Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling >

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebtarta
Morning, is it necessary to add a shim between the front bearing and the cone? I have never done this, but I have read and been told it helps the race of the front bearing when the cone is not on it. If so, do we have a measurement or part # for this shim?

Thanks,
You can add a shim if you need to adjust the offset of your flywheel but it is not required. Also if you do add a shim it needs to fit the crank perfectly and not be larger than the inner race. I have seen many times people use large thin shims and they get bent back ( towards the bearing ) and eat up the bearing seal.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Will you accept?

hey lance,

wrote you you a message here about my B5 recently that I had wanted to send to you to get rebuilt. Wanted to know if you would mind if I sent it to you in pieces? I’ll explain..... I don’t disassemble my engine often, and want to get a repetition in doing that. So before I deploy, I wanna strip it totally down, inspect it, and learn a little more about the inner workings of a nitro engine. Would you have a problem with me doing that, and sending it to you completely disassembled to get worked on? Just curious.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
You can add a shim if you need to adjust the offset of your flywheel but it is not required. Also if you do add a shim it needs to fit the crank perfectly and not be larger than the inner race. I have seen many times people use large thin shims and they get bent back ( towards the bearing ) and eat up the bearing seal.

Thank you so much for the info. No shim it is then!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xlrsd
hey lance,

wrote you you a message here about my B5 recently that I had wanted to send to you to get rebuilt. Wanted to know if you would mind if I sent it to you in pieces? I’ll explain..... I don’t disassemble my engine often, and want to get a repetition in doing that. So before I deploy, I wanna strip it totally down, inspect it, and learn a little more about the inner workings of a nitro engine. Would you have a problem with me doing that, and sending it to you completely disassembled to get worked on? Just curious.
That's no problem go ahead and send it in and I will take a look.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

RCR sleeve tools back in stock!

Old 12-20-2019, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

RC engine modifications at 2 day turnaround
Old 01-08-2020, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

love my rcrenew sleeve tool and ARO Lance knows his stuff
Old 08-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

We have been working 6 days a week for over a year now to keep up with mods, sleeve resizing, machining parts and performing break ins. ( And I am very thankful for that ) That has not left much time for me to be on this forum but so if you guys have any question please email for a faster response.

[email protected]