R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #2431
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

Ed, may i know have u sent out the replacement parts yet? u have told me that you sent on Monday, but i have yet to receive it. i really need the engine over this weekend. thanks.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #2432
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

Edward!!! where is the replacement parts for fixing up my PR12 oil leaking problem? u have promised to sent me those parts 2 weeks ago. have been waiting for it. i have sent so many pm and emails to you, but still there is no reply. come on, do something.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:02 AM   #2433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New site up and running!!!

Hello guys.
Finaly we updated our web site and it is fully operational.
Leo was working days and nights to make it finish and I am applause to his hard work. He made everything from ground up by himself and no any services was involved.

Check it out at www.PalmarisRacing.com
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:18 AM   #2434
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
Edward!!! where is the replacement parts for fixing up my PR12 oil leaking problem? u have promised to sent me those parts 2 weeks ago. have been waiting for it. i have sent so many pm and emails to you, but still there is no reply. come on, do something.
Join the club. me and Evo1 have been sending mails and PMs for 6 months with no reply

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:08 AM   #2435
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Check Out our new and improved Website!
Also check out the newly established forum we made to help out all racers!

-Leo
STICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #2436
Tech Fanatic

Default What happened to the Palmaris Motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN
Hello guys.
Finaly we updated our web site and it is fully operational.
Leo was working days and nights to make it finish and I am applause to his hard work. He made everything from ground up by himself and no any services was involved.

Check it out at www.PalmarisRacing.com
Hey Edward,

What happened to the Original Palmaris motors? The ones with the sigle part head and cylender\sleave and the off center carb? Was looking for a new motor and wanted one of them, do you still make em? Those things were killer. And I think they would have revolutionised a dated design...

Chris
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #2437
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaxterC
Hey Edward,

What happened to the Original Palmaris motors? The ones with the sigle part head and cylender\sleave and the off center carb? Was looking for a new motor and wanted one of them, do you still make em? Those things were killer. And I think they would have revolutionised a dated design...

Chris
Hello Chris.
I loved that design as well, but for some reason we reach the point where we couldn't get any more power out of it and project was "garaged". I might go back to idea later next year, but not at this point. There is more engines now have design around the same idea, I saw advertizing somewhere-one of new Italian mill came up with the same architecture on 21 engine, but still they were using separate sleeve. I have no idea how are those engines perform, I just about 6 monthe ago recived advertizing booklet from that cmpany and never contacted to them.
The main probelem in manufacturing those engines is to make integrated sleeve to top portion of the of engine and it is really hard to cast that design. It is possible, but there is some really creasy dificulties involved-for instance, casting Al alloys wich has very good casting abilities will not accept Chrome plating very good, and alloys which easy accept chrome plating doesn't want to casting and so on. Another thing is that is really hard to cast internal ports with port's holes-it is almost impossible to cast them an keep edges and angles on desired quality. I don't say it is impossible, it is possible but not for really big mass production.
I still love the idea and still think it has tons of potentials and I will not probablu give it up, but till later.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #2438
Tech Fanatic

Dear Edward, its been almost 1 month, and i have yet to receive your said replacement part for the palmaris PR12 due to oil leaking. can you kindly check on your courier side of where the parcel has gone to? and when will i be able to receive it? pls try to understand that i have a competition going on in the middle of Dec, and its coming, i m really worried here as i only have this engine to race. and not to say that i have been feeling itchy hands as this period, i can't play with my car. thanks. pls do get back to me.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #2439
Tech Elite

Quote:
Dear Edward, its been almost 1 month, and i have yet to receive your said replacement part for the palmaris PR12 due to oil leaking. can you kindly check on your courier side of where the parcel has gone to? and when will i be able to receive it? pls try to understand that i have a competition going on in the middle of Dec, and its coming, i m really worried here as i only have this engine to race. and not to say that i have been feeling itchy hands as this period, i can't play with my car. thanks. pls do get back to me.
Hi Uniquexeme.
I sent it and email to you reciept from post office. I checked already and according to their record it is gone to your side almost 2 weeks ago as second time.
If you will not recive it by end of this week, I will ask Chris from HK to send you from HK
Edward
Old 12-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #2440
Tech Fanatic

Edward,

i really haven't receive anything yet. pls look into it. as i only have the receipt, its not able for me to check on the status of the parcel. thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #2441
Tech Initiate

Default Service?

