Wiki Posts
Search

I-Lap Timing system

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
sac
Tech Regular

Anybody else use the I-LAP system?
We use it for outdoor dirt racing with NO problems.Had one problem with Lapsfree program ,my fault.I forgot to take computer out of sleep mode,worked great after that.

If you run a track or race at track using I-LAP please post your comments or questions here.There alot of people interested in I-lap .The more comments posted the better.

sac
Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

I've used it as a race director for a few years now. I've successfully run over 100 club races with it. I use it with Alycat race timing software.

If anyone has a question I'll do my best to help answer it.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
sac
Tech Regular

We will be ending our outdoor racing this Sunday .The I-LAP counter with the Laps-free program worked GREAT!!! The only glitch was on the Laps-free program i had to shut the sleep mode off on the computer.
Tracks looking for a lap counter,skip the AMB .Save your money and get the I-lap.Don't let racers talk you into a AMB .The transponder for the I-LAP are much cheaper and work just as good.

I would like to say thanks to Craig at I-lap for help during setup .

sac
Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I-lap works flawlessly at our track a lot of racers still skeptical about this timing system only time will tell this timing system will be accepted by all tracks.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No new posts in this thread since 2008 ???

Nobody uses this system now?

We are planning to open a new track and deciding the time system now.

I-lap is still the best alternative to AMB ?

Thanks,

Ale
Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I didnt know this post existed... we run I-Lap at our house... also the local hobby shop uses it for TC... it runs fantastic and Craig is a great guy for support... he almost ALWAYS answers the phone and has the answers...
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

One track I race at uses it and it works fine. I recently raced at a club using AMB and rental AMB transponders. I had to cut a new hole in my body to mount it which sucked for one meet. With the iLaps transponder I put a piece of velcro on my top deck how easy is that.
I am starting a club in my area and won't even consider AMB, going with iLap and putting the savings towards carpet
Old 11-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

We've been using it for years now. It works flawlessly for us. The only support we need after these past years is having new transponders to sell to new people who show up to race with us and they want their own personal transponders to own instead of using our house ones.

iLapRC 's website is:

http://www.rclapcounter.com

The other track around here that uses it is:

Outback RC, Marengo IL

http://www.outbackrc.com
Old 11-24-2010, 02:44 PM
sac
Tech Regular

Over 3 season with the I-LAP system.I run club events to my big race of the season ,The Money Madness Race.I have run events with only 12 racers to over 100 entries with know problems at all.At this time i use LAPS Free program but i may try Alycat next season.
My suggestion supply a set of house/track transponders.It helps with the racers who don't want to buy a PT,or who is a AMB/MYLAPS users.That way they have no excuse for not running your track,i will cost then nothing to use a track PT'S.

The I-LAP system is worth the money and is just as accurate as a AMB.Also Craig the owner,you can't get a any better customer support if you need it.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Most all of the dirt ovals in my area use this system. It works. And the part I like is you can run an AMB transponder and the IR unit on a Y with both powered at the same time with no problems. I just double sided tape the IR unit on top of the AMB and let it work thru the windshield.

Ed M.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all your replies.

We will use it here too.
Perhaphs in a month we will have all the stuff instaled.

Regards,

Ale
Old 11-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by traxxas.uy
Thanks for all your replies.

We will use it here too.
Perhaphs in a month we will have all the stuff instaled.

Regards,

Ale
a month huh? I wouldnt be so long-sighted... it took a day to make our bridge and set up the system... definately not rocket science... the hardest part is learning the software...
Old 11-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by orgnoi1
a month huh? I wouldnt be so long-sighted... it took a day to make our bridge and set up the system... definately not rocket science... the hardest part is learning the software...
I´m in Uruguay !
I have to buy (i will have the money next week) and wait it to arrive.

Hope we could set up the system in one day, as soon it arrives. We have waited it a lot.

Ale
Old 11-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by traxxas.uy
I´m in Uruguay !
I have to buy (i will have the money next week) and wait it to arrive.

Hope we could set up the system in one day, as soon it arrives. We have waited it a lot.

Ale
the big thing is the platform... for 1/10 or 1/18 you will want the bridge at approximately 24" off the ground... both to let the cars under as well as at an optimal height for sensor pickup... we use "schedule 40" pvc piping... but you could use wood or metal piping as well...
Old 11-27-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Rookie

We will use pvc piping too.

I saw, no remember where, pics of a track with a half pvc piping bridge with hinges to install and remove sensors easier.

Will post pics when we install the system.

Ale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.