Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling >

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by delane74
the engine gods smiled and today it came! extra shim is installed and clutch is mounted. looking like the week end for break in though. stupid work, they just dont understand!
lol!...Keep us posted on how you like it. Everyone who has bought one is very happy with the Argus.A couple of my customers have hit the 3 gallon mark with no problems or issues. And they are very fast engines for sure!

Thanks,
Lance
RcRrenew
Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Randy and Vaan, Received your P/S sets today. They have been serviced and shipped out. Tracking has been E-Mailed Thanks!

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default argus

so its 3 am and just ran my 1st tank at idle. went better than most mills i have broke in. with the pipe it doesnt sound like i am used to but sure seems like it will be a screamer.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Man! 3am..thats hardcore! They idle and break in very well. Thanks for the update!

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Old 02-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Dana, resized the Nova .28 and installed new ceramic bearings. Its in great shape. The Nova 367 crank pin is worn .005" out of tolerances, it would need a rod and front bearings as well. Prob not worth the money it would take to rebuild, but let me know what you want to do either way.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Old 02-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

lance took my truggy to thunder alley , i cant believe the power the argus has. its alot better then my .28 thank you for introducing me to this engine and pipe
Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Yes the are very fast engines I told you you would like it!
These Are Very reliable, and powerful Race engines, dont let the low price tag fool ya!

Glad you like it Florencio! Take care and see you at the track!

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by florencio
lance took my truggy to thunder alley , i cant believe the power the argus has. its alot better then my .28 thank you for introducing me to this engine and pipe
are you gonna run the Grassroots Racing Series on March 5th @ Thunder Alley?....what about you lance?....its gonna be an awesome race
Old 02-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
are you gonna run the Grassroots Racing Series on March 5th @ Thunder Alley?....what about you lance?....its gonna be an awesome race

I want to! I really like thunder Alley! The Rain postponed the 2nd losi series race this weekend at Rev so I will have to see how they reschedule it and check the dates. I definaty want to get out there and get out to Hemet pretty soon

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
I want to! I really like thunder Alley! The Rain postponed the 2nd losi series race this weekend at Rev so I will have to see how they reschedule it and check the dates. I definaty want to get out there and get out to Hemet pretty soon

Lance
RcRenew.com
i heard it was postponed to april....but either way...get your A$$ out here to T/A and Hemet...you gotta broaden your track skills
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Ya I know!..lol

But most of the big races are out at Revealtion so thats where I end up going. You have to admit though. Rev is pretty challenging When I go out to thunder alley Its like Im in heaven..lol How nice it is to have traction! I love the high bite surface and Skate ramp type jumps out there! A lot different that Rev where it is very loose. Both great tracks

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
Ya I know!..lol

But most of the big races are out at Revealtion so thats where I end up going. You have to admit though. Rev is pretty challenging When I go out to thunder alley Its like Im in heaven..lol How nice it is to have traction! I love the high bite surface and Skate ramp type jumps out there! A lot different that Rev where it is very loose. Both great tracks

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
yeah...we got some pretty big races coming up....and hemet has been a great track......plus ARC has some good races lined up....all 3 of these tracks are 5x closer then Rev for us....march 5th T/A...i better see you there
Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

deadmancourt,,,, im not sure i have a car show im suppose to be at and need to be getting ready for...if it fails i should be out there

Last edited by florencio; 02-20-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
yeah...we got some pretty big races coming up....and hemet has been a great track......plus ARC has some good races lined up....all 3 of these tracks are 5x closer then Rev for us....march 5th T/A...i better see you there
You will See me there!! I have been wanting to get out to Thunder Alley. Weather should be all cleared up by then and back to So-cal normal..lol
Love running my B5 in truggy out there, little blips of the throttle and I clear everything. Great fuel mileage track. Really nice track for sure. Just make sure you dont run Super softs out there!...

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Jose, Finished up your Modified Argus. Shipping today. Priority tracking will be e-mailed to you.

Thanks again,
your business is appreciated

Lance
RcRenew
Attached Thumbnails RcRenew.com engine resizing and epoxy crank re-filling-argusmod2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.