R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-10-2006, 06:35 AM   #2401
Tech Fanatic

Is been a while

have been doing testing/ tunning lately and finally had a chance to try 16% Nitro.
I was surprise the setting I end up with amazing result. Torque was as good as 25% but the top speed was little slower and lap time is the same.
PM me if anyone interested the setting.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #2402
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

hello guys, i have heard alot about Palmaris, but it seems that its not popular here in malaysia, so may i know if its really that good? also i noticed that there are 2 PR12, 1 with 8fins, and 1 with 11fins, is that different batch?

i am considering on getting a new engine, but still can't decided, so can some1 pls advise on my list below?

1. Max Power SL3
2. Sirio Evo 3
3. Nova Plus 12-3CT
4. Palmaris PR12
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #2403
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

KITRACER, i don't know so can you tell me what running 16% does compared to 20 or 30, would 16 be good for offroad gas truck 1/10 scale. i just need to understand what it does more.
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #2404
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb

Quote:
hello guys, i have heard alot about Palmaris, but it seems that its not popular here in malaysia, so may i know if its really that good? also i noticed that there are 2 PR12, 1 with 8fins, and 1 with 11fins, is that different batch?

I'm pretty sure the internals were the same on both of those but we change the head because it was hard to get the temp up with the 11 fin head
Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #2405
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

u mean it comes with 8fins, and u changed to 11fins? btw, hows the performance, and the price of this engine?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #2406
Tech Master

They came with 11 and went to 8 to help temp gains better
Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #2407
Tech Fanatic

hmm, i thought that its always better to have more fins, so that its cooler, and u can lean more?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #2408
Tech Master

this would be ideal yes, but if a motor cools so well it can't hold a temp the first thing a guy is going to do is lean it out so much he destroys the motor, and then ask's himself why did it grenade, it was only 240 it shouln't blow. but what he relises is that he leaned it so much there was not enough fuel. you can only lean so much. some people will run those motors at 300 degrees,they say thats where they perform. so less fins will help a cold natured motor hold a consistant temp ( in no way am i saying that PALMARIS motors are cold natured)
Old 10-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #2409
Tech Fanatic

oic, thanks bro for teaching me on that. btw, how well does this engine performed, compared to those Nova 12-3CT, Sirio Evo 3, Max Power SL3? also would you be able to share the photo of the linear and crankshaft? i heard that its original with no mod, is it true? based on the fact that it cannot be modded?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #2410
Tech Master

sorry i do knot have this motor, but i do know the guy that makes them, well from being on here. he now makes motors for AXIAL. his theory on the motor is to make motor that will run as fast or faster than modded nova's sirio's picco's etc. what you would see in some pro modded motors you will see in this motor the first time you open it. he also make a different sleeve that will go into nova's and sirio. they are a bi-mtel sleeve. i have read grat results from racers aboutr it. another motor you will want to investagate is the AXIAL 12RR. same philosophy in the design of this motor, badass out of the box
Old 10-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #2411
Tech Fanatic

is it true that BRB cannot be modified? Does the PR12 comes with modified linear and crankshaft and body? where can i get it, coz i would like to know how much it cost.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #2412
Tech Master

i would have to see it to tell you that, but i'msure they may be some way to mod it. i'm not 100% sure what mateareal the PR12 has for the sleeve. as far as the crank and case it is already done the same way it would be as if you sent it to someone to have it done. that was the thought behind his motor. to run it box stock and win no aftermarket mods needed. i do know Ron Atomic won the rc pro series race with a unmodded box stock Axial 12RR. their Bad
Old 10-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #2413
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
is it true that BRB cannot be modified? Does the PR12 comes with modified linear and crankshaft and body? where can i get it, coz i would like to know how much it cost.
The correct statement would be they dont need modifying. As the guy who brought Palmaris products to Europe I have tested the BRB sets to the extreme. Straight out of the bag they were faster than heavily modified engines and our gearing selections backed it up.

Gas flowing will help any engine and the BRB is no exception. However, the cuts in the sleeve cant be as extreme as some modifiers will do on NOva based engines. I have one set in my possession that was fully modified for testing purposes and the result was awesome bottom end but at a lose of top end.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:31 AM   #2414
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

i am considering on getting a new engine, but still can't decided, so can some1 pls advise on my list below?

1. Max Power SL3
2. Sirio Evo 3
3. Nova Plus 12-3CT
4. Palmaris PR12
Hi uniquexme, you're from the Borneo?

The BRB was THE "THING" and popular when 1/10 were hot some 1 year back. Some top drivers over here in KL were testing/using it, with great success, A-Main in Dengkil race (you should know how big a race that was back then), and B/C main in Asian Mugen Cup Finals. So in terms of performance, you can be rest assured that Palmaris is FAST, if not faster.

I'm running the Palmaris BRB set as well, running along with my fellow rc mates who are running 5-porters at HPC, the power is always good and I'm not at all handicapped by using the Palmaris 3-port. One might need to get used to the tuning aspect of the BRB set as it is quite different than the tuning of the other 5-porters.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #2415
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
hmm, i thought that its always better to have more fins, so that its cooler, and u can lean more?
It depends on what kinda climate we're in. In the Western countries, it is quite hard to get the engine heat up to optimal operating temperature, hence the option to use lesser fins heatsink. But in OUR country, it is advisable to use 11 fins. We're talking about track temperature of 40-50C over here, and the heat needs to be dissipated even more if you're dealing with long mains. From my experience, the BRB set can withstand temperature better than my other engine like the Nova NSR/NS breed, but still, our climate can easily be an engine killer, so it is better to be safe than sorry. I would think that 8-fin does the job as well, but the 11-fin does it better.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote