I-Lap Timing system

Old 11-27-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Sorry for the crappy file... this is our bridge... I have the uprights non-glued so that they come off... and have two bicycle hooks in my garage on a beam... this just slips into them for storage... completely out of the way... and then just stuff the legs and uprights in a corner...
Attached Thumbnails I-Lap Timing system-148695_1739023722231_1437799125_31877375_5255935_n.jpg  
Old 11-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Is the I laps same as the Robotronic system ????????
Old 11-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ALF420 View Post
In theory yes... in operation no... they both run IR projected beam systems... but I do not believe they are cross compatable... although I could be wrong...
Old 11-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by orgnoi1 View Post
In theory yes... in operation no... they both run IR projected beam systems... but I do not believe they are cross compatable... although I could be wrong...
Thats all I need to NO THANK YOU...

ROBOTRONIC LAP COUNTING = JUNK have use this first hand and "SOME TIMES" it counts a car some times it don't if its not AMB guys will not use it because it seems AMB is the only system thats works EVERY TIME, EVERY CAR, EVERY LAP....

Sorry to sound harsh but them system is that cheap for 1 reason they do not work with out problems if they worked you couldn't beat the $PRICE$ but there cheap for a reason and NOT MANY TRACKS use them for that reason RACERS wanted counted after all thats why they pay a race fee..

I-LAPS I have never used so not a 100% sure how they work but robotronic is a joke and will leave a race director looking like a fool on race day and he will leave with a head ache and the track will loose attendance week after week due to a non-counting / nonworking system

SEEN THIS FIRST HAND @ NEXGEN RACEWAY
Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

I-LAPS I have never used so not a 100% sure how they work but robotronic is a joke and will leave a race director looking like a fool on race day and he will leave with a head ache and the track will loose attendance week after week due to a non-counting / nonworking system

SEEN THIS FIRST HAND @ NEXGEN RACEWAY
no probs with ILap here... it counts all the laps
Old 11-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by orgnoi1 View Post
no probs with ILap here... it counts all the laps
ok so we had our first failure on the I-Lap yesterday

Track was a "little" muddy... the trucks were completely filled with mud when we took them off so the last few laps it didnt catch... I mean shoot they weigh about 30lbs each right now...

One of the main reasons I will always advise on the I-Lap is that its portable... after we realized we werent going to be able to run we picked it all up and put it in my truck and brought it back up to the house... so now its stored back away in a heated garage...
Old 12-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anyone know if i-lap works with ZRound?
Old 12-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
Anyone know if i-lap works with ZRound?
Craigs website says it does although I cant say I have tried it...

On a side note... I had purchased a second I-Lap for augmenting my current system... and found out its an older version with serial connectors... if anyone wants a real inexpensive LARGE system check the for sale section under my name... or PM me direct...
Old 12-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

I found out a little more about your question... the ILap and Robotronic systems use a different "type" of IR system... the Robotronics being (from what I remember from the conversation) a solid beam and the I-Laps being a pulsed beam... the Robotronics requires having a tent above the bridge if the bridge is in sunlight or strong interior lighting, where as the I-Laps doesnt require that (I can attest to that 100%) and has no issues whatsoever with direct sunlight...

Most of our running is "practice" mode... so we all can go for laptime records... and we have it set with RC Scoring Pro to speak the laptimes over our PA... if there was a missed lap someone would definately catch it.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Well, I'm trying to get ZRond to work but it doesn't recognize the system. In the setup I choose AMB and select the COM port that the Laps Free software found it on. Laps Free works fine but ZRound never finds it.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For ZRound, when you put the com port number in, you must put the letters com in as well, such as "com3" , without the quotes.

mdowney, I answered your email as well.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
Well, I'm trying to get ZRond to work but it doesn't recognize the system. In the setup I choose AMB and select the COM port that the Laps Free software found it on. Laps Free works fine but ZRound never finds it.
I would just give Craig a call...
Old 12-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Craig! I responded to your PM as well. Great service - on a Saturday even!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I spoke with Craig and now have a great deal of information on this system. We have a track in India using the AMB, but cost is too much now. I was also considering the dirtchamp one.

Does a really dusty track screw up the reading? We will be running mostly nitro 1/8 and electrics. Please suggest ways to mount the transponders.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcindia View Post
I spoke with Craig and now have a great deal of information on this system. We have a track in India using the AMB, but cost is too much now. I was also considering the dirtchamp one.

Does a really dusty track screw up the reading? We will be running mostly nitro 1/8 and electrics. Please suggest ways to mount the transponders.
We have NO issues with dust whatsoever and our track stays pretty dusty during the dry months... basically as long as you have a clear windshield and the transponder directly under it with no obstructions you will have no issues with the bridge picking it up...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service