R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-24-2004, 09:02 AM   #1096
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by cdelong
No problem. I like your Nova set so much, I won't buy an engine unless you make a sleeve set for it. Guess I'm a customer for life!
Hi Corey.
Thanks a lot for warm words. I am realy happy that you like my product. I hope we will be able to serve the same way always.
best regards
Edward.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:08 AM   #1097
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
Cdelong & Ed

Hi

I fitted a brb set to a rRB rody v12 last night, using the original rb conrod. I am going to get a BRB set for my rody C5 from Ed after Xmas.

p.s let me know what is like with the brb set in C5 ?

Ed, will you have any 3.5cc BRB set after Xmas coz will buy from you ?
Philip
Hi Phillip.

In Australia, Tommy was using BRB set on X12 and it is working pretty good. I am sure on your V12 it will blasting too.
I will reserve one 3.5 set for you regardless. I just recived one more batch of 3.5, but it is almost gone. Next batch will be on end of February-now is turn for 12. For next 2 month we will work only with 12 parts. It is possible we will bring cranckshafts as well.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:37 AM   #1098
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
For next 2 month we will work only with 12 parts. It is possible we will bring cranckshafts as well.
Ed...put me down for a crank
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 04:21 PM   #1099
am
Tech Master

Hi, need some help.

I would like some moore revs in my P5 and learn from experience that if i open start of inlet timing on crank i get some moore revs on top. i did not get any change on bottom end.

If i open closingtime on crank will i loose any bottom end torque? I do not have a large numer of cranks to mod that is wy i am asking.

Thanks
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:00 AM   #1100
Tech Adept

Default Edward

Hi Ed,

Thanks for reserving a set for me. I will order it after Xmas. Weather over here is always wet ont the weekend and dry on Monday !!!!! I want otest the brb set in the rody, already installed, but waiting for a dry track !! I will let you know how it performs !!! Race weekend this weekend, but weather wise i have no bloody idea !

Cya

philip
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #1101
Tech Rookie

hi guys,

it's my first time in this tread. was wondering how can i get hold of one palmaris .12 engine? can i order it through any website?
tks.
identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #1102
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally posted by identity
hi guys,

it's my first time in this tread. was wondering how can i get hold of one palmaris .12 engine? can i order it through any website?
tks.
That depends on where you are!!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:16 PM   #1103
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
I would like some moore revs in my P5 and learn from experience that if i open start of inlet timing on crank i get some moore revs on top. i did not get any change on bottom end.
Its the othr way around. If you want more RPMs, make the intake port close later. You will loose some torque, but not a lot.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:30 PM   #1104
Tech Master

ED
any luck on refitting that 21 sleeve?? would like to put that R1 back together
Dennis

plan to run that brb set I modified in a long rod Richey RD motor at the winternats. will give you a plug if it does well. Those things make stupid power and with the brb and my porting it should be spectacular. If its more than I can drive I'll shovel in into Leo's car.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:19 PM   #1105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by am
Hi, need some help.

If i open closingtime on crank will i loose any bottom end torque? I do not have a large numer of cranks to mod that is wy i am asking.

Thanks
Hi AM.
Sorry, I don't know what is P5 means, never had one in my hands. Closing of induction timing is one of the event which working in tandem with tuned pipe and it is realy helping on top RPM. But over cutting will defenetly kill torq, so if you stay within 65-67 degree you should be OK. On closing don't go bellow 35-everything bellow 35-makes engine realy reach on bottom end and it will some sort of hel to tune for punch out f corner.
If you find somewhere thread named engine modding ( or so) in this zone ( nitro zone), I put there very good link to one German airmodeling side with good testing ### and it will help you understand how it works versus crancase pressure.
Edward
Old 11-29-2004, 08:22 PM   #1106
Tech Elite

Default Re: Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
Hi Ed,

Thanks for reserving a set for me. I will order it after Xmas. Weather over here is always wet ont the weekend and dry on Monday !!!!! I want otest the brb set in the rody, already installed, but waiting for a dry track !! I will let you know how it performs !!! Race weekend this weekend, but weather wise i have no bloody idea !

Cya

philip
Hi Phillip, no problem. I love to be usefull
We have here pretty dry wether, but cold like in Sibiria. May be little bit warmer.
I hope on T4T it will be hot.
Edward
Old 11-29-2004, 08:23 PM   #1107
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by identity
hi guys,

tks.
I guess WAD answer to your question, it is depend where do you live.
Edward
Old 11-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #1108
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
ED
any luck on refitting that 21 sleeve?? would like to put that R1 back together
Dennis

plan to run that brb set I modified in a long rod Richey RD motor at the winternats. will give you a plug if it does well. Those things make stupid power and with the brb and my porting it should be spectacular. If its more than I can drive I'll shovel in into Leo's car.
Hi Dennis.
I gave that set lapped to Brad like 3 weeks ago at Fusion race and he told me he will send it to you right away. Please check with him and let me know.
Are you going to be at Winternats? Men it will be fun. I will have some more new stuff there and we can tested on your engine as well.
BTW, have you ever try to use Picco sets in Novas crancases, if yes, any luck?
Best regards
Edward
Old 11-30-2004, 02:53 AM   #1109
am
Tech Master

Hi Edward, THANKS.

A P5 is an offroad Novarossi engine. Sorry not to explain that.

I will try to find tha link to germen air modelling web site.

How do you messure degrees. I now i can make a 360 deg cirkel and monunt on crank but i find it to be not very accurate.
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:17 AM   #1110
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by am
Hi Edward, THANKS.

A P5 is an offroad Novarossi engine. Sorry not to explain that.

I will try to find tha link to germen air modelling web site.

How do you messure degrees. I now i can make a 360 deg cirkel and monunt on crank but i find it to be not very accurate.
How is going?
If it is off-road engine I will not recomend to make 35-65 timing on induction. To be honest- I have never deal with off-road engines, but I do belive that 37-60 should be good numbers for it.
I use contractor's protractor I bought in "Home depot" here in USA. It is made by "Quint measuring systems" Please see attached pic.
I am attaching it to cranckshaft. Engine has to be firmely attached to some sort of frame. Then you put piece of wire to that frame and set cranckshaft position to bottome dead center and wire pointing on "0" on protractor. Then you will measure when induction port open on cranck and when it closes. the same way with transfer and exhaust.
Edward
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protractor.jpg (16.0 KB, 116 views)