Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

the manual tells you exactly how to connect the esc and box to the computer, you got both a drawing and explaning text on how to do it in the manual???

connect the esc to the box, connect the box to the computer via usb (and a battery to power the esc ofcourse)
Old 01-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi i was wondering if the over temp protection worked on motors?
Old 01-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
the manual tells you exactly how to connect the esc and box to the computer, you got both a drawing and explaning text on how to do it in the manual???

connect the esc to the box, connect the box to the computer via usb (and a battery to power the esc ofcourse)
Maybe I have an older manual,,,,,I DID buy ver 2.0,,,,,not 2.01. It was not really clear. This is my 1st programmable esc and I dont wish to Bugger it up,,,,so I am being cautious...There is also Nothing in my manual about the more advanced timing/boost/ turbo settings. I looked online at Hobby Wing and all I found was "Additional Instructions of Stock Firmware". This seems sufficient,,,,if I can get the ESC programmed correctly.

I have read through 140 pages + 50 pages on another thread. The Software/Hardware changes constantly and all the Versions are hard to keep up with if you have not been "With the Program" since day one. It would be Nice if there was an "up to date" and "Comprehensive" manual to download that was easy to find. I have seen directions/links to 3 or 4 different "official" locations for HobbyWing info and software updates......

I will eventually get it all figured out,,,,,but Pardon Me,,,,,given the circumstances, if it Takes me a While......

Thanks for the Reply,,,,,,I will now give it a Go.....
Old 01-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Also has anyone else had a problem installing the 110108 stock software?
when i install it it comes up with the 1224 or 110106. is this correct?
Old 01-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Programming working as Expected now.....

OK.....Thanks for the assistance....
I got the ESC programmed and I now have have access to Boost and Turbo.
Dark outside now. Will have to wait til tomorrow to run the car.

Will probably be back with Questions after That......Lol....
Old 01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

I will be back on board from the 17th of January 2011 to help solve issues and other tech support help .

Sorry that i have been away for a couple of days and only answering small questions its because our state in brisbane Queensland Australia has had the flood crissis so i have been helping family,friends and strangers clean there homes and businesses .

So i apologise for my absence.

regards Angelo
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Take all the time you need Angelo, there are more important things then rc racing...good luck with all the water over there and help everybody as much as you cann. It will take some time before the water will be gone i think. Looking at it on the news every day, but it doesn`t look ok.
So take your time, if the questions regarding the HW`s aren`t to difficult we will try to answer them..

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi guys

I will be back on board from the 17th of January 2011 to help solve issues and other tech support help .

Sorry that i have been away for a couple of days and only answering small questions its because our state in brisbane Queensland Australia has had the flood crissis so i have been helping family,friends and strangers clean there homes and businesses .

So i apologise for my absence.

regards Angelo

Last edited by rbakker; 01-15-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mitch-e4fs
Also has anyone else had a problem installing the 110108 stock software?
when i install it it comes up with the 1224 or 110106. is this correct?
There are 3 versions right now:

110106 (software V1.62) this one comes with the good but older 518 stock program
110105 (Software V1.63) this comes with the 1224 heavy max. 46 degree program
110108 (Software V1.63) this comes with the 110108 medium max. 30 degree program

The 518 stock we always used, there was also software 508 in the package for modified.
This package works good. it has a maximum off 30 degrees timing.

The 1224 was introduced a few days back, this software has a total off max. 46 degrees off timing, this is very much and not good for all motors, you have to watch you`re motor temp`s when using this one.
This one is not ok for a beginner. It also has a "finer" adjustment off the timing settings and a new function, turbo ramp.

The 110108 is the newest software (few days after 1224) and for the modern motors, SP, duo, Faigo etc... It has the same "finer" adjustment and turbo ramp as the 1224, but only a max. off 30 degrees timing, this is more then enough for most and certanly beginners..
(it would be smoother to drive...)

I would recommend the 110108 and go from there, you cann download the manuals and software off 1224 and 110108 from the website off Cobraracing, you cann find the link here:
http://www.cobrarc.com.au/

Make sure to read the manuals and make adjustments with your head, always watch the temp. off you`re motor.

