Old 03-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This is getting ridiculous.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by honda1
How about this Take all prize and awards away and let how many show up.
I know this for a fact. If you took away the prizes and the giveaways, the TCS race in Jackson, NJ hosted by Brownie's Hobbies would lose zero entries. Those of us who race there appreciate what Tamiya has done, and what Brownie's has done for the sport of RC racing. We go there to hang out with our friends and have fun racing toy cars.

BTW, the last time I got a prize at a Tamiya race, it was a 12th scale body. I don't run 12th scale. Oh well.

PS anybody wanna buy a Tamiya 12th scale body?
Old 03-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Old 03-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Getting???
Old 03-15-2016, 05:11 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Don't feed the troll. Ignore him. Two options: Either he keeps whining and running the seires anyways and buying Tamiya products, or, he quits racing, and everyone is happy. He just likes the attention and to rile everyone up.

Some of us have heard things about him from his local hobby store....this is pretty normal apparently.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
You're not alone. It has my interest peaked also! I'm gonna be taking a scouting trip to Brownies to see what he has! BTW he's waiting on the Parks Dept for the schedule. Hope its soon!
i saw that post from John...

i can either a) run the mini and just buy the new motor (my entry fee?!?!?! ); or b) still buy the new motor and the TT02 and the porsche body and the high speed gear set and the tires

as much as i wanna run this class - i think running mini with the new motor is cheaper don't need a new body, or tires or a new chassis

if i knew i could make it up to Brownies' regularly, the expense would be a little more justifiable

i dunno... i'm so confused
Old 03-15-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AWK
Don't feed the troll. Ignore him. Two options: Either he keeps whining and running the seires anyways and buying Tamiya products, or, he quits racing, and everyone is happy. He just likes the attention and to rile everyone up.

Some of us have heard things about him from his local hobby store....this is pretty normal apparently.
but he makes himself such an easy target... thinking the majority of the racers run TCS for the prizes

I know i'd race the race no matter what - whether i got something or not

JimL - the last prize I got a TCS race was back in 2005 and it was their aluminum setup board talk about a good (and lucky) prize that day
Old 03-15-2016, 07:26 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
but he makes himself such an easy target... thinking the majority of the racers run TCS for the prizes

I know i'd race the race no matter what - whether i got something or not

JimL - the last prize I got a TCS race was back in 2005 and it was their aluminum setup board talk about a good (and lucky) prize that day
Haha well this is all true! I know personally that I have not spoken to one person at a TCS race who has said anything about the prizes being their only reason for racing. Seems like an awful lot of time and money to spend to win a prize you could go buy for a fraction of what it costs to run and be competitive!
Old 03-15-2016, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

With how bad my mini was this past weekend, I wish I would have got the tires and speed gear set to be able to run the pro spec class with my TT02 since my son could not be at the race to run it in spec novice. The pro spec class looked like a lot of fun, the cars lucked good and were fast.
I think the GT pro spec class could be a true solid spec class that all can enjoy without breaking the bank. Will definitely have 1 for next year if the class is run again.
Originally Posted by k_bojar
i saw that post from John...

i can either a) run the mini and just buy the new motor (my entry fee?!?!?! ); or b) still buy the new motor and the TT02 and the porsche body and the high speed gear set and the tires

as much as i wanna run this class - i think running mini with the new motor is cheaper don't need a new body, or tires or a new chassis

if i knew i could make it up to Brownies' regularly, the expense would be a little more justifiable

i dunno... i'm so confused
Old 03-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1. Enough of the negative BS.

I had a great time at the race and many thanks go out to Eric and the crew at Harbor Hobbies and Tamiya for continuing to offer these events. The pass in the F1 main that was pulled off made the weekend for me, not the car kits and prizes.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Samich

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Nice track

Thanks for the Youtubes
Old 03-16-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryRog
Racing with your friends... Free and fun, thanks to Tamiya
Hey, don't put my picture here.

Btw, stop complaining just have fun race.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:20 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I respect everyone's opinions. Tamiya races are fun. I've been told that Tamiya doesn't do much to help the Hobby shops that host their races. If that's true, that's doesn't make sense sine they're hosting a race to promote Tamiya's products. I hope it's not true. The other thing I don't understand is why they would require the Reedy motor for the GT Pro Spec Class. If you allowed the drivers to run the sport tuned motor and the Tamiya esc, that would really live dup to Tamiya's description of the series with "emphasis on keeping low costs and high fun."
Old 03-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default thoughts on tcs

this is truly comical. although i skipped the tcs race the last several years, i used to attend races yearly (when hobbyworks, then the coliseum hosted the race.)

all of the motor/esc/weight rules keep changing because racers keep pushing the rules to try to win. as soon as a battery/motor/part is shown to give an edge, everyone gets that part. the funny thing is that the same racers win each year anyway, but everyone spends more money for the illusion of an edge. racers race to compete with other racers, prizes don't really matter. if racers would just admit that other drivers are better the foolishness would stop. this is also why there are so many classes in r/c. if you can't win, start another class, or sandbag and enter a class you don't belong in.

i remember years ago when the coliseum ran a tamiya mini class. the racing was close and fun, and everyone had a good time. a very high level racer decided to try it and built a box stock car (m03l with the tube shocks, etc.) over the course of each heat, he lapped the field twice. no one felt bad, or blamed anyone for cheating, he was simply a much better driver and understood setup.

when tcs ran silver can everything was fine, until racers started to tweak and tune the motors to gain an edge. any rule that you come up with, short of running a handout car, will result in racers trying to get an edge. this is the hobby, and this is what keeps all of the hopup companies in business.

if you want to make the race only about driving skill, make the class 100% box stock, select a specific kit (which includes ball bearings, and the brushless esc, and nothing else,) and have handout motors and batteries (the motors and batteries would use plugs, and they would be put in to the car before your race, and returned after.) short of that, the sky is the limit.

in terms of the new reedy motors, i think a fixed timing motor should have been selected. there are many $30 motors from hobbyking that work fine and are cheap. since those weren't selected, i purchased the reedy motor.

racers shouldn't complain about an $80 motor when they have $200 in hopups on each of their cars.

in the end, enjoy tcs for as long as it is around!!!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AWK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.