Old 02-25-2019, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

winner had glue on tread as well as the other competitive trucks
See Euro truck thread.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

They had bypassed the rule due to the high traction, wish I knew so I could have taken advantage of it lol I kept to only the sidewalls and it killed my corner speed.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

I'm still trying to find out why the no tread gluing rule is even in effect.
Message has been sent.
I'm missing something?
It was mentioned that it could get out of hand and where will it stop?
So what if someone glues the whole tread, it wouldn't work any way and what would it matter?
What's the difference if we stop at the sidewalls or take it onto the tread?
Why do we glue tires anyway?
Because it's necessary to have a car that won't flip, all classes glue tires on carpet and black carpet, up on the tread.
I still don't get the rule
I've asked that it be revisited with input from those that it concerns, as proven at recent TCS weekend
Hopefully we get an explanation or even better a lift on the ban
Old 02-26-2019, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

It was 180 raceways qualifier this last weekend where racers said they had to glue the tread. Fred was at Hobbyplex's TCS qualifier in Omaha this last weekend. They are a black carpet track and home of the 19 Nats. The trucks were dialed without going onto the tread. I personally have not seen a sedan glue up onto the horizontal surface at any black carpet...would think that would push like a hog? We also have some pro drivers that are local here in KC and they don't glue onto the tread at any track....am I missing something? Isn't that a setup issue?
Old 02-26-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey guy what happening to the m05 class with the 21.5 motor . got one just seeing iff this is the one in the pic
Old 02-26-2019, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I finished 2nd in Euro Truck this past weekend at the 180 raceway qualifier. I ran the glue right up to the corner/edge, none on the flat tread. It was a little tippy when over driven.

Last edited by Markus; 02-26-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: correction
Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
I finished 2nd in Euro Truck this past weekend at the 180 raceway qualifier. I ran the glue right up to the corner/edge, none on the flat tread. It was a little tippy when over driven. My friend who took 1st had even less sidewall glue than me.
Interesting...congrats!
Old 02-26-2019, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Old 02-26-2019, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
I finished 2nd in Euro Truck this past weekend at the 180 raceway qualifier. I ran the glue right up to the corner/edge, none on the flat tread. It was a little tippy when over driven.
👍
Old 02-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default tcs races motor for m05

yes it a fix timing motor and 297
Old 02-26-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

what is the upside of not gluing the tread and what is the reason it was ruled out in the first place?
It obviously does not harm the surface.
why is it not considered a tuning aid?
what would be considered as getting out of control?
why not ban glue altogether?
If you enjoy the challenge of trying not to tip over and being the best at it then that would be the ultimate rule, no glue.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Core Creations
It was 180 raceways qualifier this last weekend where racers said they had to glue the tread. Fred was at Hobbyplex's TCS qualifier in Omaha this last weekend. They are a black carpet track and home of the 19 Nats. The trucks were dialed without going onto the tread. I personally have not seen a sedan glue up onto the horizontal surface at any black carpet...would think that would push like a hog? We also have some pro drivers that are local here in KC and they don't glue onto the tread at any track....am I missing something? Isn't that a setup issue?
I heard they blew off the no tread glue rule and said let's race.
What's to set up on a Euro truck anyway?
Camber? Caster? Ride height? Springs, dampening...?
And the trucks were far from dialed without glue on tread according to those that spoke up about it from the front of the pack.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Not to put too fine a point on it, but black carpet tracks do vary in traction. A track with a high weekly entry count that doesn't change layouts constantly or vacuum all the time will have higher traction than a place that has more average entries or never lets the layout get too run in.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Not to put too fine a point on it, but black carpet tracks do vary in traction. A track with a high weekly entry count that doesn't change layouts constantly or vacuum all the time will have higher traction than a place that has more average entries or never lets the layout get too run in.
Absolutely true. Let’s also keep in mind that Euro Trucks are an entry level class for the most part with many racers with little experience. Racing on black carpet can be very challenging for a beginner, asphalt would be a lot more forgiving. Here in the east we’re kind of stuck with indoor carpet because of the weather during the beginning of the year. I hope that rule about the horizontal tread glue can be race specific at each venue for carpet racing only. Right now Euro Trucks are King in the TCS.... would not mind at all to see this class continue to be the most popular here in the east.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Right said.
If it don't need the extra glue it won't be used but if it does need the glue or should I say if it would be a benefit with the glue why not let it be used?
I didn't glue the tread surface on my F1 cars on grey carpet, didn't need it.
We all glue the tread on ours now with the black carpet.
It is allowed at our track but not when TCS is hosting?
Still hoping to hear the downside of the additional glue, how it can be seen as a problem that can get "out of control".
If someone glues the whole contact surface of their tire, they just wasted a set of tires cuz they aint gonna work.
anthonyscardina likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.