I-Lap Timing system

Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

When I used Trackmate with Alycat, I merely put the driver on the number coresponding to the Trans. id #. Other words, when setting up a heat, if I had #'s 1, 2, 4, 5 in use, I would leave 3rd spot empty.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

In LapsFree, you can move the drivers up and down in the "Tables" screen.
The car# refers to the transponder#

It has to be done manually, but that is about the best way to do it with your system.

With the limited numbers you have, the way it is supposed to work is for each driver to use the number assigned by the software. All of the transponders are kept together in the pits and before each race, the drivers check the grid listings, grab the correct transponder and put it in their car. After the race, they return them so the guys in the next race can take them.

Trying to use your TrakMate transponders as "personals" will be troublesome at best.

Craig
Old 04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys

Does I-lapRC work with 1/10 nitro on road?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Yes. The I-Lap will work.

It will work in a Mini-Z all the way up to any size RC vehicle. On Road or Off Road.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Superior DK View Post
Hi guys

Does I-lapRC work with 1/10 nitro on road?
Yes, It will work fine. It is used with nitro, gas and electric, on and off road with 1/28th scale on up to go-karts. It is even being used for a national robotics competition with 1500+ teams.

The system times the transponder and doesn't care what it is attached to.

Craig
Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm proud to annouced that our new off road track in central Valley CA will be using I-lap timing system Fulltime. Please chaeck out our website Goldenhillsraceway.com

Craig,

Are you planning of making the transponder in a hard inclosed casing in the future?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Rookie

We have been using the I-Lap system at DRC for over 2 years now with great results. We scored our 2008 SEMOWRCS with it and had no problems, we have had both the old and the new system and we love the new system and transponders. Craig is right there with customer service and setup issues from the start, thanks! It's nice to have a lower cost alternative to AMB systems which are way out of our price range...

We use Alycat scoring software...

-Harold
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Go-Karts

Off-topic but pretty cool. I just got these pictures from a go-kart track using I-Lap in Australia. It is all the same as for R/C except for differently focused IR leds on the transponder.
Attached Thumbnails I-Lap Timing system-000_0052.jpg   I-Lap Timing system-102_1735.jpg  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Would someone please go over how the transponder is mounted in the car.From what I read it seems it needs to have a clear unobstructed view of the loop?If thats right ,that would make me think the loop cant be buried as it needs a straight shot to see the transponder?If im right that means the transponder needs to be mounted on top of the car pointing at the loop?It has to be on a part of body with no paint?Any pics out there?Craig,fabulous idea you got here,really should make club racing cheaper for shops and individuals to get club racing going.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by intimidator View Post
Craig,fabulous idea you got here,really should make club racing cheaper for shops and individuals to get club racing going.
I help run three tracks here in Chicago that only exist because the lap timing system was affordable. If AMB was the only option none of them would be racing now. I-LapRC was our solution.

The transponders need to transmit through the body upwards. The ultimate is through a clear portion of a lexan body. Some paints allow the infrared beam to go through them but not all.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Would someone please go over how the transponder is mounted in the car.From what I read it seems it needs to have a clear unobstructed view of the loop?If thats right ,that would make me think the loop cant be buried as it needs a straight shot to see the transponder?If im right that means the transponder needs to be mounted on top of the car pointing at the loop?It has to be on a part of body with no paint?Any pics out there?Craig,fabulous idea you got here,really should make club racing cheaper for shops and individuals to get club racing going.
Go to- www.dunelandhobbies.com scroll down. There is a pic of my little micro track with scoring bridge. I-lap scoring is used. Comes highly recomended!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Would someone please go over how the transponder is mounted in the car.
The transponder simply mounts flat to the chassis with a bit of velcro. It goes under the widow where it can "see" up to the bridge. If there is no suitable spot a mount can be made from a scrap of lexan too. It goes through many paints too, but that you have to test on a case by case basis.

Craig
Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

So, this system will work on an outdoor dirt track? How durable are the transponders?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Yes it will work outdoors racing off road or on road.

Durable? What do you want to do with it differently than you might with any other timing system transponder? Don't dunk it underwater while it's on.

One of our indoor tracks is in a basement. The basement got flooded from above. 10 "house" transponders sat in water for 8 hours. All of them are are still working, but I wouldn't suggest doing that if you can help it.

I have a few of the ilapRC transponders and they just keep on working. I race indoors and outdoors, off road and on road.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:17 AM
sac
Tech Regular

We use I-LAP at out track www.evolutionrcraceway.com outdoor off-road track in Maine.It works GREAT!!!There were skeptics thinking AMB was the only way to go.After the first full race day with th I-LAP they changed there minds.
The transponders are cheaper than AMB ,which makes it much more affordable for the new racer.
We use Lapsfree program for now.
You have some that say if it is that good ,why is it not used at large events.Give time, it will .AMB has a +20 year jump and it has "monoply" on the large events.

I would like to thank Craig at I-LAP for his help during setup .

sac

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service