R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #2191
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Us it to test the engines .... what else?
__________________
Team Misfits / www.igthobbies.com / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / RcShox / IGT8 '17
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:18 AM   #2192
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Us it to test the engines .... what else?
What engine?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:48 AM   #2193
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
Tommi, what pipe you using now? I found a relative cheap pipe but works really good on our set. But no IFMAR or EFRA approvals.
Hi Chris, I'm currently using the legal EFRA 2615 Max Power pipe with the conical header, works great. Was struggling a bit to get the right tune at first, was complaining about the lack of low-end punch, but I guessed I was just pampering my BRB set a bit too much by running it too rich - 90 something Celcius running temperature under Asian temperature. Got it to near optimal tune last run, I've to say that was my most satisfying run ever since started using the Palmaris p/s set - great power, consistent idle and tune under scorching hot sun, no signs of overheat/loss of power whatsoever. Other drivers at the track were mostly using 5-porters with outlaw pipes, Max Fantini, JP, RB, TZs etc...myself and Darth Vader (running the PR12 with a 5mm stinger pipe as well) were competitively as fast (if not faster) than those. I've to say, using the legal pipe with the Palmaris 3-port is not necessarily a disadvantage. Power is good, and most importantly...the fuel efficiency is fantastic, can easily make 7-8 minutes per tank.

What's the pipe that you mentioned? DV was using the VXR Piston Series pipe, performance wise, not much difference as compared to the Max pipe...well, maybe I'm not good enough to figure out the difference...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:49 AM   #2194
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
Hi Chris, I'm currently using the legal EFRA 2615 Max Power pipe with the conical header, works great. Was struggling a bit to get the right tune at first, was complaining about the lack of low-end punch, but I guessed I was just pampering my BRB set a bit too much by running it too rich - 90 something Celcius running temperature under Asian temperature. Got it to near optimal tune last run, I've to say that was my most satisfying run ever since started using the Palmaris p/s set - great power, consistent idle and tune under scorching hot sun, no signs of overheat/loss of power whatsoever. Other drivers at the track were mostly using 5-porters with outlaw pipes, Max Fantini, JP, RB, TZs etc...myself and Darth Vader (running the PR12 with a 5mm stinger pipe as well) were competitively as fast (if not faster) than those. I've to say, using the legal pipe with the Palmaris 3-port is not necessarily a disadvantage. Power is good, and most importantly...the fuel efficiency is fantastic, can easily make 7-8 minutes per tank.

What's the pipe that you mentioned? DV was using the VXR Piston Series pipe, performance wise, not much difference as compared to the Max pipe...well, maybe I'm not good enough to figure out the difference...
Mugen Seiki Japan#00969 (or HA) is the First choice.
HN PI102 (Taiwan) pipe is close second, the same pipe lenght but half the price. The manifold is interchangable too .These 2 pipes will give you the Top end you want.
Most common here is HEC or Max 2615, they both good but for mid to large track, go for Mugen ( or cheap alternative HN)

Great to hear you got power from the set. If head shim and clutch set correctly, you can run the set 110C in Asia temp without any problem whole day long.

After I run the PR12 engine, I never look back. It is Power and CONSISTENCY that help you rest of the way. You can concentrate on your car setting so your lap time will start to improve. When one of the main factor ( your engine) running reliable, then you will start noticing the rest of changes you've made.

If you ever have any questions, just pop them here.
__________________
Nitro-x Tomorrow Fuel today
Blitz body the champion choice
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:51 AM   #2195
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
What the heck is Edward going to do with the Evolva?

Damn.. he got a free car...
But I think he going to bring much better news from WinterNat when he come back. Great Result
__________________
Nitro-x Tomorrow Fuel today
Blitz body the champion choice
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #2196
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
Mugen Seiki Japan#00969 (or HA) is the First choice.
HN PI102 (Taiwan) pipe is close second, the same pipe lenght but half the price. The manifold is interchangable too .These 2 pipes will give you the Top end you want.
Most common here is HEC or Max 2615, they both good but for mid to large track, go for Mugen ( or cheap alternative HN)

Great to hear you got power from the set. If head shim and clutch set correctly, you can run the set 110C in Asia temp without any problem whole day long.

After I run the PR12 engine, I never look back. It is Power and CONSISTENCY that help you rest of the way. You can concentrate on your car setting so your lap time will start to improve. When one of the main factor ( your engine) running reliable, then you will start noticing the rest of changes you've made.

If you ever have any questions, just pop them here.
Grrr...broadband service had been down in my area for the past few days...

Thanks for the info Chris! Totally agreed on your last paragraph, I looked to Palmaris for mostly CONSISTENCY and RELIABILITY, POWER comes second; so far it's been nothing but great in those areas! The reason was because my previous engine has gotten me into nightmares and more nightmares...NSR5...it's not a bad engine, but I've gotten scared as it caused me all the 2 races that I've taken part in, I couldn't even complete a single HEAT in a race with it! Well I've to admit that engine has a lifespan, and that my old engine just decided to fail on me at the bloody wrong time... Once bitten twice shy, I had a phobia since, that's why I gotten myself a second set of BRB p/s set; and this is whilst my current set of BRB p/s is STILL doing GREAT.

