Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow...nice fender mod. Talk to me about it. You seem to be a car genius. We clearly have the same taste Mr STARK......

Tell me how and what and ill have a go. P/M me if you don't want to say..
Old 10-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Tech Initiate

wow looks good sir. Let me know how you did those fenders. Ill have a go myself.

We clearly share the same interest in cars and design .........Mr STARK
Old 10-21-2015, 05:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cudacharger
Looks nice rvj007! The 2nd Stark Industries Audi R8 very cool.

Enjoy the car. I'm still waiting on the revised adapters from Rc-hornet to hit the door step.

I added a new fender-mod to round out the wider GRP Jericho wheel setup.
Nice work. Looked at picture before and missed them.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

+1 . That fender mod looks cool.

Has anyone contact losi about the tire life issues? If so, what did they say?
Old 10-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rvj007
Wow...nice fender mod. Talk to me about it. You seem to be a car genius. We clearly have the same taste Mr STARK......

Tell me how and what and ill have a go. P/M me if you don't want to say..
Thanks.... When the Losi R8 first was released I knew right away I was going to pick this car up. Everything on the car I liked except the stock wheels and tires. Losi did an excellent job getting this car to market but missed the boat on the wheel/tire combination. The stock wheels imo needed to be wider to finish the scale look on the vehicle. From the side the car looks fine...but from the rear and quarter angles the wheels are just to skinny for my taste and need more rubber to match the power plant Losi put in the car.

After installing the new GRP/wheel combination I knew the white GRP wheels needed painting or dipping matte black. I might do a white R8 body down the road which the GRP stock white wheels would look okay. I'm a visual guy and after installing the wider GRP wheels the car took on a completely different visual appearance allowing more wheel to fender clearance top to bottom allowing the visual eye to see through to the chassis and motor. The fender mod covers the extension of the wheels sticking out and almost looks like it came from the factory...which was the goal.

I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out and decided to first mount them temporarily with very thin two-sided airplane tape before mounting permanently to the body. The fenders are rubber in construction and came off a Toyota 1/10 scale hilux. If you look close you can also see a few subtle graphic mod's on the side air induction intakes and swoop graphic above the 6IX.

I have a 6th scale race driver for the cockpit...still working on a carbon racing seat to sit over the dynamite motor & dashboard steering wheel mold. Hope to get this finished up soon since the car hasn't been run yet. I also added a black line pin stripe to the rear quarter just above the fender and rear window to better define the factory body cut line ...the silver striping on the widows need to be redone there bubbling a bit.

Hard to see this vehicle perched on my desk everyday without a single run. After it's scheduled trade show appearance it's on the tarmac for some bashing!
Old 10-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Fenders

What fenders are they from. I can't find any hilux fenders for sale. Can you point me in the right direction. Are they on eBay? How did you fix em on.
Thanks.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

wow those fenders if I am looking at the right ones are not cheap lol

like $40.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I purchased them awhile ago for another car but they were to big but perfect for the R8... you can find them from this seller...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tamiya-R...IAAOSwF1dUUT9j

There mounted with airplane tape seal I'm going to use titanium screws in the mounting holes.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Gluing new tires on old wheels

So I took the plunge and ordered a new set of wheels and tires, they do seem different than what came on there, a little harder maybe, or just me wishful thinking. I am waiting on the adaptors like a lot of you are but had a thought of ordering just the new stock tires and gluing them to the wheels. This hasn't been discussed yet, maybe because the tires are nearly $80 a set which is still pricey but since there is no alternative right now this is an option. Since I am super new to the on road RC scene is this a good option? Are there any big disadvantages to doing this? I'm sure you have to do a good job gluing since the speeds the car will hit a little out of balance could effect performance. Just look for some thoughts and advice.
Thanks,
Rick
Old 10-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain
+1 . That fender mod looks cool.

Has anyone contact losi about the tire life issues? If so, what did they say?
Yes. I contacted Losi yesterday on their Facebook page. They are aware that owners are having tire wear issues. They said that 6-9 runs was normal during their testing before it was released. And say they are working on it.
I, like the others are waiting for 1/5 adaptors to become avalilable.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:56 AM
Tech Initiate

chaps. Any one clocked any speeds yet? What are you finding is the best pinion. Standard 21 or maybe a 16/17. Let me know
Old 10-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

What kind of axle does it use?
If it uses 8mm 1:8 scale axles, grind a flat spot on them, and you can use the FG style square hubs.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

What 1/5 tires and wheels would you use ?
I'm hesitant to buying this 1/6 because of the short tire life.

Also is it possible to fit two 4s lipo's in parallel to get a lot longer runtime ?
How big are the batt compartments. ?
Old 10-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by yankphan
What 1/5 tires and wheels would you use ?
I'm hesitant to buying this 1/6 because of the short tire life.

Also is it possible to fit two 4s lipo's in parallel to get a lot longer runtime ?
How big are the batt compartments. ?
According to Losi, yes you can run 2 4s batteries for long runtime. Haven't tried it. Only seen one video of it on 4s and just looked slow. I just think it's too big to run 4s.
I'll see if my 4s batteries fit tonight. Comparment is bigger then it looks.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Speeds.

Has any one any idea of speed yet on this car. Standard hearing on 6s?

Also try the 16/17 tooth pinion losi recommend for better acceleration.

Let me know if you get a result.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.