R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-10-2004, 06:39 AM   #1066
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Top Gun 777

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
Ed,

Forgot to ask you, BRB p/s set for 3.5cc, have that been designed for large open or small tight tracks? Although it is designed for nova rossi based engine, which crankcase was all the experiements and testing carried out on ? What crankcase would be the best for this ? From my experience i seem to found that the REX version is the best one out of all the nova rossi !!!!
The 21 set is working realy good on small and medium tracks and will ask a lot of gear down on second for high flow tracks.
We tryed it on WC , REX, JP and TOP so far it wasn't indicated a lot of difference in cases. I personaly prefer REX engines, I do owe one for my son and it is testing equipment for me.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:40 PM   #1067
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Edward- YGPM.
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #1068
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by cdelong
Edward- YGPM.
Yuo got one back.
Check it please.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:58 PM   #1069
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Edward- I will give that a try.

The BRB set for my 321P has an awesome fit!! For anyone looking to replace their 321P/421P set-, don't be hesitant- Edwards sets are a very nice fit.

I just need a few more shims now..... OR....

Edward- could I just have 0.020" milled off the bottom of the head button for the needed clearance? I think milling the bottom of the head button could possibly affect the combustion process if the chamber is much smaller.

Shims are probably the easiest- and not permanent.
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #1070
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I Have a brand new palmaris engine for sale , never fired ,
if Edward dosent have any and you want one send me a p/m,
i sell it for what i paid,
To many engines right know and dont need it ,
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:06 PM   #1071
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congratulations to Ron Calangi. I heard he finished 3rd after bumping up from the C at Revelation last weekend with a Palmaris BRB set in his Rex crankcase. That's a great result!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:43 AM   #1072
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey Edward, I picked up a new gas sedan and would like to run your engine, how can I get a hold of one?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:39 AM   #1073
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
Hey Edward, I picked up a new gas sedan and would like to run your engine, how can I get a hold of one?
Hi Randy. Didn't hear from you for a whie. This Saturday we will test some more new stuff at Cristal Park. Come down and we will talk. We will be there around 11 AM
Edward
Old 11-19-2004, 10:48 AM   #1074
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I am actually going to be stuck at work all day on saturday, but I will be racing EP sedan on sunday at a track in poway, it's really small so I dont think you'd even be interested in running any nitro there.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #1075
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Surge
Congratulations to Ron Calangi. I heard he finished 3rd after bumping up from the C at Revelation last weekend with a Palmaris BRB set in his Rex crankcase. That's a great result!
Thanks Surge ....

Credit to Edward for preping my REX RER3. Thanks Edward !

Last edited by jwf-ronni; 11-19-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:43 PM   #1076
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Thanks Surge ....

Credit to Edward for preping my REX RER3. Thanks Edward !
You are very welcome Ron. Thanks to you-have good motor doesn't mean to show it up. You were able to release all its power and handled it realy good.
BTW, REX RER, in my opinion one of the best base engine on market for use as a stock or for modding. Stay with it
Old 11-19-2004, 06:45 PM   #1077
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
You are very welcome Ron. Thanks to you-have good motor doesn't mean to show it up. You were able to release all its power and handled it realy good.
BTW, REX RER, in my opinion one of the best base engine on market for use as a stock or for modding. Stay with it
Edward,

So what did you do to the REX RER I'm using the brb in the REX and it's running great. I think I had to richen the low end alot but the motor is great.
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:56 AM   #1078
Tech Elite

Default BRB for PICCO

Yesterday was first debute for our P/S set for Pico based engines and Darin Ishitani, who was using it took over Pepe Velez by one lap. It was 20 min main. Darin made 70 laps and Pepe managed 69.
It was Picco stock crancse and crancckshaft. Pepe was using Mario Rossi edition of REX RER.
It was use on Ofna car. P/S set was new, not even broken in yet, so it still sticking badly on top, even after all qualifyings and that main.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:17 AM   #1079
Tech Prophet

Default Re: BRB for PICCO

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Yesterday was first debute for our P/S set for Pico based engines and Darin Ishitani, who was using it took over Pepe Velez by one lap. It was 20 min main. Darin made 70 laps and Pepe managed 69.
It was Picco stock crancse and crancckshaft. Pepe was using Mario Rossi edition of REX RER.
It was use on Ofna car. P/S set was new, not even broken in yet, so it still sticking badly on top, even after all qualifyings and that main.
Cool. I'm told that it's the same piston sleeve set for Novarossi based engines as well as Picco based engines with the exception of the conrod being different?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:36 AM   #1080
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: BRB for PICCO

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Cool. I'm told that it's the same piston sleeve set for Novarossi based engines as well as Picco based engines with the exception of the conrod being different?
No, it is not. PICCO has different ports lay out in case, so it will not much.