R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #2191
Tech Adept

Jammin, my d12x team edition was doing the same thing. Put a new plug and retune the high end needle by 1/16 turn open and the problem went away. Sometimes messing around with the low and high seems to solve the problem, in slight increments. It is fineky on where it wants to sit on the high needle, but still produces lots of power. I am also at the end of break in and it still has a good pinch on top. During initial break-in, I used the os p6 plug since it was the hottest plug. I have switched to the novarossi ultra medium short plug and it runs great at no higher temps than 191 f. That is just running it back and forth along a stretch of parking lot, not even under racing loads. Make sure to keep the exhaust cleaned out before you full throttle and it is fine. Let me know if you resolve the problem during the next race. Congrats on the TQ.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:10 AM   #2192
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got it all worked out. The engine came around spectacularly,blowing a big snot wad of oil out the tune pipe and finaly producing all out power. Truly amazing engine if I do say so myself. We run on a short indoor track where most every other truggy racers using two big brands RB and Nova cannot or can bairly make one pitstop in a 15 min race. With my new STS I got 9+ min on a tank of fuel in my Jammin truggy with fuel filter. Temps are where the engine blows my mind. I had to wrap up the bottom fins just to keep the engine at 200 Degrees End of a tank the engine put out a nice 220 degrees.
Great work guys at STS, My compleate combo with STS tune pipe and D21t should put me in a good for the Pro series this year!!!!

David Johnson
Jammin_Xtream49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #2193
Tech Adept

What do you guys think of the sts .12 legal pipe combo with header? Is it just as strong walled as the skyline and rd logics pipes? Can someone give me a comparison for torque or top end? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:09 AM   #2194

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Ive "heard" it run on a STS D12EX motor. The motor sounded very in synch with the pipe. Also they are a good price. But didnt get to compare it to anything.

Not sure about the strength but lots of pipes bend. My rdlogic bends all the time. But with all pipes its normally not a "this the best pipe". But you tune it to your motor and track setup. Sometimes the car is faster with different pipes and layouts.

But granted its STS, the STS pipe should go well with the motors.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 04-12-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 AM   #2195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Can anyone post more comments about "racing" with the .21T on Buggy 1/8 class ? ... im about to buy a .21T engine for entering to Buggy racing and i want to know about performance v/s OS's, Novarossis, etc ...

thanks,

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #2196
Tech Adept

thanks artificial. I am going to try the pipe out soon, maybe by the end of this month with the d12x. hopefully I will have no issues. the durability of any pipe is almost the same as you have mentioned, its just that some have better materials and can withstand taps better than others.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #2197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Can anyone post more comments about "racing" with the .21T on Buggy 1/8 class ? ... im about to buy a .21T engine for entering to Buggy racing and i want to know about performance v/s OS's, Novarossis, etc ...

thanks,
Its a very competitive motor. The D21T is also a buggy based motor so it should have a good powerband for 1/8th scale buggy class.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #2198

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook
thanks artificial. I am going to try the pipe out soon, maybe by the end of this month with the d12x. hopefully I will have no issues. the durability of any pipe is almost the same as you have mentioned, its just that some have better materials and can withstand taps better than others.
If your looking for a durable pipe the CVEC pipe is probably the most durable touring car pipe around. It performs like an rdlogic turbo II/III just gets on power quicker.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #2199
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi

thanks,
hmm... at our place, well, our neighbor S'pore & Indonesia, STS buggy engine been doin great. been top 3 or 5 for the past 1 year... so i guess should be no problem for u too. STS got many .21 engine for u 2 choose. obviously, go for the race spec of coz...

D21T (#2103)
Buggy Team Engine
Cylinder Contents : 3.48cc
Bore: 16.20mm / Stroke:16.80mm
Crankshaft : 14mm SG type
Carburetor : 2 Needles Slide 8 mm
Piston / Sleeve : ABC 5P
Glow-plug : Turbo
Custom Made Team Engine

but of coz.. u know that already

Best of all ... i like yer avatar....
Old 04-13-2006, 02:53 AM   #2200
Tech Regular

let me give you a heads up boyz. the D21T you buy is NOT the same "team engine" the sponsered racers use. They have a special team engine they use. (but they wont tell you this) Just letting you guys know just in case you wonder why your D21T is not that fast.
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #2201
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by XingXing
let me give you a heads up boyz. the D21T you buy is NOT the same "team engine" the sponsered racers use. They have a special team engine they use. (but they wont tell you this) Just letting you guys know just in case you wonder why your D21T is not that fast.
thats obvious... and of coz and we understand.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #2202
Tech Regular

XingXing your sig is way to big, sort it out boyo!
Hesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #2203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

XING XING, i know that ... but even with that i will give a try on the STS .21 Team Edition ...

I was racing onroad for 5 1/2 years till last christmass and for 1 1/2 i raced STS engines and it gave me nothing but great moments, so i really hope to receive the same from the Buggy green head engine ...

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:38 AM   #2204
Tech Apprentice

Default D12EX

Anyone tried the D12EX, red head, how does it compare the the D12X or the D3R?
ChickenLips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #2205

Its a great motor. It is just like the d3r but has unmodified case and smaller heatsink, but it also has dual channel crank and 6.5mm carb.

This makes the motor illegal but you can get a 5.4mm aluminum venturi to make the motor legal. I have a friend with the d12ex and STS pipe and it sounded like a killer combo.

If your club racing you can get away with the 6.5mm carb and when you get to more serious races you can just pop on the aluminum venturi.

Let me know if your interested. I have those in stock.