Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbakker
What is DDRS excactly, is it a punch setting and so a current regulator for low rpm`s???

yap for punch setting .. more higher setup more aggressive acceleration .. but depend on your track traction grip ..
Old 01-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by geubes
to get my box upgraded, I first had to downgrade it to 1.02. it seems like the later firmwares see to block certain updates. But reverting back to 1.02 always does the trick, so you will need a copy of the files with older firmware in.

Also I ran the new software today, I really like the power delivery, super punchy, super top end, seems to lack a little at about mid-range, but I think that might be to much timing to quickly.

I have a question regarding the Boost timing vs Turbo.

if then the max boost you can have is 30 degrees, because if you set to 38, the extra 8 degrees will be turbo.

firstly, do these 8 degrees of turbo adhere to the parameters that control normal turbo? eg, Full throttle delay and the new degress / 0.1s?

also then, what would you expect if you ran the following 3 configurations, because in theory they are the same?

1: Boost timing: 30, Turbo 8
2: Boost timing: 38, Turbo 0
3: Boost timing: 34, Turbo 4

And how the Turbo compensates for the boost if its set below 30:

2: Boost timing: 20, Turbo 18
2: Boost timing: 20, Turbo 10

Thanks
Been thinking about this all the day......

Really dont get it, if its like the guy above descibebs...
What is the use off timing to 38, since everything above 30 is sent to turbo.

I would say just use 30 and a bit off regular turbo,
the 31 to 38 is totally useless then...?

Hmmm....
Old 01-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What is DDRS excactly, is it a punch setting and so a current regulator for low rpm`s???
Thats right. From what I have learned/read is it limits the amount of current to the motor.

So the reason i dropped it, was i knew I was getting some wheel spin out of the corners, so there was to much power. Using the Lvl6 (I was at 8), i didnt get the wheel spin, and imho is i didnt take the edge off the battery as quick. Not only was the car quicker at the end of the race, my lap times dropped another .2 second.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Looks good except for one thing the soldering looks shocking especially with the positive and negative wiring

You need to heat the connectors first and melt the solder in the connector the heat the wire and allow the solder to flow on the wire strands then heat the connectors on its side and feed the wire direct in the connector hole .Hold it for 3 seconds and then let go .dont try and put solder and heat and the connector with the wiore at the same time it will not work and look poor.
Yes - that's how it's done. What looks like bad soldering is the cap wires soldered on top of the pos & neg wires.

But still no answer about the v3.0_508_No timing software. I suppose it's not in this package ...?
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-justock2.jpg  
Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

To all at Hobbywing, thank you for listening to the customers, this new firmware is excellent news!

Upto 30deg Boost and 16deg Turbo (46deg total) is a huge increase in range from the previous 29deg total maximum. This gives us a lot more setup options, and will be especially useful for those running higher winds like 17.5T.

This really makes HW the best ESC available now. It's the most reliable, best supported (thanks to Cobra) and should now be the fastest too. And still 1/3rd the price the competition! Amazing stuff.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys just a little tease Hobbywing is working on something new its is an esc and will be a must have item when released but thats all i can say for now ...
Originally Posted by TeamWTF
Will this speedy be for 1/10 also? Im needing another speedy... I race 17.5 boosted and Mod so i like a speedy that does both (the 120a) ...
yes it will be for 1/10th its about 6 months away though ...
Have also been thinking of getting a second ESC as backup, was going to get the v2.1 120a ...

Anything else you can let us in on ???
Old 01-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What a tease! Come on Angelo, some more info
Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csracing
Why can't we get an answer on the availability of the V3.0 NO TIMING software? Several people now have confirmed that the V3.0 software is not in the software list..
Yes mine is also the same!

What is going on?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by synrgy
Yes mine is also the same!

What is going on?
Hi guys

Just some info on the 508 it will stay on as 4 options for brakes as if we change it then the manual has to change but more importantly you cant use the led programmer as the settings need to be changed on that as well from 4 options to 8 which means your going to have to upgrade to the 2 in 1 programmer lcd .It can be down but would you guys upgrade to the lcd programmer as the led will not work .
Old 01-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
What a tease! Come on Angelo, some more info
Believe me id love to tell you more but for the moment the Chinese equivelant to the CIA will assassinate me hahaha lol

Give me a month and we will see how it all pans out all i have to say it will be way above the rest .

regards Angelo
Old 01-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Dear Loyal customers

I have another edition of stock software for the use of motors like the speed passion ,faigo and duo's etc .

I will email it to you all tomorrow sorry im very tired spent 12 hours in hong kong going around in cicles at the toy fair which had zero r/c so i was dissapointed but tomorrow i will do it for you guys .

Hobbywing is commited in being the best not only in pricing but perfromance and reliability and top of the line customer service .

We listen to you and we are commited to our customers thats why we do as you ask and more to come .

take care guys

and thank you once again for your loyal support .

regards ANgelo
Old 01-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by geubes
to get my box upgraded, I first had to downgrade it to 1.02. it seems like the later firmwares see to block certain updates. But reverting back to 1.02 always does the trick, so you will need a copy of the files with older firmware in.
Thanks
Just had a look at the disc that came with the esc and it only has v1.06...100512 as an older version on it.
Do you have a link to the v1.02 from anywhere, as the Hobbywing site only has the v1.06 on there as well.
Thanks again for any help.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Believe me id love to tell you more but for the moment the Chinese equivelant to the CIA will assassinate me hahaha lol

Give me a month and we will see how it all pans out all i have to say it will be way above the rest .

regards Angelo
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

ANyway, let the software define the esc How inferior would the current V2.1 be compared to 'that'?

I didn't ask any specifics on the new product so please satisfy our curiosity
Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hi guys

Just some info on the 508 it will stay on as 4 options for brakes as if we change it then the manual has to change but more importantly you cant use the led programmer as the settings need to be changed on that as well from 4 options to 8 which means your going to have to upgrade to the 2 in 1 programmer lcd .It can be down but would you guys upgrade to the lcd programmer as the led will not work .
I already have the 2 in 1 programmer (updated to V1.07 already too), so this would be fine with me.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Been thinking about this all the day......

Really dont get it, if its like the guy above descibebs...
What is the use off timing to 38, since everything above 30 is sent to turbo.

I would say just use 30 and a bit off regular turbo,
the 31 to 38 is totally useless then...?

Hmmm....
I would say according to the readme, that the boost will kick in at the set rpm and then the turbo will come in after x amount of seconds which you set it at. Which means, you can have turbo for acceleration if you don't reach full throttle during the technical parts of the track which you race on, then have the turbo kick in during the straight in which kicks in after the x amount of seconds you have set in the programming card.

Hope that sort of makes sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.