R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #1321
Tech Elite

Hi Ed,

Some interesting info:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/phs4.html

Do you think your BRB piston/sleeve affect health?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:34 AM   #1322
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

is the cylinder still available for the PS12? Im getting that engine from a friend and i was wondering if parts are still available? Like piston & sleeve.
thanks
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #1323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hi Ed,

Some interesting info:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/phs4.html

Do you think your BRB piston/sleeve affect health?

We have already talked about it in the past, but we can do it again, no problem.
Everything written in the article is absolutely right and no dispute about it. But in our particular case we donít use Beryllium as a metal, it is Beryllium Bronze (also known as Beryllium Cupper) and it contains about 1.8 % Beryllium. Another thing is that is really dangerous to breath powder of BRB, but if you donít grinding the sleeve there is no powder. Piston is running on Chrome plating and doesnít create any powder and there is no risk to breath it (no powder-nothing to breath in). Just for instance, some strings for Guitars are made with usage of BRB, springs on wristwatches are made out of BRB etc.
On our facility in Russia we use state of the art cleaning equipment during the manufacturing process.
Also if you look the tables of dangerous materials you will find there a lot of Chemical element, which use in our hobby (NiCd batteries, Chrome plating, some of the soldering alloys contains Lead, nitromethane, etc). But as long as we donít chew or breathe those elements should be no problem.
BTW, Tower Hobbies selling propellers for boats made out of BRB and they have been use in boating for years. Those not even coated, and they are blank, so modeler must to cut it to specs-that process is very dangerous and as Motorman mentioned in the past they use all precaution and safety equipment and no problem at all.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #1324
Tech Adept

Default Ed

Hi Ed,

Did you get my pm ?

Thanks

philip
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #1325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
We have already talked about it in the past, but we can do it again, no problem.
Everything written in the article is absolutely right and no dispute about it. But in our particular case we donít use Beryllium as a metal, it is Beryllium Bronze (also known as Beryllium Cupper) and it contains about 1.8 % Beryllium. Another thing is that is really dangerous to breath powder of BRB, but if you donít grinding the sleeve there is no powder. Piston is running on Chrome plating and doesnít create any powder and there is no risk to breath it (no powder-nothing to breath in). Just for instance, some strings for Guitars are made with usage of BRB, springs on wristwatches are made out of BRB etc.
On our facility in Russia we use state of the art cleaning equipment during the manufacturing process.
Also if you look the tables of dangerous materials you will find there a lot of Chemical element, which use in our hobby (NiCd batteries, Chrome plating, some of the soldering alloys contains Lead, nitromethane, etc). But as long as we donít chew or breathe those elements should be no problem.
BTW, Tower Hobbies selling propellers for boats made out of BRB and they have been use in boating for years. Those not even coated, and they are blank, so modeler must to cut it to specs-that process is very dangerous and as Motorman mentioned in the past they use all precaution and safety equipment and no problem at all.
Thanks for the explaination Edward. I figured that the alloy itself would be less dangerous but just wanted to hear the report from yourself for the benefit of us all.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #1326
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the explaination Edward. I figured that the alloy itself would be less dangerous but just wanted to hear the report from yourself for the benefit of us all.
You are very welcome.
BTW, I guess you did get your P/S set and it should be realy good. Any info you can share please?
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #1327
Super Moderator

Quote:
You are very welcome.
BTW, I guess you did get your P/S set and it should be realy good. Any info you can share please?
Edward
for what engine is the p/s set for?
Old 03-07-2005, 05:53 PM   #1328
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.J
for what engine is the p/s set for?
Mine is in a NS12S3A1.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #1329
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mine is in a NS12S3A1.
cool how much and how to order?
Old 03-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #1330
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have them in a NS12S3 and a RER12S3 and a SX12. I know of some in RB V12's and other Nova based crankcases as well.

Contact Top Gun for pricing and stock availability.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #1331
Tech Elite

Our sets fit in any 14 mm strock engines, including STS, Novarossi, Rex, JP, Novamax, Top, Mugen, Novamega.
I am not allow to sell here in forum anything (I do respect rulls), but if anybody wants to-can contact to me on private way via emails, PMs. Very soon, within a week our web site will be operational and order can be placed there as well.
Edward
Old 03-08-2005, 04:01 PM   #1332
Tech Adept

Default Ed

YGPM.....

philip
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #1333
Tech Regular

Quote:
Our sets fit in any 14 mm strock engines, including STS, Novarossi, Rex, JP, Novamax, Top, Mugen, Novamega.
I am not allow to sell here in forum anything (I do respect rulls), but if anybody wants to-can contact to me on private way via emails, PMs. Very soon, within a week our web site will be operational and order can be placed there as well.
Edward
Edward...it's Francis. When are the new cranks going to be available. I should have given you my motor at the WinterNats but you looked way too busy
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:50 AM   #1334
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
Edward...it's Francis. When are the new cranks going to be available. I should have given you my motor at the WinterNats but you looked way too busy
We don't have a release date yet. It is still under testing.
We need to "torture" it to be sure it is good enough to be Palmaris Racing Product.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:33 AM   #1335
Tech Fanatic

Ed - You got email.

Campbell
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote