R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

tried that already..pipes,plugs,tanks,clutches,fuel, you name it..no change.

Last edited by helivaguy; 10-14-2008 at 02:59 PM.
helivaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #362
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Question.
Does an IDM engine come with the carb fully installed?, or do you have to install it yourself?

Because then it might just be, that with installation of the carb mounting screws, the rubber seals on these screws are damaged...
You really have to oil them, before pressing them in the engine case.....

No they come loose you have to install them.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #363
Tech Master

Thumbs up xspower rules

want to thank jerry at xspower for helping me out with one of my engines.
he went far beyond the call of duty to help out a total stranger and he stands behind his customers and his products which is something you dont often see in this hobby.
thanks again to the xspower team.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #364
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Cool

Glad to hear that. He is one that stands behind his products. Thats why Im here. You have my number if you ever need anymore help, or just PM me anytime..........Kurt
Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #365
Tech Master

Thumbs up thanks kurly

oh i forgot to thank kurly as well!
thanks so much for your help,kurly actually called me to walk me through the tuning issues i had! what a guy!!
thanks a million!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #366
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Cool

Anytime, thats what were here for........
Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #367
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by helivaguy View Post
want to thank jerry at xspower for helping me out with one of my engines.
he went far beyond the call of duty to help out a total stranger and he stands behind his customers and his products which is something you dont often see in this hobby.
thanks again to the xspower team.
Thank you for the kind words that is what me and my team are here for. I will look at the engine soon as it gets here and get it resolved. Again thanks!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #368
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
Thank you for the kind words that is what me and my team are here for. I will look at the engine soon as it gets here and get it resolved. Again thanks!!!

Awesome work !!! props !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 AM   #369
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Great!

please let us know what you find and the solution for it (if any)...
Old 10-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #370
Tech Master

jerry at xspower has it now so its in good hands,im anxious to find out what the problem is,20 years in the hobby and i never had a tuning issue beat me especially from a new motor.
will keep you posted.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #371
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know how much fuel have you ran through your EVO3 .12 engines before noticing loss of power. Do you change rods every gallon? I have about 1.5 gallons thru mine and it is still running strong and stable. Temps around 230-240 F and no problems with carb leaks or tuning. I can get at least 5.5 minutes, maybe 6 minutes per tank but never pushed it that far. (TM G4S). It is not as tight at TDC but it was never tight even when it was brand new.

I was running a picco pipe until someone t-boned me. Now I'm back to Skyline VR12+. I had to turn the HSN one full turn leaner (12 hours) when I made the switch. Power seems comparable between the two pipes, so I'll stick with the Skyline cuz the price is like 2 for the price of one.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:54 AM   #372
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro View Post
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know how much fuel have you ran through your EVO3 .12 engines before noticing loss of power. Do you change rods every gallon? I have about 1.5 gallons thru mine and it is still running strong and stable. Temps around 230-240 F and no problems with carb leaks or tuning. I can get at least 5.5 minutes, maybe 6 minutes per tank but never pushed it that far. (TM G4S). It is not as tight at TDC but it was never tight even when it was brand new.

I was running a picco pipe until someone t-boned me. Now I'm back to Skyline VR12+. I had to turn the HSN one full turn leaner (12 hours) when I made the switch. Power seems comparable between the two pipes, so I'll stick with the Skyline cuz the price is like 2 for the price of one.
The engine should not have alot of mechanical pinch at the top. The engines are not like a Nova and when the pinch is gone the engine is worn. When the engine is free with very little to no mechanical pinch the engine should be real fast. You can get as many as 8 gallons from what I have seen at the max. I think it also depends on the fuel of course and also how hot it runs and all the rest how it was treated. And yes change the rod. For the pipe I do not know I have heard and I have not seen so just passing on the info that the engines run hotter with non picco pipes. Do not know you would have seen a change if any there yourself.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #373
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

on me evo 3 i was using the vr12 just to get me by and now i have the picco pipe and it is well worth to spend the extra $ the performance is indescribable (in layman's terms its just way better)
Old 10-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #374
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
The engine should not have alot of mechanical pinch at the top. The engines are not like a Nova and when the pinch is gone the engine is worn. When the engine is free with very little to no mechanical pinch the engine should be real fast. You can get as many as 8 gallons from what I have seen at the max. I think it also depends on the fuel of course and also how hot it runs and all the rest how it was treated. And yes change the rod. For the pipe I do not know I have heard and I have not seen so just passing on the info that the engines run hotter with non picco pipes. Do not know you would have seen a change if any there yourself.
I agree that compared to a nova engine the engine almost feels free of pinch but that is about when it is broken in properly and has the most top end and will last gallons at that same level. You should change the rod when it gets to this free feeling and then the rods last a bit longer but one per gallon is a good rule of thumb because it doesn't seem to be something you can measure to determine when it will fail and cost you a piston/sleeve and possibly the case. I use one rod to break all my engines in for the first half gallon or so and then swap back to the one that came in the engine for the next half gallon.

I have tried the Skyline VR12 pipe with the evo3 and it's decent all around but the 2607 gets more run time and torque and the 2617 pulls harder than the 2607. I used to like the 2607 everywhere, but it seems like I can gear around the difference and use the 2617 all the time now. I can't comment on the temps though because I have no real idea what my engines run at.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #375
Tech Master

i just want to thank jerry at team xspower for diagnosing and repairing my IDM picco.
i purchased a used idm picco and was having tuning issues with it and was baffled,jerry was more than happy to repair it free of charge..amazing that this kind of customer service exists in this hobby and he even kept me informed everystep of the way.
anyway i sent him my engine and now my baby is on its way back with new bearings and carb seals.
IDM PICCO,JERRY & TEAM XSPOWER ROCK!!