Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling >

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Terry, Brian and Hans Received you piston/sleeve sets today. They were resized and shipped out today. Tracking has been E-Mailed to you. All turned out xlnt.

Thank You,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs up argus

its broke in. seems that the idle has picked up though.?. only running around 200 though so i need to close the air gap some right? got to say the easiest break in i have done to date. just want to make sure i am tuning right has to last me. thinking a mod one for truggy, tired of 5 min pits on my mod nova. pm me thanks awsome as always.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by delane74
its broke in. seems that the idle has picked up though.?. only running around 200 though so i need to close the air gap some right? got to say the easiest break in i have done to date. just want to make sure i am tuning right has to last me. thinking a mod one for truggy, tired of 5 min pits on my mod nova. pm me thanks awsome as always.
You may have to lower the idle via the idle screw a couple hours from factory settings. Not to much though. Then just be sure to start tuning with the HSN first, then the LSN. Our engine mods are more track oriented, to keep mileage and drivability while increasing power across the RPM band. So fuel mileage will be very good. 5 minute pits!!...lol man thats a gas hog!...lol

Take care Delane, and if you have any questions just give me a call. Hopefully the weather will clear up for you soon out there!

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Steven, Received your P/S sets today, They were cleaned up, resized to the tolerance specified and shipped out. Traking # has been E-Mialed to you.

Thanks so much,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Well lance is the man! A few other guys at the track had you resize there engines and all are very happy. I didn't know they knew about you until we started talking..lol. my nova is sready for a resize again its got 4.5 gallons thru it so I'm pretty happy to get that out of a resize. One dude engine you resized is in ite 6 gallon! Crazy.

Anyway I will send that nova ps out Monday and I am loving the argus so much I am going to order a full mod one from you. I will paypal you today. The nova 3 port you modded for me still turns heads...lol so can't wait to try your mod argus.

Anyway thanks for the awesome work and great service!

James V
Old 02-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks james, Guys are having very good results. The medium tightness is more like new and typically last about 4-5 gallons but we do have quite a few customers that have gotten over that. The light resizing that some guys want to have only a couple tank break in are good if you have an engine that you want to race and dont have time to break in, or an engine that you dont want to put much money into . Like if the rod is still within allowable tolreances but is showing some wear. .The light resize doesnt put much stress on the already worn rod. BUt the light does not last as long most get about 2 gallons on a light.

Good to hear all the positive feedback from your group of racers. Our High precision method has proven to be very accurate and perform great. Our work Is top notch and thats exactly what we set out to do.

Your mod Argus will ship out Tuesday. And thanks again!

Take care,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

We received quite a few resizing orders today. They have all been serviced and shipped out. Tracking numbers have been E-mailed and /or texted to you guys. Thanks again, your business is apreciated.

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Got the tracking number for my modded argus, thanks Lance! Can't wait to get it. My nova piston and sleeve should be there tomorrow for you to resize. Thanks!

James v
Old 03-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

..lol I was just about to post on here that Your Engine has shipped!..lol

You will be amazed at the increase of power while still keeping its great fuel mileage. Keep us posted and how you like it and how it compares to the stock Argus. SInce you got the race prepped this time you will be ready to Do a few gentle tanks on the track to complete the break in. WE still recommend heating it up before starting while it is still new.

Thanks again James and Enjoy

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Frank, Your B6 is ready to go. New ceramics, drilled and expoxy filled crank and resized. I left the crankcase volume the same. Becase they run so good like that. I also noticed the deck height was too low. So I adjusted it for you. Your tuning should be a lot easier now. Maybe some shims got lost somehow along the line fron the previous owner??? There were 2 missing. But its all good now.

I e-mailed you tracking usps priority mail

Thanks so much,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 03-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Rusty received you order today. Working on it now.Set looks like its in great shape so That will ship back out today.

Thanks again,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Got my modded argus today. Man is sure looks nice! Thanks for the fast shipping Lance!

James v
Old 03-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chopperjames619
Got my modded argus today. Man is sure looks nice! Thanks for the fast shipping Lance!

James v
No problem James, Thank you. And have a great weekend!

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Mail came late today for some reason?

Anyway, Robert received your 3 Piston sleeve sets. The Plus 4 sleeve needs some TLC We will clean it up and resuface it and it shoulde be fine. The other 2 sets are great. I will get hem serviced and ship out in the morning.

Chris, also received your Rb pIston/sleeve set. There is some monor surface issues and scratches with the piston and sleeve but we should be able to correct it and resize it so It should get you at least a couple more gallons out of it. Which I think we talked about this already so forgive me if I am repeating myself..lol We will get it fixed up and ship out tomorrow.

Thanks so much,

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

nevermind.

Last edited by 1sickGT; 03-07-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.