there online stores if they owned warehouses and had to pay wages and all there other stuff involved to run a business trust me they would be selling the 2.1 at $200.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

any news on the turbo software for the 150amp ?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
patto until michael sorts out some bugs and does more testing it will not be released .
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
+1

8th scale outdoor season is getting closer....
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
priced out of the market ?Agno you cant say that as you havent seen the unit or the software so you cannot really comment until the unit comes out on the market .

The actual retail of the 2.1 was $180 but we had all the wrong doers devalueing the product so what the actual rise is 25% more like i didnt say 25% rise on the devalued price i said 25% on the actual retail pricing its not 60% as most have stated many were losing money on the 2.1 to make sales through there online stores if they owned warehouses and had to pay wages and all there other stuff involved to run a business trust me they would be selling the 2.1 at $200.
So, not content with...

- revealing the v3 prototype 6 months early and destroying the market for the 2.1
- threatening to remove the "bad guys" from the dealer list when the ONLY current source of Hobbywing products in the UK is the "bad guy", whereas the "good guy" has disappeared off the face of the earth, possibly with a number of customers payments.
- badmouthing the product of your OEM customers (alleging the Orion are making up the amp ratings)
- giving out incorrect advice (most recent being your claim that the LRP 4-dot timing is not the minimum timing setting when it most certainly is)

...you are now keen on pricing the product out of the market completely?

And you are supposed to be HELPING Hobbywing?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
So, not content with...

- revealing the v3 prototype 6 months early and destroying the market for the 2.1
- threatening to remove the "bad guys" from the dealer list when the ONLY current source of Hobbywing products in the UK is the "bad guy", whereas the "good guy" has disappeared off the face of the earth, possibly with a number of customers payments.
- badmouthing the product of your OEM customers (alleging the Orion are making up the amp ratings)
- giving out incorrect advice (most recent being your claim that the LRP 4-dot timing is not the minimum timing setting when it most certainly is)

...you are now keen on pricing the product out of the market completely?

And you are supposed to be HELPING Hobbywing?
I would post reto's from lrp's comment on the motor but i wont do that .

As for bagging a oem customer i only speak the truth .I was asked a question and i answered on what it was simple .

As for cherry stuart if that is who your reffering to i dont know were he is havent heard from the guy for months either has the factory .The guy has had a lot of bad luck with break in's and much much more .

if someone in the uk has taken off with customers funds well we dont know about that maybe you can tell us who it is please and we can see what the factory can do to help these guys .

To tell the world that we are working on a new product is no crime plus to be honest with you the 2.1 sales have been very high actually the release of the v3 prototype hasnt done anything to slow the sales of the 2.1 .I would also like to know were you got your information again as it seems you know more about our business than what we do basically you info is baseless .

for pricing ourselves out of the market time will tell but i can tell you this at that pricing customers from all around the world are lining up to purchase the v3 so i dont really know were your getting your information from please let us know .

It seems you have had a bad experience with the purchase of our product from the uk sellers so please if there is anything we can do for you please email me .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 02-21-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
+1

8th scale outdoor season is getting closer....
Believe me when i tell you i push michael everyday to have it complete.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Angelo and any HW marketers who might read this

From what I see around me, xerun buyers are budget-minded racers. By pricing the new ESC higher (both via RRP and via threatening to delist any price-breaker) you will alienate yourself a lot of your customer base, who will then turn to the "hardcore racing" and then similarly-priced brands like Tekin, SP (which shouldn't matter much to HW I guess) and to some extent Orion and (not much in WE where I live but I would think a bunch in the US) Novak.

My point is - I have the feeling the growth HW has experienced this past couple of years despite being unknown of just 5ys ago was a combination of a great product AND a low street price. I think the brand is still a bit young to consider its equity good enough to price up that significantly, especially in the current environment, regardless of the fantastic specs of the V3 product. I am not worried about the RRP really but rather about you terminating "discounter" contracts, I feel you will lose tremendous volume and hence will have to crank prices up even further to make it up.

Paul (happy xerun xtreme stock, v2.1 120A, SCT 120A owner... but not willing to pay crazy amounts for them 2yrs from now either).
Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Xtreme stock bottom case

Where can I buy just the bottom case of the Xtreme stock speedo? The blue one.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Everyone I know who buys HW, buys it basically on price point alone, in other words it's great gear if your on a budget, take away it's pricing, and you just about take away it's market niche/identity.

At near enough to $200, I'd actually be looking elsewhere, cause those new Vipers look super cool (with better cap placment), and the Tekin is still smaller I believe?, maybe it will still sell, but somehow the value for money shine is wearing off the brand.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
Everyone I know who buys HW, buys it basically on price point alone, in other words it's great gear if your on a budget, take away it's pricing, and you just about take away it's market niche/identity.

At near enough to $200, I'd actually be looking elsewhere, cause those new Vipers look super cool (with better cap placment), and the Tekin is still smaller I believe?, maybe it will still sell, but somehow the value for money shine is wearing off the brand.
+1
Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down my vote

I have been following this thread for some time.When the v3 was first mentioned it was going to be 15 to 20% price rise from the v2.1. The 2.1 is £85= $125 so $195 is a massive difference and I for one will not be spending my cash on it and would not have waited 6 months for the release
BY the way the hobby industry in the uk see $195 then charge us £195 so it will be a huge increase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.