Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best NEW Engine out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you want to wait a month or 2 I would get the V-Spec 2.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I didnt think the B5 was a "new" engine... Now the B6 defiantly is a new engine. Until OS releases something new Ill stick with my speed and modded speed engines. I would consider trying an Alpha engine they seem to be promising on the track. I just dont think the ease of tuning will be there, with any non OS engine for that matter. But still I think I would try an Alpha. I know these new engines seem to be on the less expensive side which worries me as well but if they rip at the track and perform who cares.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the replies. I wanna stick to a higher end engine. Nothing against the Werks, but Im really not a fan. I race at or above sea level which make tuning a pain. I am not a huge fan of alot of bottow end. Thats what scares me about the OS .25....
Old 07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Thanks for the replies. I wanna stick to a higher end engine. Nothing against the Werks, but Im really not a fan. I race at or above sea level which make tuning a pain. I am not a huge fan of alot of bottow end. Thats what scares me about the OS .25....
I'm patiently waiting for the new OS myself. Come on OS! Lets get this thing out there already.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

tuning is easiest at sea level.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Once you have had good luck with the OS V-spec, it's hard to change engines. They tune and run so good. With this being said, the V-spec is still available or at least they are around here. I have never run the OS 25 but I have heard alot of great things about them being very smoothe and getting good fuel economy.
Since your the OS fanboy like myself, sounds like the Ninja, although not new, may be a good choice since tuning is compared to the V-spec.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I'm patiently waiting for the new OS myself. Come on OS! Lets get this thing out there already.
+1000 I have a gold head that hasn't even hit the track yet but I still want to get my hands on the new OS engine.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Token, Interesting comment. I am curious as to what seperates a "higher" end engine from the B5. I can respect not being a fan of Werks, but from a performance perspective, what have you found to be the difference other than the price. I am not attacking you, just merely curious.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpalessi
tuning is easiest at sea level.
sorry guys, worded wrong,

I run at or above MILE HIGH...

Sorry.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by underway
Token, Interesting comment. I am curious as to what seperates a "higher" end engine from the B5. I can respect not being a fan of Werks, but from a performance perspective, what have you found to be the difference other than the price. I am not attacking you, just merely curious.
You know what they say $$$ talks and BS runs a marathon. I am with you on this one Token, I think thats the main reason why I havent tried an Alpha engine. $200 for an engine come on it cant last long. It takes a lot of time prepping these engines correctly and to just have it let go is a waste of time $$ energy and effort.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
Once you have had good luck with the OS V-spec, it's hard to change engines. They tune and run so good. With this being said, the V-spec is still available or at least they are around here. I have never run the OS 25 but I have heard alot of great things about them being very smoothe and getting good fuel economy.
Since your the OS fanboy like myself, sounds like the Ninja, although not new, may be a good choice since tuning is compared to the V-spec.
X2 on the Ninja! Great engine right there, and chances are you already have a pipe that will work well with it. Even better IMO is a ninja with a v-spec sleeve in it(Hint... Hint OS??).

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1000 I have a gold head that hasn't even hit the track yet but I still want to get my hands on the new OS engine.
LOL Frank, you and your gold head limited edition special. Or should I say v-spec with a shiny gold head??
Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by underway
NP - I am a person that strongly believe in "you get what you pay for" and if its the 200 engine - I will go with an Alpha..... Nothing against werks and not say its bad. I just dont care for it...... plus Its not a new engine.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

sorry guys, worded wrong,

I run at or above MILE HIGH...

Sorry.
you should deff try some higher percentage nitro if your above 3000'
Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg B
Yeah, I have 3 vspecs and 3 sets of P,S,C........But since they are gone, I would like to try something new. Plus OS is pissing me off, not introducing the new engine at NATS.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
You know what they say $$$ talks and BS runs a marathon. I am with you on this one Token, I think thats the main reason why I havent tried an Alpha engine. $200 for an engine come on it cant last long. It takes a lot of time prepping these engines correctly and to just have it let go is a waste of time $$ energy and effort.

Cant speak on the Alpha... But the B5 will out last a VSPEC any day. The extra $300 in my pocket does in fact talk!!!!!

Not looking to start a war, but think about it... 2 B5's will definately outlast a Speed and for less money. I make no claim that the Speed is not a Top Tier motor that is proven. But its not $300 more proven in my eyes...

The B5 was not brought out to combat the Speeds( although it makes just as much power) It was brought out to combat the regular Vspecs/ +4's and it owns them when you look at the performance/price aspect.

To each his own! If you got the cash for the speed... by all means!

I agree the OS does spoil you with its ease of operation and reliability...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.