Wiki Posts
Search

Best NEW Engine out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Yeah, I have 3 vspecs and 3 sets of P,S,C........But since they are gone, I would like to try something new. Plus OS is pissing me off, not introducing the new engine at NATS.
Im a OS fan besides the JS line we import, and i have to say i dont see anything you cant build on your own coming from OS anytime soon. I could be wrong but thats just my.02
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

"I'll never need to buy another vspec!" - Local driver after running his Novarossi N21r.

For $135, you can't go wrong. Nova quality, 3 port mileage, purple head... do i need to say more..
Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by underway
Cant speak on the Alpha... But the B5 will out last a VSPEC any day. The extra $300 in my pocket does in fact talk!!!!!

Not looking to start a war, but think about it... 2 B5's will definately outlast a Speed and for less money. I make no claim that the Speed is not a Top Tier motor that is proven. But its not $300 more proven in my eyes...

The B5 was not brought out to combat the Speeds( although it makes just as much power) It was brought out to combat the regular Vspecs/ +4's and it owns them when you look at the performance/price aspect.

To each his own! If you got the cash for the speed... by all means!

I agree the OS does spoil you with its ease of operation and reliability...
so that means you would rather have 2 vspecs then 1 speed for the same or close price?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Cant speak on the Alpha... But the B5 will out last a VSPEC any day. The extra $300 in my pocket does in fact talk!!!!!

Not looking to start a war, but think about it... 2 B5's will definately outlast a Speed and for less money. I make no claim that the Speed is not a Top Tier motor that is proven. But its not $300 more proven in my eyes...

The B5 was not brought out to combat the Speeds( although it makes just as much power) It was brought out to combat the regular Vspecs/ +4's and it owns them when you look at the performance/price aspect.

To each his own! If you got the cash for the speed... by all means!

I agree the OS does spoil you with its ease of operation and reliability...
In my opinion there is no better engine than a SPEED. The reason I do not run on is because its almost 700 at my LHS with the pipe...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
so that means you would rather have 2 vspecs then 1 speed for the same or close price?
Absolutely(prefer 2 B5's though)... I personally cant justify $499 for 1 motor, no matter how great it is. And I acknowledge the speed is a GREAT motor.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Ok then

Thanks for the replies. I wanna stick to a higher end engine. Nothing against the Werks, but Im really not a fan. I race at or above sea level which make tuning a pain. I am not a huge fan of alot of bottow end. Thats what scares me about the OS .25....
If you want a high end engine with a bit less bottom end, I would say the standard Toro Nero. It has smooth bottom, plenty of mid and tons of top end. It's a 7 port so it's smooth and fast.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

In my opinion there is no better engine than a SPEED. The reason I do not run on is because its almost 700 at my LHS with the pipe...
You've obviously never driven a werks then

If you go to longmont this weekend I'll let you give it a spin, but you wont admit you absolutely LOVE it. A D8T AND a Werks.... I'm surprised you dont wanna kill me yet Token!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I heard through the grapevine that Losi wanted a engine to call their own and they wanted it built as close to the OS speed as they could get it and offer it at a great price. Horizon (Losi) had Novarossi build the Nitrotec engine. Have also heard from the Losi boy's in Ohio that the engine is excellent. Dunno the truth behind this one but that's the skuttle-butt going around.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

CLockwork B5 is one fast truggy motor. If you want a OS based engine the Clockwork JX 21 is the way to go.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Absolutely(prefer 2 B5's though)... I personally cant justify $499 for 1 motor, no matter how great it is. And I acknowledge the speed is a GREAT motor.
ok now with that being said.. this is how i see it, please take it for what its worth.

any of us can buy 1 speed engine and a extra P/S/R set w/bearings for the same it would cost for 2 blue heads. Now the 2 blue heads I'd get maybe 7gallons if im lucky for a total of 14 gallons between the 2, then they go in the garbage.
That 1 speed and parts i will get about 16-18 and have a better, more reliable, faster engine. my 0.2
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg B
I heard through the grapevine that Losi wanted a engine to call their own and they wanted it built as close to the OS speed as they could get it and offer it at a great price. Horizon (Losi) had Novarossi build the Nitrotec engine. Have also heard from the Losi boy's in Ohio that the engine is excellent. Dunno the truth behind this one but that's the skuttle-butt going around.

The Nitrotec is a good Motor... Interesting that it could be built in the likes of the Speed...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RB B10 and 2045 tuned. The RB B10 is a great engine. It is very powerful and very reliable
Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

ok now with that being said.. this is how i see it, please take it for what its worth.

any of us can buy 1 speed engine and a extra P/S/R set w/bearings for the same it would cost for 2 blue heads. Now the 2 blue heads I'd get maybe 7gallons if im lucky for a total of 14 gallons between the 2, then they go in the garbage.
That 1 speed and parts i will get about 16-18 and have a better, more reliable, faster engine. my 0.2
Where can you get 1 Speed and P/S/R and bearings for $500- $550? I guess I am not a savy shopper. But I can get that 16-18 out of 2 B5's for over $150less. Until I tried the B5 I was on the O.S. wagon too. I've owned speeds and Blue Heads. They were all great. But after I got off the speed high I wanted to see if there was something out there that was close but for alot less money and the B5 answered that call.

I never equated the speed to be more relaible over the blue head. They are both just as reliable. To me O.S. is reliable(minus the rear bearing fiasco of a few years ago) The speed out lasts the blue head without question.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im a OS fan besides the JS line we import, and i have to say i dont see anything you cant build on your own coming from OS anytime soon. I could be wrong but thats just my.02
Agreed! I think we will basically see a ninja with v-spec P/S as the new OS engine. That combo is one of my favorite engines on the planet so I'd be happy to be able to buy it out of the box.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Never was an RB fan but the RB Killer 9 now Killer 10 is once awesome engine. Been a great seller too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.