Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hi Mark.
194 F is realy low temp, specialy when set is new. I will sugest you to go for 230-240. Try to make it leaner on bottom and reacher on top (compare to conventional set up).

Edward
Ok, I'll do that

Thanks Edward!

Mark.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hi Ziggy.
Nice to hear that you find your best set up. Are you running latest version of sets-what it is sad on top of piston? just the # or something else? Apretiate for your information.
Edward
Hi

Its in the car and i wont be online for a week or so as I am going away tomorrow. What am i looking for?

Cheers
Old 03-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Hi

Its in the car and i wont be online for a week or so as I am going away tomorrow. What am i looking for?

Cheers
Every piston has its #, but if you will find one more then regular.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

When would you expect to change the wrist pin in the set? every 10 hrs running?

Cheers
Old 03-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Another good report to add to the list

Hi Ed and Kitracer,

We had our Malaysian Mugen Cup qualifying yesterday. 2 BRB p/s ran in a group of 80 drivers. When the word was out that we were running 3 ports, we heard a lot of "thunks!!!" (jaw dropping on the floor) We were eating the 5 ports alive

We had fuel problem though. Crash1 did not complete one heat as he ran out of fuel. He leaned the bottom for the 3rd heat and got enuf fuel to complete. In all 3 heats I had enuf for just 5.10minutes for the 2nd and 3rd heat i leaned the top end so the engine kind of over heated. Think I should loosen the top and lean the bottom instead But it was obvious that crash1 engine was much faster than mine, so its the bottom end leaning that counts Btw, we both qualified for the Asean Mugen Cup this May
Old 03-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Yeah the engines were fast and have the "killer" sound when it was screaming on the straight!!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Another good report to add to the list

Originally posted by cow buster
We had fuel problem though. Crash1 did not complete one heat as he ran out of fuel. He leaned the bottom for the 3rd heat and got enuf fuel to complete. In all 3 heats I had enuf for just 5.10minutes for the 2nd and 3rd heat i leaned the top end so the engine kind of over heated. Think I should loosen the top and lean the bottom instead But it was obvious that crash1 engine was much faster than mine, so its the bottom end leaning that counts
Yes, I think crashed_1 was still breaking in the piston sleeve.

Anyway, on that track layout, I think it would have benefitted you if you used a slightly lower gearing (bigger pinion, smaller spurs). The 710's biggest 2nd gear spur and smallest 2nd gear pinion is already yielding 5.1 FDR.

Btw, we both qualified for the Asean Mugen Cup this May
Congrats ! I envy you guys. Thinking about the race the whole weekend and not able to do anything about it is frustrating indeed.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BundyMan
Yeah the engines were fast and have the "killer" sound when it was screaming on the straight!!

Yes, it does have a killer sound on the straights.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Ed and Kitracer,

We had our Malaysian Mugen Cup qualifying yesterday. 2 BRB p/s ran in a group of 80 drivers. When the word was out that we were running 3 ports, we heard a lot of "thunks!!!" (jaw dropping on the floor) We were eating the 5 ports alive

We had fuel problem though. Crash1 did not complete one heat as he ran out of fuel. He leaned the bottom for the 3rd heat and got enuf fuel to complete. In all 3 heats I had enuf for just 5.10minutes for the 2nd and 3rd heat i leaned the top end so the engine kind of over heated. Think I should loosen the top and lean the bottom instead But it was obvious that crash1 engine was much faster than mine, so its the bottom end leaning that counts Btw, we both qualified for the Asean Mugen Cup this May

Good stuff.
Keep running the set. I found once the set is fully break-in, you can easily get 5 min 30 plus. With my 5.4mm carb, I got 5.50 plus. I am trying 6.5mm carb this week to see if performance /time any good.

Lose the top and lean the bottom is the way
Old 03-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Can I use the BRB (NS based) to RB X12 or V12 casing? Thanks
Old 03-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by daniz24
Can I use the BRB (NS based) to RB X12 or V12 casing? Thanks
Yes. It will fit into both of those engines.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Ed and Kitracer,

Congratulation both of you guys with ammezing results. Eating 5 ports alive is realy something, but honestly it is normal. # port is the best set up for Shnurle. The rest of the ports done to devert streams on engines where fuel milage is big issue. We are looking now perorders from different regions to make sets for 15 big block and they will be 3 ports.
Yes, on our sets you can find that the best milage and performance is wen it is slightly lean on the bottom and sightly reach on top. So far what I got feed backs from different guys that ones it tuned right you can easy get 5.45-6 min.
Edward
Old 03-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ziggy12345
When would you expect to change the wrist pin in the set? every 10 hrs running?

Cheers
Wrist pin change? I have no idea, but no earlier then I will change whole set.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ed

Hi Ed,

Amazing what a three ports can do !!!

p.s you got PM as well
Old 03-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Ed

Originally posted by xtreme888
Hi Ed,

Amazing what a three ports can do !!!

p.s you got PM as well
Hi Phillip
Yep, right configuration with right materials can turn around the all things. I am not realy surpized. You will be surprized when you going to run S4 piston, then it will be even more
Edward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.