Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

Site Issues: Technical

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the speedy reply.

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to being able to fully utilize an RSS feed for RC tech.

Don't tell anyone how addicted to the website I am. I looked into my history file a little while ago and rctech is far and beyond how I do the most procrastinating during the day!

I'd bet that rctech contributes a huge amount of negative job productivity to the American economy.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default error replying to read receipt

anyone having the "page done but with error" note on IE when trying to respond to read receipt?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:52 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I know I saw a Javascript error somewhere in IE but couldn't find it, maybe that was it. I'll create a bug in our tracker about this and investigate when I have a chance.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 PM
The Evicerator

I've noticed that I haven't been getting PM message pop-ups even though I do have that option selected in my control panel...

Anyone else have that happening?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
I've noticed that I haven't been getting PM message pop-ups even though I do have that option selected in my control panel...

Anyone else have that happening?
yep..that one too.

Also, in "Subscribed Threads", there used to be checkboxes next to them which you can edit your subscription. They are now gone. Would be nice to have too back
Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Shane, top banner ads sometimes cover over the quick search box when you use the Search function on the main page. SMC ad did it just now.

thx.
Attached Thumbnails Site Issues: Technical-smc-ad-banner-covers-search-function.jpg  
Old 06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by swopemike
Shane, top banner ads sometimes cover over the quick search box when you use the Search function on the main page. SMC ad did it just now.

thx.
What browser and version of Flash are you usin? (if you know)

I could not duplicate this in FF 1.5-2.0 or IE 6-7. There is a property that controls overlap like this in Flash, and I know it is not supported on some browsers... just trying to figure out which ones so I can test it and hopefully come up with a fix.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by futureal
What browser and version of Flash are you usin? (if you know)

I could not duplicate this in FF 1.5-2.0 or IE 6-7. There is a property that controls overlap like this in Flash, and I know it is not supported on some browsers... just trying to figure out which ones so I can test it and hopefully come up with a fix.

Thanks!
It's hapening to me as well with ie 7 ...but it's only the SMC flash banner e.g. kwik's falsh banner is fine the search overlays over the top of it not under it like with the smc one.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Ah, you know what. I do know why. That's an externally hosted banner so it is actually inside a frame. I think I just need to change the index of the frame to be "below" the menu.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by futureal
Ah, you know what. I do know why. That's an externally hosted banner so it is actually inside a frame. I think I just need to change the index of the frame to be "below" the menu.
RC Toro does it also. But you may have the fix, just may want to check all of them. Although so far only 2 did it out of about 10.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i havnt seen it mentioned anywhere, but i've realised that a lot of peoples (including mine) signatures have disappeared, any help?

thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
i havnt seen it mentioned anywhere, but i've realised that a lot of peoples (including mine) signatures have disappeared, any help?

thanks
Yes, Signatures were dumped for the upgrade. There was a warning announcement a few days before the upgrade telling everyone to back-up their signatures to a word processor.

If you didn't save it, you'll have to start from scratch.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Are the PM confirmation receipts deactivated?

I've sent a few PMs since the upgrade, and there is no are to see if they were read or not. I never liked the fact that you could previously deny someone's receipt completely, but eliminating them is WORSE.

It would be nice to know if the recipient ever got my message or not.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nevermind this question about the "Search Thread" feature... there are more than a few different "FAQ" threads about the issues with the forums right now.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

In the subscribed threads window, there are no check marks on the R/H side to select threads to delete, move etc - just a black panel. I've tried clicking where the check box should be, but no luck

Doh.. just read the same report above :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.