Like Tree1Likes

JP engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by dino.tw
Yes.

Before you mod your engine,you need to think WHAT is not enough or WHAT is too much. If you don't have any idea,don't take risk. You can get the same result on gearing and pipe tuning. When it is not enough to you,then just think about mod it.
I don't mode the engines, I build them
I know exactly what needs to be done, the reason why I did it, was to check how Sirio based set work in Nova case, but I use Nova based rod and it is 0.5 mm shorter then has to be. BTW All parts I am using is only made by me.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I don't mode the engines, I build them
I know exactly what needs to be done, the reason why I did it, was to check how Sirio based set work in Nova case, but I use Nova based rod and it is 0.5 mm shorter then has to be. BTW All parts I am using is only made by me.
ooooof course you know engine. Those words is not talking to you. I was talking to other guys. Don't be so sentimental Uncle Edward.....

Last edited by dino.tw; 11-03-2004 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by InitialD
What thickness is that shim? 0.5 mm?
0.3 mm. And he take away all shim on underhead....
Old 11-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Higher all ports at the same time(not only exhaust height). I have tried this way before.
What does it produce? More torque? Higher RPM?

Considering the track for WC in Brazil, there are absolutely no compromise between both RPM (because of the long straight and high speed sweeper) and torque because of track elevation.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
0.3 mm height change is 6 degree difference on 12 engine, it will not chnage a lot, it will defenetly add top speed in exchange of little bit bottom end-one of the modding for particular track (high flow tracks)
What about it's fuel mileage? Is it better or even worse when you do this type/style of shimming? Thx
Old 11-04-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by daniz24
What about it's fuel mileage? Is it better or even worse when you do this type/style of shimming? Thx
Because exhaust timing is raised - defefnetly run time will go down. On speed type of race ( tether boats and cars,c/l airplanes) it is realy doesn't metter-there is no limitation on tank-just show max speed. In our case we got to be very carefull. Raising timings on exhaust and transfer events ( up to ertain) ammount) will help to pull out more power, but it will also reqiured to work out pipe, gearing etc.-it is different kind of power.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

ooooof course you know engine. Those words is not talking to you. I was talking to other guys. Don't be so sentimental Uncle Edward.....
Sorry Master Dino, I took it wrong!
Old 11-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default JPS5 vs NS12S5

Guys, gotta ask this question... Which 1 is better a JPS5 or NS12S5... Both in 2nd hand condition...
Old 11-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i allso had the red silicone come out and sent the motor back to mugen usa and it took over 3 months to get it back, yes the motor screams and yes i put in the ceramics in myself,both front and rear,i don't recomend the fronts as they only last a few races,the older style cases with the large front bearings will last a long time,i have had them run all season with no problem
Old 11-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by TrickPonYracing
i allso had the red silicone come out and sent the motor back to mugen usa and it took over 3 months to get it back, yes the motor screams and yes i put in the ceramics in myself,both front and rear,i don't recomend the fronts as they only last a few races,the older style cases with the large front bearings will last a long time,i have had them run all season with no problem
I agree with you. The front ceramic bearings seem to have problems. At least the Boca ones... Perhaps it has too tight tolerances. I don't know if the JP FX engines have BOTH ceramics for the front and rear. If they do, then they somehow perfected the art to put the front ceramic bearing without anybody complaning about bearing failure...
Old 11-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
I agree with you. The front ceramic bearings seem to have problems. At least the Boca ones... Perhaps it has too tight tolerances. I don't know if the JP FX engines have BOTH ceramics for the front and rear. If they do, then they somehow perfected the art to put the front ceramic bearing without anybody complaning about bearing failure...
How does the front ceramic fail? Does it start to leak?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by JustRace
How does the front ceramic fail? Does it start to leak?
I believe the ceramic ball will start to disintegrate and start a chain reaction.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

i have trashed more engines the front balls disintegrate and go thur the barrel and take the case , crank , piston and sleve. it only takes a second to happen and its gone. i also think that the mtx 3 shifts so violent that it help the front balls in any motor go away the new motors have the small front bearing and that is another problem
Old 11-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TrickPonYracing
i have trashed more engines the front balls disintegrate and go thur the barrel and take the case , crank , piston and sleve. it only takes a second to happen and its gone. i also think that the mtx 3 shifts so violent that it help the front balls in any motor go away the new motors have the small front bearing and that is another problem
It is not bearing problem. It is the way how lubrication system was designed problem. To prevent oil leaks from front bearing (which is not bad thing in reasonable ammount) on most RC cars engines engineers make path from induction area (under the carb) to suck oil from that area. So no oil is going to front bearing and it is failing pretty fast. If you cerouse to see, you can look under the carb, on front side of the carb's hole, right before crancshaft, you fill find small hole driled looking to front bearing, then on crancshaft you know the is grew right before it is going to 7 mm diameter. So vacuum which is creating in carb is sucking out oil back from that are and no oil going to front bearing. Very simple and this is killing front bearings. I can sugest to plug that hole and it will fix front bearing problem, but be ready it will be some ammount of oil coming out from front bearing. It is up to you do it or not.
Edward
Old 11-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

so if i plug the hole to oil the bearing and just leave both seals in and the grease you think it will help? i have often though about this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.