I reckon the weather in HK is almost the same as in KL, may I know some info on plugs, head clearance and the temperature you're able to get your engine running over there?

p/s: The HN PI102 pipe that u mentioned, is it a pipe from Hong Nor?
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #2197
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi
I reckon the weather in HK is almost the same as in KL, may I know some info on plugs, head clearance and the temperature you're able to get your engine running over there?

p/s: The HN PI102 pipe that u mentioned, is it a pipe from Hong Nor?
Here are my setting under differ condition. The place I raced at only 15m above sea level if that helps.
During cold season ( 10 to 20C , Humidity 50%,)
I use Odonnel 97, total head clearance 0.7mm, Running temp below 100.

During summer ( appro 30C, humidity 80 to 95%)
Odonnel 99, total head clearance 0.8mm, running temp below 115.

HN PI102 is the Hong Nor pipe. Is very short, so great for top end.
For torque, I think your Max pipe is good and the JP also very good.
__________________
Nitro-x Tomorrow Fuel today
Blitz body the champion choice
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #2198
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
Damn.. he got a free car...
But I think he going to bring much better news from WinterNat when he come back. Great Result
Yep, i got that baby and it wasn't really free-tiket was about $.80 so I paid some fo it
As far as news-yes we got some news-new AXIAL motor finished 2nd in A main (Chris Tososlini) and it is really good result for motor which came on race first time ever! Brian did a hell of work to make this thing happenned!!! Congratulation to Brian and all Team AXIAL with great result!!!!
I didi read some RPMs on the track (end of straight) and found the same thing as before. Top RPMs for .12 engines is between 38.9-41.2 K (I heard somebody cliamed 65 K ) and for 21 engines is between 39.2-42.0 K. I saw some motors were screaming harder up to 43.5, but there was no speed (probably clutch was no good or something) but when car goes really fast RPM as stated above. BTW to whom it ill be reallly interesting whatever reason is higher RPM motors is quieter by sound and in most cases screamers are about 38.9-39.5 K no more then that.
Also we found that second speed engagment is the best for RRR car is at 34 K and for MTX3 32K, also I mesure Uriah Murnan 1/8 scale car second speed engagment and he got @ 36k and his car looks really good on the track.
As about the tunning pipes- we found the best fit was JP 2601 or Novarossi 2601. We did have HA Optimized pipes, but unfrtunately they are 5+ mm stinger so we couldn't really test them a lot.
If any questions-I will be happy to answer.
Edward
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #2199
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hi Edward, it's been a while since I've posted on your thread.

What is this AXIAL motor you speak of? One of yours I assume?

I think my bimetal set has finally run in (only took 4 months ). I have been running the bimetal set in just a standard novarossi NSR12S3 using all the parts from the crank up from the profi engine.

Performance is really starting to come on now, and I even managed to finish a 10 min main last weekend with only 1 fuel stop (If I'd known I was going to run that well I would have changed the tyres and finish a bit higher than 5th!)

At the next meeting in a week's time I'll run the p/s set back in the profi engine and see if it goes ok now.

Keep the good stuff coming Edward.

Cheers,

Mike.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #2200
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I second the congratulations to AXIAL and Tosolini on the 2nd place finish (3rd qualifier)! They put on a great show. I'd like to thank them for their help at the race as well. I picked up some more tips on clutch tuning that I'm hoping to put to good use.

Thanks to Eduard for the great Palmaris engines and help. They helped me to my best result at the W'nats. Qual'd 1st in the C. Half way through I was a lap ahead of the field for the bump when fuel got in my receiver reminding me I forgot to cover it. Doh!!! Anyone know a good mechanic for hire? Regardless it was a great result, 3 Palmaris engines in the top 30.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:36 AM   #2201
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge
I second the congratulations to AXIAL and Tosolini on the 2nd place finish (3rd qualifier)! They put on a great show. I'd like to thank them for their help at the race as well. I picked up some more tips on clutch tuning that I'm hoping to put to good use.

Thanks to Eduard for the great Palmaris engines and help. They helped me to my best result at the W'nats. Qual'd 1st in the C. Half way through I was a lap ahead of the field for the bump when fuel got in my receiver reminding me I forgot to cover it. Doh!!! Anyone know a good mechanic for hire? Regardless it was a great result, 3 Palmaris engines in the top 30.
Congratulation guys.
Todd, I be your mechanic, just fly me there. i promise I wont put fuel on your receiver!!!
__________________
Nitro-x Tomorrow Fuel today
Blitz body the champion choice
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #2202
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Chris, when I win the lottery I'll take you up on your offer
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #2203
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Belts for RRR

Hey Jim.
Here is belts i use on my RRR

Racing scene
H.S TAKAGJ

Edward
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #2204
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Jim check this out.
Attached Thumbnails
Palmaris engine thread-case4.jpg  
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:57 AM   #2205
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Who or what is AXIAL?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Palmaris PR12 .12 1/10 touring car engine boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-29-2007 09:28 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Monster Trucks 0 11-26-2006 08:56 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Electric Off-Road 0 11-26-2006 08:48 AM
Palmaris PS12 engine for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-10-2005 09:05 AM
Palmaris PS12 for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-16-2005 06:15 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net