Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

All the sensor cables should be the same
Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default firmware

can anyone help. Where can i find the hobbywing firmware 110211 as i can't find it on there website
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys !,

Just small note to say THANKS to Cobra Racing and the forum people who helped me out to setup my 1/10th Touring for Super Stock 10.5 class.

I arrived to Colombia for job assignment and will be here for a couple months, so i carried my Hotbodies TCX with me and during the weekend i raced the first stage of regional Championship in Bogota city - Colombia.

Awesome performance of my Hobbywing Xerun 120amp + 10.5 Hobbywing Xerun motor, ended 2nd place overall !!, here the podiums (im "Pato Concha") :

regards,
Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey I am running hobby wing extreme stock speedo on the latest software. Running boosted 10.5 SP MMM motor. I am also running the 4 cap capacitors.
At the weekend I ran at a different track than wot I usually do and it had a longer straight. The car had very very little brakes at high speed but they were ok at speed. Anybody know a fix for this.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hello guys !,

Just small note to say THANKS to Cobra Racing and the forum people who helped me out to setup my 1/10th Touring for Super Stock 10.5 class.

I arrived to Colombia for job assignment and will be here for a couple months, so i carried my Hotbodies TCX with me and during the weekend i raced the first stage of regional Championship in Bogota city - Colombia.

Awesome performance of my Hobbywing Xerun 120amp + 10.5 Hobbywing Xerun motor, ended 2nd place overall !!, here the podiums (im "Pato Concha") :

regards,
Congratulations!

I hope that my help was useful.

The Xerun 10.5 engine is great
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Agno, your help was too useful ... at the end i had to lower some parameters as the car was very aggressive with your proposed setup and was fine with me, but the weather and track temperature was too high so i was ending the heat time with the motor just on the upper temperature limit ...

thanks so much,
Old 02-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Old 02-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Agno, your help was too useful ... at the end i had to lower some parameters as the car was very aggressive with your proposed setup and was fine with me, but the weather and track temperature was too high so i was ending the heat time with the motor just on the upper temperature limit ...

thanks so much,
It is true, in case of high ambient temperatures, is that correct parameters decrease a little.
The setup that I have sent you is a start-point, with low ambient temperatures can also increase.

I'm happy to have been of help
Old 02-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Future request for Hobbywing, please stop supplying your gear with wires pre-soldered, it may be great for some, but for racers who typically customize all their wires, the lead free solder you guys use is awful.

To expand, I just had to custom wire up my 150A for my new race buggy, I thought it was hard getting solder off one of my older 60a units, the overkill 10awg with lead free solder on the 150a was 'that' much harder to remove.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bishop
Future request for Hobbywing, please stop supplying your gear with wires pre-soldered, it may be great for some, but for racers who typically customize all their wires, the lead free solder you guys use is awful.

To expand, I just had to custom wire up my 150A for my new race buggy, I thought it was hard getting solder off one of my older 60a units, the overkill 10awg with lead free solder on the 150a was 'that' much harderve.
Its not lead free its 60/40 aircraft spec.but i will pass on your request .theres a reason why this silder is used as the 150 amp cranks heaps of current and most use 4s and up.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Its not lead free its 60/40 aircraft spec.but i will pass on your request .theres a reason why this silder is used as the 150 amp cranks heaps of current and most use 4s and up.
I thought industry by law was supposed to be using lead free solder for a few years now at least?, if it's not lead free, I'm somewhat perplexed by it's poor workability and higher melting point, but either way on their pro level products it would be awfully nice not to have to de-solder gear before fitting it.

10awg is nice in theory, but in harder to work with, again though mute point if the gear came wireless.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Hello guys!

I'm new to Pro Stock 10,5T racing so I'd like some tips on how to set it up. The ESC is a Xerun 60A and it's used, I have no idea which firmware is on it so I'd like to set it up from the beginning. I'd like to have good brakes on it aswell since I hear it used to be a problem on older versions of these ESCs

Here is my info:

Car: Xray T3 2012
ESC: Xerun 60A
Motor: Nosram Pure Spec Evolution 10,5T
Batteries: LRP 5300 mAh 30C / CS Electronic 5400 mAh 50C

FDR is 6,65 since the track is very large and fast, is it too high for the motor temperature? I'd like my motor to run at about 90 degrees Celsius; I have a good heat sink and a turbo fan.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Denis
Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Got to love that we don't have it yet, but it's on display at the toy fair with a HB branding on it.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got to love that we don't have it yet, but it's on display at the toy fair with a HB branding on it.
Edit - Scratch that... I'm now not so sure!! :s
Old 02-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

I had that unit in my hand back in August last year at the shanghai show it doesnt work just a dummy unit lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.