Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree796Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking SIR Seattle Indoor Rugracing!?

Originally Posted by gcooper
Was curious why did SIR go from blacktop to carpet?

Seemed like it would have been easier to maintain the BT. I did see the new picts but saw nothing on SIR's website about it.
My understanding is the carpet is just for the winter, then their going back to asphalt for the summer.But correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The carpet is mainly to keep the doors open. The local racers want carpet and were not coming out for the Asphalt. With 2 other tracks closing 1 asphalt(went to carpet) the other carpet we were able to pick their carpet up for next to nothing. It is CRC Fastrack2 and was all in excellent condition. Right now we are the only Indoor On-Road in town. Since we put the carpet down the first of Sept our numbers have steadily risen. We have also just created a Silvercan Saturday race night that is looking to be very promising. first night we had 28 drivers with multi-entries. All but 3-4 of them were just bashers who were too intimidated to race on the usual nights. Now they are RACERS and going down the steep slope we all know already. Good news is that most of these guys are driving TA05's, Minis etc. It should bode well for Regionals.

Doug's plan is to pull the carpet in the Summer if we have enough people who will race with the asphalt. If the carpet is the surface to keep the business operating then it will stay down.

As a heads up we are talking with Tamiya for dates so hopefully we will have ours confirmed shortly for you Regional-aholics
Old 11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
The carpet is mainly to keep the doors open. The local racers want carpet and were not coming out for the Asphalt. With 2 other tracks closing 1 asphalt(went to carpet) the other carpet we were able to pick their carpet up for next to nothing. It is CRC Fastrack2 and was all in excellent condition. Right now we are the only Indoor On-Road in town. Since we put the carpet down the first of Sept our numbers have steadily risen. We have also just created a Silvercan Saturday race night that is looking to be very promising. first night we had 28 drivers with multi-entries. All but 3-4 of them were just bashers who were too intimidated to race on the usual nights. Now they are RACERS and going down the steep slope we all know already. Good news is that most of these guys are driving TA05's, Minis etc. It should bode well for Regionals.

Doug's plan is to pull the carpet in the Summer if we have enough people who will race with the asphalt. If the carpet is the surface to keep the business operating then it will stay down.

As a heads up we are talking with Tamiya for dates so hopefully we will have ours confirmed shortly for you Regional-aholics
push for a "march" Regionals date makes it easier for me to come up at that time.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yep, mid March would be nice. Especially if Scotty's regional is February 8-9-10. Them 2 day events (plus a day of practice) really eat up the vacation days for those of us who travel.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rccardr
Yep, mid March would be nice. Especially if Scotty's regional is February 8-9-10. Them 2 day events (plus a day of practice) really eat up the vacation days for those of us who travel.
spring break is in march isn't it? so those who have kid racers who want to go might be able to make the race too.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Talking RE:Regional schedule

Originally Posted by Hebiki
spring break is in march isn't it? so those who have kid racers who want to go might be able to make the race too.
I don't remember if Timmy's spring break is the week before or the week after Easter? In case your taking Chris's suggestion into consideration! I can find out and post it! This would be awesome to have the race during his time off. Nothing for sure but definitely a possibility!
Max
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

If you guys have dates post 'em no guarantees but we'll try. Sometimes we are limited by the Events that Tamiya is supporting that is not RC related or trips with Staff that takes precedence. When we get a firm date I'll post it up so you guys have lots of time to make travel plans.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by maxepower
I don't remember if Timmy's spring break is the week before or the week after Easter? In case your taking Chris's suggestion into consideration! I can find out and post it! This would be awesome to have the race during his time off. Nothing for sure but definitely a possibility!
Max
max, if you decide to go to seattle, dont fly delta 2 years ago i flew delta, and i had a lay over in SLC. too much hassle and i was afraid i'd get my luggage lost. As soon as the schedule came out last year, i bought my ticket to SIR. It was around $230 if i recall. Wrote it off of course thanks to Doug and Dan signing me on to do their websites
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
If you guys have dates post 'em no guarantees but we'll try. Sometimes we are limited by the Events that Tamiya is supporting that is not RC related or trips with Staff that takes precedence. When we get a firm date I'll post it up so you guys have lots of time to make travel plans.
Simple for me, if your date is early March, I go to CHina end of the month. If your race is late March, I go to CHina early. I hope it stays in March as that is a good month for me.

Max - if you and Timmy go up, fly Alaska Airlines and book early. Best rates and direct flights from John Wayne AND Ontario to Sea/Tac !
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am goin! I might just drive up there on my Vespa anyone want to ride with me it would really save on gas. Its only 1,157.04 miles from socal to SIR

Old 11-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Swifty it is only 16hrs away.......at least I did that possibly getting a vehicle down to the Springs in years past.....maybe
Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Like kevin CBR said he said he would have to buy a gold wing for all his stuff

But I think if put a turbo on a Vespa with about 12 pounds of boost I could give him a run for his money

Old 11-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Wink SPRING BREAK SCHEDULE!

Difuser,
Timmy's Spring Break is April 5th thru the 13th. Two weeks after Easter.
Don't know if this is a possiblity but I thought I'd post it anyway!
Thanks
Max
Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Devin, Tony and Juanita,
You guys are getting a new travel partner!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by linger
Devin, Tony and Juanita,
You guys are getting a new travel partner!
AWESOME! ! !

Will you be able to pit with them or will they corral you into a different room?

What car are you running?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.