Wiki Posts
Search

Should ads require a picture.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lexyp
Yeah, ppl are lazy, but it also doensn't hurt to use a carrot instead of a stick. Make things easy enough and you'll be surprised at how many more people will do it.
Just trying to make sense of the post, by make it easy, are you referring to the ability to post pictures? If so, I do not think its complicated and rather easy and simple. Perhaps the style of uploader is not what people are familiar with, but again, not hard.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

YES
Old 01-14-2017, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Just trying to make sense of the post, by make it easy, are you referring to the ability to post pictures? If so, I do not think its complicated and rather easy and simple. Perhaps the style of uploader is not what people are familiar with, but again, not hard.
Yes, quite frankly, the website design is circa 1990. What about an easy drag and drop feature? Even if you think it's easy, it may not be immediately obvious.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Personally, as a buyer, I prefer having a bigger market than a smaller one with a few pretty pictures. I haven't been following the thread to see if this has been proposed, but why not have an option to filter out ads without pics to not offend all those that don't want to see them?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes Saves a lot of hassle
Old 01-17-2017, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

s/o to the admins of this section for not caring enough
Old 01-17-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Looking at the site, it seems like they use a commercial software called vbulletin. Given that they chose something like this over open source leads me to speculate that the people running the show are not that tech savvy and wouldn't know how to make changes to the site even if they went the self hosting route.
The only other choice would be to have "marshalls" deleting posts with no pictures. If you want an idea of what that would look like, go to the traxxas for sale forums. They've managed to pretty effectively stamp out any users trying to sell stuff (maybe on purpose) through their use of "marshalls".
Old 01-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Having Pics on your post means nothing.... People who respond and want pics sent to them are 100 times more interested then someone who just wants to kick tires... Sold a half a dozen items with zero pics.. Plus the format of RCtech to upload pics is ancient and a waste of time...
Old 01-27-2017, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lexyp
Personally, as a buyer, I prefer having a bigger market than a smaller one with a few pretty pictures. I haven't been following the thread to see if this has been proposed, but why not have an option to filter out ads without pics to not offend all those that don't want to see them?
I really like that idea so the forum is more "buyer friendly".

BUT, if creating some kind of filter is too much for whoever it is that runs this to deal with, then maybe at least have an indicator like "pic" in the thread title like what Craigslist does. I find that extremely helpful with skipping all the ads that don't have pics. The downside where my time still gets wasted is those few jerks that grab some commercial pic off a website somewhere - I really hate that.

Having a filter or an indicator like that would keep the forum useable for everybody:

Sellers who don't add pics and won't
Buyers who don't care about pics
Sellers who take the time to add an actual pic of what they're really selling (sellers like me)
Buyers who only want ads with pics (buyers like me)

Mandates and rules and marshalls and things would make this unusable for some but "pic" in a listing title gives everyone an option. Personally, I choose the option (when it's there) to just scroll past a listing I know has no pic, no problem. If I have to open a post to see there's no pics, my time gets wasted.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default I like your response.

Originally Posted by GroffBall
I've gotten some great deals from guys that didn't post a pic. Some guys just don't have the computer knowledge to do so. Sometimes a phone call and conversation goes a lot farther than pics and emails do... Sometimes

I've found if its a younger person that doesn't post pictures they are either lazy or are selling junk, but sometimes its just a middle aged guy that isn't computer savy, or would just rather speak to someone than through email or PM
That's exactly it some just can't get pictures attached,,,I've had issues as we don't have Internet other then on our cell phones it asks for http files when on the phone its jpg...do you know if it's even possible to download pictures from a cell phone? I have couple nice rc I've been trying to sell but haven't been able to post pics and it definitely effects the sale any info would be much appreciated... Thanks Ryan
Old 02-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I'm trying to add pics and for the life of me I can't upload them from my surface book and a link to photobucket isn't working either, any help would be appreciated.....
Old 02-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motobigalow
I'm trying to add pics and for the life of me I can't upload them from my surface book and a link to photobucket isn't working either, any help would be appreciated.....
99% of the time when people can't upload a picture it's because it's too big. It would be nice if the site told you that but it just errors out. You can use a program called Irfanview, it's a fast, free download and you can quickly resize pics to upload them. I usually go either 800x800 pix or 1000x1000 pix and they upload fine and are reasonable sized.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

thank you!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Personally I want pics

I'm deployed overseas and don't have a cell phone. I cant text you for pics and I have to respond and replay to over a 100 emails a day for work. I surely don't want to play email tag with someone for a couple parts and maybe a car.

Honestly, if you can't post pics I assume you're selling crap and are ashamed to show RCT how badly you take care of your stuff.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Juice
99% of the time when people can't upload a picture it's because it's too big. It would be nice if the site told you that but it just errors out. You can use a program called Irfanview, it's a fast, free download and you can quickly resize pics to upload them. I usually go either 800x800 pix or 1000x1000 pix and they upload fine and are reasonable sized.
Infranview
Imagebam

There's a million sites you can upload pics, people are just too lazy or selling crap. Asking 5th scale prices for a 15 year old TRX bandit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.