Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 05:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rvj007
Ok..The steering problem. Its the steering linkage from the servo all the way along to the left and right movement. Not the wheels. They appear fine.

It bangs off there sway bar kit on the figure of 8 plastic ends. Then it also moves the servo that rubs on there Esc as its very close to it.

I also noticed that the steering needs the end points on the controller adjusting. Any idea how to do that. Its putting far to much unnecessary force on there servo. A possible answer is adjust the St Rate dial on the controller, but not sure what this is exactly for.

Also any one have any idea on how to control or adjust the AVC? Not sure how to do it.

As you all known guys the instructions for this model are very poor so any advice or tips on set up, tweaks or anything else would bet greatly appreciated.

Hope all this makes sense.
I'm still new at this too. I can't post a url yet but if you search Losi AVC the first result gives a good explanation of how it works and how to disable and adjust it.
Hope that helps some.
Rick
Old 10-17-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GoPro mounting

Thought I would share how I plan to get some in car video. This mounting point looks right out the windshield. I'll post a video once I have a chance to make one.
Rick
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-image.jpg  
Old 10-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes buy how do I adjust it on my DX2e controller it came with.

I need to know:
1) how to adjust AVC
2) How to adjust the end points on the steering

Thanks
Old 10-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes buy how do I adjust it on my DX2e controller it came with.

I need to know:
1) how to adjust AVC
2) How to adjust the end points on the steering

Thanks
It tells you that. There is a way to shut it off on the speed control and you can adjust the amount by the st knob. Google Losi avc.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Maybe Losi's got a point?

Btw, turning clockwise all the way is 100% active, adjust accordingly as you wish!
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-r8-manual.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-r8-manual2.png  
Old 10-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

So the ST rate knob is the AVC adjuster? Correct .

Then how do I do the end point adjustment?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

So the ST rate knob is the AVC adjuster? Correct .

Then how do I do the end point adjustment?

Thanks
Try this in the youtube search: Spektrum DX2E Travel Adjust Setting. Still can't post url yet.
As he demonstrates for 100% I'm sure you can only turn the knob to 80% or so, maybe some trial and error but it looks like you can do it.
Rick
Old 10-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trident and it doesn't work. Looks like it may have to be a new DX4 controller which can adjust end points. The dx2 is so basic it can't.

Any one any ideas on body clip conversion. These screws are driving me mad. Let me know if you have a name for a product and where to get them from....cheers
Old 10-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't think you can adjust the steering end points, as the adjustment knob is used for the AVC.
Unless you disable the AVC with the Bind pin in the Disable plug?

Maybe you can adjust them during bind calibration.

The DX2E is a bit basic anyway, its just a cheap "keep the cost down" kit radio.
I've just changed mine for a DX4S.
Didn't have any steering problems before though?

Does the steering bind at both ends when turned? or just one side?

Maybe the servo horn just need removing and fitting back on when the radio steering is centred?

There are some good video's from Losi on how to set up the AVC/Radio.

Bit of advice though,
WATCH THE AVC BIND AND CALIBRATE VIDEO..

I didn't calibrate mine today and the braking wasn't setup/working, and slammed the car straight into something....at full pelt...

£50/60 worth of parts required now and a wait for parts to turn up....

Nobody to blame but myself...
Didn't know the AVC receiver needed calibration during binding. Never used AVC before
Old 10-18-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Trident and it doesn't work. Looks like it may have to be a new DX4 controller which can adjust end points. The dx2 is so basic it can't.

Any one any ideas on body clip conversion. These screws are driving me mad. Let me know if you have a name for a product and where to get them from....cheers
Here is how my mod for the body using Pro-Line Body Mount Secure-Loc Cap Kit (PRO6070-02), not a perfect fit but easier to take it off, Works for me!
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_1672.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_1677.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_1676.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_1673.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_1674.jpg  

Old 10-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jeff0077
Here is how my mod for the body using Pro-Line Body Mount Secure-Loc Cap Kit (PRO6070-02), not a perfect fit but easier to take it off, Works for me!
I like your mod better than mine, the thread should be stronger than mine.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Animal666
I like your mod better than mine, the thread should be stronger than mine.
Thanks! Having them on running a few times with no problem, probably will cut some foam to fit in between the body to have a better fit!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff0077
I like it. Though I've only taken body off twice.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default My Pride and Joy

What do you think of my new baby.

A few issues. Firstly Ive had to re-calibrate the Transmitter. She was only running 50% and turning very slow. Like training mode. Then I have also managed to adjust the end points as I had a problem with them bashing off the sway bar and only turning 80%. Now all reset back to factory.

HOWEVER.....TYRES...TYRES....TYRES.... Mine only lasted 4 minutes before the mesh came through.

However no damage to car and for 50% was a good all round drive. Can't wait to go out on full beans 6s.

So any and all ideas of tyres we need to share as £130 for 4 tyres is not my cup of tea.

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_5355.jpg

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_5356.jpg

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_5357.jpg

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_5358.jpg

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-img_5359.jpg
Old 10-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks nice rvj007! The 2nd Stark Industries Audi R8 very cool.

Enjoy the car. I'm still waiting on the revised adapters from Rc-hornet to hit the door step.

I added a new fender-mod to round out the wider GRP Jericho wheel setup.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-r8-fender.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.