Should ads require a picture.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should ads require a picture.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

I think the for sale area should be setup like rcu seeing they are both ib sites
Old 12-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I totally think it should require, with that said it needs to be super easy for computer dummies like me to post pic

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I know this has been done at least two other times I've found. Maybe the third times the charm. Easy question. Should an ad require pictures of the item for sale or for trade ? I most definitely think so.

What is your opinion.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

seeing more and more and more threads with no pics in their for sale thread. why is it not a requirement to post a pic in a FS thread yet?
Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I believe that it should have a pic.. Someone said that it eliminates the tire kickers.. Well having to send pics to someone that is asking takes more time than just posting a pic with your add.. Honestly I just think it is just common sense..
Old 01-05-2017, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

common sense isnt so common
Old 01-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

I always post pics - either a gallery link or embed from my web server.

Should require a pic. unlike ebay, forum classifieds rely on good people making deals. photos help lessen any issues.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

not only a pic, but sold price would be nice so we all know what the used market value is - similar to watched items on "the bay"
Old 01-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

dont care for a sold price. pic should be mandatory
Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I totally agree, no pics and I buzz right by the ad
Old 01-09-2017, 04:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I really wish the "pics wont load for some reason" people would read before jumping off a cliff. The reason your pics wont load is fairly obvious:
Attachment 1405763
I know there ant many different ways to load pics, this one being pretty easy to do. If they wont load the problem is the size, if I can figure it out anyone can do it..
Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If a picture was required to create a for sale ad/thread, there is no guarantee it would be a quality picture of the item that is for sale. In fact, there is no guarantee that it would even be a picture of the item for sale(or trade).

I would advise all potential buyers to exercise their critical thinking skills before buying anything online (and that includes online retailers), unless you are able or willing to risk your money. You have better chances of being happy with a used purchase from a motivated seller that takes time to have a detailed description with good photos of the item(s) being sold.

As far as people buying from sellers without pictures or poor descriptions, I can only offer 2 bits of advice.

- A fool and his money are soon parted.
or
- caveat emptor (http://www.learnersdictionary.com/de...aveat%20emptor)
Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

might not be a 'quality pic' but it'd be a pic, instead of a written statement saying 'xyz is in great condition, take my word for it or send your number to a complete stranger so you can get pics'
Old 01-10-2017, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
I really wish the "pics wont load for some reason" people would read before jumping off a cliff. The reason your pics wont load is fairly obvious:
Attachment 1405763
I know there ant many different ways to load pics, this one being pretty easy to do. If they wont load the problem is the size, if I can figure it out anyone can do it..
Thats pretty funny! I dont know how in this day and age of most persons getting the newest iPhone etc. How there is an issue posting pics. Even using the RCtech uploader, its not Rocket Science. And you can post ~ 4 pics, and then if more are needed, i.e. detail shots, or other items, post them in the next reply.

It just boils down to being lazy! And its becoming more common as of lately too. If you want to sell an item post good pics, and later if there is a dispute, with pics there is more of a leg to stand on rather than without. Plus I am sure that every does not just sell, but also buys, so how do the sellers without pics feel about an pictureless ad potentially about an item they may want to buy? Not to mention those pictureless sellers seem to not have problems when they upload pics of their cars into car and tech related threads!

And blurry pics, I don't understand, unless you are using a Sonim Phone, or a old Razor flip phone. I am sure when its time to take a family photo, or a picture of your Dog, or an event, on that same phone, the pics don't turn out looking horribly?

Oh well, no pic - no buy.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Thats pretty funny! I dont know how in this day and age of most persons getting the newest iPhone etc. How there is an issue posting pics. Even using the RCtech uploader, its not Rocket Science. And you can post ~ 4 pics, and then if more are needed, i.e. detail shots, or other items, post them in the next reply.

It just boils down to being lazy! And its becoming more common as of lately too. If you want to sell an item post good pics, and later if there is a dispute, with pics there is more of a leg to stand on rather than without. Plus I am sure that every does not just sell, but also buys, so how do the sellers without pics feel about an pictureless ad potentially about an item they may want to buy? Not to mention those pictureless sellers seem to not have problems when they upload pics of their cars into car and tech related threads!

And blurry pics, I don't understand, unless you are using a Sonim Phone, or a old Razor flip phone. I am sure when its time to take a family photo, or a picture of your Dog, or an event, on that same phone, the pics don't turn out looking horribly?

Oh well, no pic - no buy.
nuff sed
Old 01-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, ppl are lazy, but it also doensn't hurt to use a carrot instead of a stick. Make things easy enough and you'll be surprised at how many more people will do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.