The basic instructions for stock software you cann find on the Hobbywing website under downloads...
the download at the top off the page are the instructions, on the bottom you find the older 518 software

Last edited by rbakker; 01-15-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

I tried downloading from crobraracing but neither version has the 101108.
Yes I'm aware of the amount of timing and how dangerous it can be I just smoked a new motor with only 10 laps. Using what I thought were safe settings.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mitch-e4fs
I tried downloading from crobraracing but neither version has the 101108.
Yes I'm aware of the amount of timing and how dangerous it can be I just smoked a new motor with only 10 laps. Using what I thought were safe settings.
The third download really is 110108, i just went to the site and downloaded it.
Just download it, then remove all older HW software from your PC, install the 110108 and connect after that the esc, then upgrade, after that you cann choose the right ptogram from the dropdown list.

Always start your tuning with low setting, then watch the temp. and go higher with the settings, only step by step, this cann take all day.
NOBODY cann give you the right settings, you will have to find out on your own, it depends on so much things, it can`t be told on the internet.
Otherwise ask somebody at the track to help you.

By the way, do you still dont see the 110108 on the cobra page?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

I can see it and when it downloads it says it's 110108, but when i try to update my program box the only options i get are :101224. 101106 and 100512.

Then when i try to update the speedy there is no 110108 option just 101224.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redharris
Maybe I have an older manual,,,,,I DID buy ver 2.0,,,,,not 2.01. It was not really clear. This is my 1st programmable esc and I dont wish to Bugger it up,,,,so I am being cautious...There is also Nothing in my manual about the more advanced timing/boost/ turbo settings. I looked online at Hobby Wing and all I found was "Additional Instructions of Stock Firmware". This seems sufficient,,,,if I can get the ESC programmed correctly.

I have read through 140 pages + 50 pages on another thread. The Software/Hardware changes constantly and all the Versions are hard to keep up with if you have not been "With the Program" since day one. It would be Nice if there was an "up to date" and "Comprehensive" manual to download that was easy to find. I have seen directions/links to 3 or 4 different "official" locations for HobbyWing info and software updates......

I will eventually get it all figured out,,,,,but Pardon Me,,,,,given the circumstances, if it Takes me a While......

Thanks for the Reply,,,,,,I will now give it a Go.....
Some people are just snipey, Once you get the esc figured out your gonna love it. So many options to play with
Old 01-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

is there a new hobbywing setup sheet yet? if no will there be one soon?
Old 01-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by Redharris
Hi....I got my HobbyWing (ver 2.0) Xerun 120 Amp ESC/Motor combo 2 weeks ago.
Team Cobra sent me some software to unzip and load into my 2 in 1 program box, ( which I did).
My DeskTop says it is "Hobbywing USB Link V1.62".

When I open up the Software and Plug my 2 in 1 program box, the Hard Ware Version is HW310 V1.0
The Software Version is V1.06_100512.....

I unplug the 2 in 1 program box from the Computer.
I then plug the ESC into the 2 in 1 program box, plug in my battery and turn on the power.
The program box says V1.06_100512.
I press "OK' button. The programmer flashes "esc software ver 10_091218a_t" and then goes into the mode that allows me to set parameters of the ESC. I have the following options.
1 Running Mode
2 Drag Brake
3 Voltage Protection
4 DRRS Punch
5 Brake Force
6 Reverse Force
7 Initial Brake
8 Neutral Range
9 "AMTS" Timing
10 Overheat Protection.

Thats it.....No Boost or Turbo settings. Guess I did SOMETHING wrong. I dont know what I did incorrectly. The Instructions that came with the kit are no help. How do I get the Turbo and Boost settings to become Active?

Question.....Can I plug the 2 in 1 Program Box into my computer via USB,,,,,AND,,,,,plug the ESC into the Program Box,,,,,,AT THE SAME TIME?...It seems like that is the way it should work, but I have not done this yet, because I am not sure if it is advisable to do so. Again,,,,the Instructions are not much help....
plug your lcd box into your pc via usb. plug your speedo into your lcd box. open the hw icon on your pc, by right click and open as administrator. plug a battery into your speedo and turn it on. upgrade your software on your speedo. you can change all settings 1-15 via your pc or your lcd box.
also the latest software is available for download, see post above on this page, good luck.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, al ,i was the same as you, good top speed but i would like more initial acceleration i was running 8.6 fdr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.