Search
Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
.... My ons both raced their TT01 and it was nice to see a full heat of novice class and half the grid was under the age of 10
that's great to hear, Carl.. I know my daughter's biggest hangup was having to race against older people - but was happy when i told he she'd most likely be running with kids her own age sadly, we had too many things going on this weekend for us to make it out..

guess I'll have to hope for the August race at Jackson
Old 03-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Just say'in!

Originally Posted by FMW
Hold the phone everyone.

The Tamiya track is NOT closed this Saturday to any level of Tamiya product user. If you own a Tamiya vehicle you are more than welcome to come and run your car this coming Saturday. The Tamiya track is primarily used for Tamiya's customers. On special occasions we do have special events.

That being said... on March 14 I am expecting a large crowd of Grand Prix 2 racers for the practice day. Because of this fact, I have posted a schedule here: http://www.rccarevents.com/event_det...?event_id=2325
Simply go to the schedule tab and you can even print it out.

If you have a 13.5 powered car simply run on the TC 13.5 time slot.
If you have a 21.5 powered car simply run with the 17.5 sportsman group.
Mini and F-1 cars have their allotted times.
The schedule is pretty clear. The schedule is also really precise. If you'd like to run simply prepare your charge time accordingly.
Fred,
I not sure if you understand what could happen if a novice driver is running at the same time as the 17.5 classes,or maybe you do but the results can be very very bad.
Lets say for example Izzy is going the down the straight at 30MPH and a novice driver is swirving then spins out at the end of the straight in front of Izzy, at 30 MPH at the end of the straight not the fault of the novice or Izzy but the results can be very bad. Izzy will be screaming you broke my car what are you doing and the novice will be very reluntant to come back and run his car again because of the damage he caused by accident.
It is very possible and you know that!
I really think in order to keep this from happening you should let the novice drivers have their time on the track based on times when it safe.
Just my 2$
Old 03-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Fred,
I not sure if you understand what could happen if a novice driver is running at the same time as the 17.5 classes,or maybe you do but the results can be very very bad.
Lets say for example Izzy is going the down the straight at 30MPH and a novice driver is swirving then spins out at the end of the straight in front of Izzy, at 30 MPH at the end of the straight not the fault of the novice or Izzy but the results can be very bad. Izzy will be screaming you broke my car what are you doing and the novice will be very reluntant to come back and run his car again because of the damage he caused by accident.
It is very possible and you know that!
I really think in order to keep this from happening you should let the novice drivers have their time on the track based on times when it safe.
Just my 2$
WTF!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

... I'm the worst example you can give because first of all my car by nature will never hit 30 MPH (TA06) and I'm by nature a defender of the weak and bullied (just ask Panda). For the bullies (Max?) you need a mirror check and stop treating practices like its a race all the time among everyone else and push novice drivers around. $10 back to you bud!
Seriously, like I've said before everyone deserves time at the track so for all drivers who think there good enough like Max just try your best to do the right thing and help your fellow novice drivers by teaching them driver etiquette instead of just plowing on them at 30 MPH like, for example purposes only Max.

Just a reminder everyone that this is after all a hobby for EVERYONE to have fun including novice drivers.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

DRIVER ETIQUETTE 101 DURING PRACTICE and EVEN RACING:

If you think you're a better driver and your car is faster (that's Max) than who you are following, be patient and make your move when you find an opening. They will usually break down sooner or later specially in practice and you have all the time in the world to go around.

If you're a less skilled driver or your car is slower (that's me) and you see someone behind you who obviously has Rod like skills, try to give way for that driver by giving up the line during a turn and turning a wider radius allowing Max, I mean the better driver, an opportunity to pass so not to mess up his precious lap time.

If you novice driver like me on a straight away, stay on your current path and let the better driver make his own move regardless if he waits or pass from either side. If you happen to sway left or right because you're a novice and you just did not know any better or panic then ignore the initial reaction from the better driver and give your apologies by saying sorry even though it is not really entirely your fault.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Old 03-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

*facepalm*
Old 03-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Just FYI guys. Me and Max have been friends for a very long time and we tend to fool around all the time. No harm no foul. Just a bunch of guys messin around.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Just make sure you spray all the way to the wall

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I agree with Torq, the last few weeks the line is just a foot wide. It's hard to pass slower cars or move over for faster cars when there is no grip on the outside. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Just a quick note to thank Fred and everyone at Tamiya USA for continuing to sponsor the TCS Series. Just got home from the Horsham, PA TCS race hosted by Brownes Hobby and what a great time we had. 3 full heats of Just Mini. Thanks again Tamiya for keeping the series going. My ons both raced their TT01 and it was nice to see a full heat of novice class and half the grid was under the age of 10
+1. My 8 yo is already asking when is the next race.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It was great to see so many young children in the novice class at the TCS in Horsham on sunday. Remember this is the future of our hobby and if your are a more experienced driver in the upper classes you need to be patient , look for and work with/ drive around the novice racers
Old 03-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sg1735
It was great to see so many young children in the novice class at the TCS in Horsham on sunday. Remember this is the future of our hobby and if your are a more experienced driver in the upper classes you need to be patient , look for and work with/ drive around the novice racers
+ 100000
Old 03-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Due to the "possible" amount of attendees I will make adjustments to the schedule and update the event website the closer we get to the weekend.

If everyone shows up to practice it's very probable we will go to six rounds of controlled practice instead of 8. I'd count on that.

When the schedule changes you will see it posted on rccarevents.com
The singup function is broken.

It says there are spots available for 17.5 and GT10, but when you try to register, all the classes are filled.

No idea what to do, and I'm not running open mod.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quick question about the TCS Race on Sunday the 29th.

How do signups work for the event? On the day of or is there a place to pre-signup?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.