Quote:
Edward,

i really haven't receive anything yet. pls look into it. as i only have the receipt, its not able for me to check on the status of the parcel. thanks

Do not hold your breath- this is what I received back in June.

"i sent you new P/L set but it came back. Can you please confirm your
adress again and I will send it today again. It looks like some times
something is not working on Post Office."

Sounds familiar- and still no parts!
C Mike Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #2442
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Mike Hunt

I don't remember your case, probably you were under different name here. I got this email from Desmond this morning:

Dear Edward,

finally it has arrived, i went to pick it up from the pos office just now. but inside are :
- crankshaft
- front bearing
- piston/linear

but i remember last time u told me that it was manufacturer defect on the crankcase, so wat are we supposed to do here? do u need me to replace everything that u sent me into the old crankcase? U told me to modify the crankcase isn't it? but now its just replacement parts, would it help to prevent on oil leakage?

i found that the crankshaft is different from the original that i have. the few tiny holes were removed, with a groove cut around this area, it this the main reason for the oil leakage?

lastly, i would like to thank you for sending me a new set of BRB piston/linear.

hope to hear from you. and once again, thank you for your time and assistance. u really lived up to what u have promised.

So Desmond got his parts, more then that instead of sending him just new bearing, I sent him new cranck and add there new piston and sleeve set just to make him happy. I am sure he will come and confirm my words here.
Edward
Old 12-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #2443
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Mike Hunt

I found your PMs
Actualy I have never sell you anything and never ever you use my engines, you were asking for different guy his name is JV Botha. I have never ever sent you anything because I never deal with you.
I can tell the whole story-Guy bought the engine and later on piston blew up, I send replacment P/L set and guy got it and blew up again, I sent again and he sad he never recived it, then it came back, I sent it again and I got answer still not recive it. Then you sent me PM that you install some parts from Mega there and you were asking if I will send you more parts. That guy never told me after that he finaly didn't get parts, so I am assuming he got it.
So Mike, stop waiting for parts-you will not gona get them-I will not send you anything-I don't owe you anything. If Jerome didnt get the parts, he will let me know and I will send it again, but will not send anymore to PO box, only to address so I can get delivery confirmation.
Edward.

Last edited by EdwardN; 12-07-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #2444
Tech Elite

I had a same issue with leaking front bearings ,changed bearings on 2 engines ,one with rubber seal and one with metal seal.Still had same issue.

Got advice from Kitracer ,suggesting the bottom was too rich or the tune itself ,followed hes advice and have to say everything is perfect.
These engines have a different way of tuning them and seem for me anyway to like to run hotter than other makes.
My engines are running between 115 and 130 degC ,idle perfect and have been running great lately.
Do find the carb to be a bit of a pain ,have been using a RB carb and its perfect.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #2445
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN
I don't remember your case, probably you were under different name here. I got this email from Desmond this morning:

Dear Edward,

finally it has arrived, i went to pick it up from the pos office just now. but inside are :
- crankshaft
- front bearing
- piston/linear

but i remember last time u told me that it was manufacturer defect on the crankcase, so wat are we supposed to do here? do u need me to replace everything that u sent me into the old crankcase? U told me to modify the crankcase isn't it? but now its just replacement parts, would it help to prevent on oil leakage?

i found that the crankshaft is different from the original that i have. the few tiny holes were removed, with a groove cut around this area, it this the main reason for the oil leakage?

lastly, i would like to thank you for sending me a new set of BRB piston/linear.

hope to hear from you. and once again, thank you for your time and assistance. u really lived up to what u have promised.

So Desmond got his parts, more then that instead of sending him just new bearing, I sent him new cranck and add there new piston and sleeve set just to make him happy. I am sure he will come and confirm my words here.
Edward
Hi Edward
Have you got my pms, any chance of sorting my problems out now.
Thanks
V1R racer is offline   Reply With Quote