R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #496
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
You never change your plug after more than 30 tanks? I usually change to new plug and fine tuning after the engine is broken in completely.
Hi Darling, Congrats for your big win on 3rd DTM-JITC 2005.
Your "prototype engine" is perfect for your smooth driving style.
Awesome mid to high power.
Can wait to see your action in upcoming nats...
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #497
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFinger
Hi Darling, Congrats for your big win on 3rd DTM-JITC 2005.
Your "prototype engine" is perfect for your smooth driving style.
Awesome mid to high power.
Can wait to see your action in upcoming nats...
Thanks, yes I ask him why is my engine has awesome top end but just average bottom power. The answer is you want low power use 3 port instead of 5 and only use JP Racing pipe to get the best out of it. Haha simple...

Can't wait to pitting for you in the upcoming nats
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:55 PM   #498
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Thanks, yes I ask him why is my engine has awesome top end but just average bottom power. The answer is you want low power use 3 port instead of 5 and only use JP Racing pipe to get the best out of it. Haha simple...

Can't wait to pitting for you in the upcoming nats
Thank you.. you mean with "that" engine ??
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #499
Tech Regular

while breakin in a few of my new motors I managed to track down a cheap cheap new piston and sleeve set for my old faithful jp black mod. the new sleeve is a non modified novarossi job. I was wondering would it be possible to replicated the sleeve modifications diy style which were carried out by jp on the old sleeve?? This motor will be a backup, but it would be cool to get it running as fast as it did b4.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
JP engines-jp-back.jpg  
Hesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #500
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky
while breakin in a few of my new motors I managed to track down a cheap cheap new piston and sleeve set for my old faithful jp black mod. the new sleeve is a non modified novarossi job. I was wondering would it be possible to replicated the sleeve modifications diy style which were carried out by jp on the old sleeve?? This motor will be a backup, but it would be cool to get it running as fast as it did b4.

cheers
I've tried putting NSR piston and sleeve in a black JP without success. I couldn't figure out why the engine would run very fast and all the sudden slow down to a point the car won't shift to 2nd, and then very fast again, all in the same tank without overheating.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 PM   #501
Tech Regular

this isnt a later ns or nsr sleeve though, not sure why you mentioned that
Old 09-15-2005, 11:02 PM   #502
Tech Elite

I guess I'd like to know if you have any success there. Another friend of mine swapped the P/S of his JP and couldn't get it to work right either.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:06 PM   #503
Tech Regular

he he, your a very positive guy. thanks for the help
Old 09-16-2005, 03:48 AM   #504
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I've tried putting NSR piston and sleeve in a black JP without success. I couldn't figure out why the engine would run very fast and all the sudden slow down to a point the car won't shift to 2nd, and then very fast again, all in the same tank without overheating.
Mine is okay...... hhmm, what do you mean with black JP ? Is it JP FX5 ?

I give my FX5 new lease of life with complete p/s/r from novarossi nsr s5.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:49 AM   #505
Tech Elite

Quote:

cheers
ASW7576 had done it several times. At least his engine still run fast enough(not as fast as original JP). PM him for the equipments he used for it. I once swapped P/S Berelium from Palmaris, and the engine works great until now.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:20 AM   #506
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Mine is okay...... hhmm, what do you mean with black JP ? Is it JP FX5 ?

I give my FX5 new lease of life with complete p/s/r from novarossi nsr s5.
Yeah it was a FX5. I just couldn't get it to work right with p/r from NSR S5.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #507
Regional Moderator

The new style of JP engines is in production!!
Just look for this part number...
Attached Thumbnails
JP engines-picture-004.jpg  
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:34 PM   #508
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Yeah it was a FX5. I just couldn't get it to work right with p/r from NSR S5.
So basically you tried the swap with a newer engine and sleeve and also a more unforgiving 5port setup, why was that relevant at all??! If you had said you had tried a stock RS12 3port sleeve in a jp black rs12 modified 3port engine and it didnt work then fair enough, cant see why it wouldnt though.
Ive measured it up and as suspected the timing of the boost and transfer ports are the same, the port sizes are all the same to. the only difference is the chamfered bottom edges of the boost ports which help smooth the flow of air and fuel from the crankcase and the long grooves to better guide the intake charge as it enters the cylinder.
The fact that asw used the same sleeve in the same engine as you and it worked makes me think your problem was down to another course. you should get reduced performance not drastic running issues as the modifications on these jp sleeves are more for flow not drastic timing adjustments.

Last edited by Hesky; 09-16-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #509
Tech Elite

Quote:
So basically you tried the swap with a newer engine and sleeve and also a more unforgiving 5port setup, why was that relevant at all??! If you had said you had tried a stock RS12 sleeve in a jp black rs12 modified engine and it didnt work then fair enough, cant see why it wouldnt though.
Ive measured it up and as suspected the timing of the boost and transfer ports are the same, the port sizes are all the same to. the only difference is the chamfered bottom edges of the boost ports which help smooth the flow of air and fuel from the crankcase and the long grooves to better guide the intake charge as it enters the cylinder.
Hesky, it was a JP FX T-05, the latest JP Black engine. It has the same dimension as the NSR S5. I am just offering my experience, as most people are here in the forum. I didn't tell you what to do, or for that matter of fact what not to do, so what's with the hostility?
Old 09-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #510
Tech Regular

no hostility jeff I guess I should just try it and see how it works and go from there. The thing is 3port and 5port motors are completely different animals and you cant really compare one to the other.