R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #961
Tech Regular

mustafa just to keep in mind the engine weight quiet something 310gr. but the engines internals look sweet though... it sure is fast
Old 04-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #962
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer* View Post
mustafa just to keep in mind the engine weight quiet something 310gr. but the engines internals look sweet though... it sure is fast
That is a mistake on JP's website. I have the stock version of this engine, which is if anything a tad bit heavier than the modified because of the steel bearings and the non-modified sleeve. I just put it on a scale, including glowplug and storage plugs, and it was 218 grams.
QuiXoTic_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #963
Tech Regular

oohh ok thought so myself that there could be a mistake there it was too heavy...
Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #964
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

I'm looking into a JP Plus 12. This isn't the most common engine out there, as I haven't seen too many and it's not on the website for sale anymore. Any clue what a good pipe would be for this one? Also, if the P/S/R goes, what could I use to replace it with? Would the eagle set work?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #965
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
I'm looking into a JP Plus 12. This isn't the most common engine out there, as I haven't seen too many and it's not on the website for sale anymore. Any clue what a good pipe would be for this one? Also, if the P/S/R goes, what could I use to replace it with? Would the eagle set work?
I'm not sure if the Eagle P/S/R works in that engine, maybe. Since you haven't bought it yet, I would recommend getting a current engine. The Firstline and Eagle are great and if you get one, parts and support are readily available.
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #966
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
I'm not sure if the Eagle P/S/R works in that engine, maybe. Since you haven't bought it yet, I would recommend getting a current engine. The Firstline and Eagle are great and if you get one, parts and support are readily available.
The motor is used, so it's what you see is what you get. But for the price, I wasn't sure if I wanted to pass it up. I've seen the Firstlines and may go that route anyway.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #967
Tech Regular

Quote:
The motor is used, so it's what you see is what you get. But for the price, I wasn't sure if I wanted to pass it up. I've seen the Firstlines and may go that route anyway.
The Firstline 12 2009 version is a great engine. Wicked fast and a great price. Everybody that buys one is super happy and can't believe how fast it is. So keep in mind when you bid or consider the used motor that for $279 you can get a brand new latest and greatest JP modified engine.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #968
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello I want to comment on th jp +12. The +12 piston does not fit in the eagle however, the piston,rod fit. The collar on the eagle sleeve is wider thus it was designed for the eagle. The crankshafts have different timing. The jp +12 has more bottom and mid range while the eagle has more topend and a smoother powerband. You can also look into getting a murnan modified +12 piston&sleeve. save your money and get the first line p3l it has more bottomend and it gets better runtime. The eagle is faster its your choice.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #969
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
Hello I want to comment on th jp +12. The +12 piston does not fit in the eagle however, the piston,rod fit. The collar on the eagle sleeve is wider thus it was designed for the eagle.
Not sure about that. The eagle was based on the Plus 12. Same block, same head button, same rod, same 11.5 crank, same p/s/r combo. check the part numbers on the pdfs:

http://www.jpracing.com/img/products...12_TL-3_en.pdf

http://www.novarossi.it/files/explod...S12-3T_3CT.pdf

The Border Shop even has the set showing the Plus 12 will fit an eagle:

http://www.the-border.com/product.ph...cat=565&page=1

Not sure where you got the wider collar from. Not to flame, and I could very well be wrong. But from the part numbers, it very well could work.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #970
Tech Regular

Both of you might be partly right. J-Paul uses components from Novarossi engines but he also makes changes to improve them. Timing, port shape and size... The part#s are the original# plus a letter.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #971
Tech Regular

BTW I'll be attending the Kamikaze Race this weekend. If you need anything let me know or stop by my pit area if you need any help.

FYI Latest inventory update:

http://www.desotoracing.com/Inventory.pdf

Most motor models are in stock (.12 & .21).
Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #972
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
Both of you might be partly right. J-Paul uses components from Novarossi engines but he also makes changes to improve them. Timing, port shape and size... The part#s are the original# plus a letter.
That's understandable about the changes. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a mod! I was pointing out that the base engine and parts looked to be the same and should fit, all things being equal, with whatever changes to the timing making it whichever mod motor it ends up in (if that makes sense).

Will you make it up to the Capital Classic this year?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #973
Tech Initiate

I've been using Novarossi Plus12 p/s/r sets in an Eagle Stock without any problems. And without noticing any differences in performance.
QuiXoTic_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #974
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiXoTic_NL View Post
I've been using Novarossi Plus12 p/s/r sets in an Eagle Stock without any problems. And without noticing any differences in performance.
that is true.i don't think that the stock jp has any difference from the nova.
just the name.
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #975
Tech Regular

Quote:
That's understandable about the changes. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a mod! I was pointing out that the base engine and parts looked to be the same and should fit, all things being equal, with whatever changes to the timing making it whichever mod motor it ends up in (if that makes sense).

Will you make it up to the Capital Classic this year?
Yes, I'll be there; should be awesome.