Palmaris engine thread

Reply

Old 04-17-2006, 08:27 AM
  #2251  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,148
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
Hi Edward,

For some of the plug, the filament disintegrated and pushed inside the plug. The filament color still fine.
Thanks
It seems for me that it is little bit tight on head volume and add 1 more .1 mm shim under the head (at list this is what I will do). then see what it do. Ther is one more thing switch to #8 plug.
Edward
EdwardN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:38 AM
  #2252  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,148
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
sorry to enterframe,just would like to know is there anybody use BRB or palmaris engine for this coming ifmar or previous?hows the result?

heard bout the BRB wil totally nice in JPFX crankcase,is it right?
I can't really answer your questin, may be somebody used on past IFMARS-I don't know that, but in the mean time as time of past IFMAR, there were made hundreds of BRB p/l sets and I know some of them end up on team drivers hands. Even if some team driber used-he will never say it. As for comming IFMAR we will see how many will be use.
As past results-I think Malasian National Champion 2 years in row is using BRB, North Germany Champion last year used BRB, Koysho Cup in Hong Kong in December won race POFI PR12, Serpent cup of Hong Kong in January qualify 3rd and finished 8th, AXIAL 12 SPEC I RR motor ( it is not PROFI PR12, but based on it) finished 2nd on Winternats, PROFI PR12 won PreNationals on Cristal Park, Irish Nationals 2 weekends ago finished 1st and 3rd. I can continue this list, but really have no time-have to go to work.
Edward
EdwardN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:11 PM
  #2253  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 4
Default

Hi,Edward you got pm.
Tom Erik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:35 PM
  #2254  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,148
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom Erik
Hi,Edward you got pm.
Hi Eric.
You just got one back.
Edward
EdwardN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:58 PM
  #2255  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 364
Default

Hi ! Ed:

I can answer part of the question, the 3 BRB that I have sold, are being use on JP FX, The owners says that they run much better than the original wiht better fuel economy.
Edgar Millenium is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
  #2256  
Tech Champion
 
MAVICXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: KL
Posts: 6,398
Default

Originally Posted by EdwardN
I can't really answer your questin, may be somebody used on past IFMARS-I don't know that, but in the mean time as time of past IFMAR, there were made hundreds of BRB p/l sets and I know some of them end up on team drivers hands. Even if some team driber used-he will never say it. As for comming IFMAR we will see how many will be use.
As past results-I think Malasian National Champion 2 years in row is using BRB, North Germany Champion last year used BRB, Koysho Cup in Hong Kong in December won race POFI PR12, Serpent cup of Hong Kong in January qualify 3rd and finished 8th, AXIAL 12 SPEC I RR motor ( it is not PROFI PR12, but based on it) finished 2nd on Winternats, PROFI PR12 won PreNationals on Cristal Park, Irish Nationals 2 weekends ago finished 1st and 3rd. I can continue this list, but really have no time-have to go to work.
Edward
BOOM!! thats the list i m talking about.. thanks bro..so i can compute that either BRB P/L or PR12 is not a wrong choice too rite?
MAVICXXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:37 PM
  #2257  
Tech Elite
 
Piyo Piyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jakarta - INDONESIA
Posts: 3,051
Default

Originally Posted by EdwardN
It seems for me that it is little bit tight on head volume and add 1 more .1 mm shim under the head (at list this is what I will do). then see what it do. Ther is one more thing switch to #8 plug.
Edward
Thanks Edward.
Hope this can solve the problem.
Piyo Piyo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:23 AM
  #2258  
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Originally Posted by MAVICXXX


BOOM!! thats the list i m talking about.. thanks bro..so i can compute that either BRB P/L or PR12 is not a wrong choice too rite?
Yep, that's list is only small part of it
kitracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:49 PM
  #2259  
Tech Fanatic
 
teammpp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 894
Default

Originally Posted by EdwardN
Irish Nationals 2 weekends ago finished 1st and 3rd. I can continue this list, but really have no time-have to go to work.
Edward
Should have been 1st and 2nd but I had a slightly major lack off rear grip that wouldnt go away and a little damage on the car due to spinning backmarkers.

Havent been on in a long time. Took a sabatical from racing last June and totally closed myself off from it all. Really only decided to start racing again this year around February.

Ed, been trying to call you many times this past few months but you always seem to be busy. Send me a Pm when best to give you a shout.

Campbell
teammpp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:50 PM
  #2260  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,949
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

PE, glad to see you're back racing, Im still working on it. Im also still working on that other thing.
nitrodude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:07 AM
  #2261  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,765
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

My engine is a Top TN12S1. What parts can I use from Palmaris and how much will they cost? Thank you.
performula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:46 AM
  #2262  
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default done it again

Palmaris finished 1 st , 2nd and 3rd A main Touring class today at the
the Serpent Cup in HK .

Good luck guys in L. Vegas....
kitracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:17 AM
  #2263  
Tech Adept
 
boy2rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 127
Default

Originally Posted by kitracer
Palmaris finished 1 st , 2nd and 3rd A main Touring class today at the
the Serpent Cup in HK .

Good luck guys in L. Vegas....
Thanks Chris your great motor, and thanks your tunning for my motor in the morning, if you're not leave early, I can take photo with you
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-serpentcup123-3a.jpg  

Last edited by boy2rc; 04-23-2006 at 08:30 AM.
boy2rc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:48 PM
  #2264  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
performula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CO
Posts: 1,765
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by performula
My engine is a Top TN12S1. What parts can I use from Palmaris and how much will they cost? Thank you.
Can someone just answer if the TN12 is a short stroke?
performula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:22 AM
  #2265  
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Originally Posted by performula
Can someone just answer if the TN12 is a short stroke?
Hi there , Edward will be back from Vegas this week to answer you.
Sorry I can't because we dont have many Top here so I am not 100% sure.
It should be a short stroke like the Nova NS12 ( but please double check with someone have used and compared with NS12).
If they are the same, then you can use our Piston & Sleeve, conrod and Button head.
kitracer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service